I truly believe Prescott could win a championship in Denver

Flamma

Reaction score
If he and the team put together strong seasons with some playoff success, maybe.

If you assume no deep playoff run or championship in the next two seasons, I don't see how any organization could justify an extension for an 8 year QB with no tangible success.

It is hard to imagine improving the team around him significantly the next two seasons given the cap constraints, so I think his best window has closed.

I think it's much more likely that the QB plays himself out of town and\or out of a starting job than to be extended here.

I can't agree with you. I actually do agree with you, I just don't think he plays himself out. He gets exactly what I put forth.

Dallas had Tony Romo since 2006. Where did Dallas go? He was as good or better than most QBs around the league. I always thought he was similar to Stafford, just a bit better. What did Jerry do to help him? I think Jerry is all in with Dak.

CBfaninWV9

Reaction score
I've been wanting to say this for the past month, but I guess this is the thread for me to say it, just to get it off my chest. Yes, others have said the same thing but I need to vent. In our playoff game vs SF; even if you take out the entire game up until the last offensive possession by Dallas, and put Aaron Rogers, Patrick Mahommes, Joe Burrow or other top tier quarterback in and 90% of the time we win that game. It's okay that Dak is not elite enough to get that done in that situation, but dang it, you don't make him the second highest paid QB in the league to fail to win that game. I do think Dak is good enough to get it done in that situation maybe 20% of the time. So, yes, Dak could win in Denver, but it would take a lot of luck and a good defense to do it.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I can't agree with you. I actually do agree with you, I just don't think he plays himself out. He gets exactly what I put forth.

Dallas had Tony Romo since 2006. Where did Dallas go? He was as good or better than most QBs around the league. I always thought he was similar to Stafford, just a bit better. What did Jerry do to help him? I think Jerry is all in with Dak.

Understand your viewpoint.

IMO, I struggle to see the team being good enough to be legit contenders over the next two years. QB's wear those results. He will have to play really well so that it's clear he isn't the problem or public sentiment will force Jerry to make a change. At the end of the day, Jerry, as a salesman, has to sell "hope".

Questions like these are what keeps us coming back isn't it?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
lmao, dak is nowhere in the same sentence as Burrows.
Dak would be out of the league behind the Bengals offensive line.
he went into shell shock after getting sacked in Atlanta for half a season and a half another one.
dak, lmao. sound like something you step on in a cow pasture.

Polish that turd harder
You didn’t understand one thing that I wrote. LMAO you’re hate just blinds you

Flamma

Reaction score
Understand your viewpoint.

IMO, I struggle to see the team being good enough to be legit contenders over the next two years. QB's wear those results. He will have to play really well so that it's clear he isn't the problem or public sentiment will force Jerry to make a change. At the end of the day, Jerry, as a salesman, has to sell "hope".

Questions like these are what keeps us coming back isn't it?

I agree with this, but Jerry faces a problem. If he restructures Dak's contract, even once, it becomes more financially problematic to make a change. And we know he's probably going to do it going into 2022.

If for example Dak then craps the bed in 2022, it would be a disaster because the team has committed. In order to move on from Dak at this point would mean not restructuring the 2023 contract. His cap hit for that year would be closer to 50M. That's a problem because I think Parson's extension is due that year.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
You didn’t understand one thing that I wrote. LMAO you’re hate just blinds you
your blind love blinds you. dak is a turd that can't be polished no matter how many people you put around him. he sucks and is what his scouting report said he was and is.
a backup who lucked into a perfect situation. he's brent hundley. nothing more nothing less.

Hardline

Reaction score
Half the Fanbase approves of Prescott , the other half disapproves .
I believe he could win a championship here. If only we had a GM that didn’t make things about them.
As recent as Awuzie. Demarcus ware, people leave and get championship rings .
I truly believe this franchise has wasted so much talent throughout the last 25 years. So many first round draft picks traded away to make the team better. With no positive results.

just a frustrated cowboy fan. 60 years of Cowboys football I’ve seen the great , I seen the downfall. I’ve seen many of almost.
I don't think it's no longer a 50-50 split in the fan base anymore. A lot of the pro Dak side has rightfully moved into the anti Dak side. They simply cannot defend their positions anymore.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't think it's no longer a 50-50 split in the fan base anymore. A lot of the pro Dak side has rightfully moved into the anti Dak side. They simply cannot defend their positions anymore.
There is a faction of society that wakes up early, and there is a faction of Cowboys society that wakes up at noon everday.
Dak lovers wake up around noon everyday, and first order of business is a hotpocket in the microwave.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
There is a faction of society that wakes up early, and there is a faction of Cowboys society that wakes up at noon everyday.
Dak lovers wake up around noon every day, and the first order of business is a hot pocket in the microwave.
then they call granny to bring them a grape soda down to the basement.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
down in their "basement crib" lmao crib, that's the right name for it.
Babyboy Dak needs a Go Fund Me page so that he can afford to extend his 50 yard Jerry field in his back yard to regulation size.
Im telling all of you that is why he drops the ball short on every throw.
Dak field, he is Arena League Super Hero on a half field.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Babyboy Dak needs a Go Fund Me page so that he can afford to extend his 50 yard Jerry field in his backyard to regulation size.
I'm telling all of you that is why he drops the ball short on every throw.
Dak field, he is Arena League Super Hero on a half field.
need to get some kids run at him while he's throwing to get him over his fear too.