I try to respect the Eagles fans here but....

AbeBeta

Reaction score
This is just SAD.

Eagles | R. Brown heads into training camp as No. 1 receiver
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 06:35:09 -0700

Zach Berman, of PhiladelphiaEagles.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Reggie Brown will head into training camp as the No. 1 receiver on the depth chart.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy said:
Thier Wr situation is kinda like our RT situation.

I sincerely doubt that my friend. How do you draw the parallell?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I think reggie brown is a good player. I think the eagles wr will be fine, they didnt exactly have game breakers 00-03 and they still won.

The difference now is the rest of the division are not pushovers like they were then and the nfc is much stronger.

ghst187

Reaction score
I'm not sold on R Brown....He wasn't all that impressive in college and there's one thing a WR can't do which he did a TON of last year...drop passes.
I'm sure he'll be better but he was miles away from being any kind of gamebreaker last year and he had butterfingers. If he's their #1, I like the chances of our DBs catching more passes from Mcnabb when we play them....

parchy

Reaction score
theebs said:
I think reggie brown is a good player. I think the eagles wr will be fine, they didnt exactly have game breakers 00-03 and they still won.

The difference now is the rest of the division are not pushovers like they were then and the nfc is much stronger.

People quote that so often, but the Eagles are not as deep as they were a couple years ago. The division has gotten better, but the Eagles have indeed gotten worse.

They had an unbelievable draft though. I still can't believe they got Winston, Gilles AND Avant.

like a dog

Panamanian Cowboy
Reaction score
Funxva said:

Because in both cases the depth chart is topped by a player who performed poorly last year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
like a dog said:
Because in both cases the depth chart is topped by a player who performed poorly last year.
Maybe true. But our guy got much healthier and much stronger.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I'd lean more towards saying the Eagles have the worst WR corps' in the NFCE. Dalas has nuthing guaranteed with Glenn and Owens. I've learned and seen that having Star Players isnt always the best way to head.

random Cs

Reaction score
They've won the NCFE with a more pathetic WR core then what they have now.

James Thrash used to be their #1...

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy said:
Thier Wr situation is kinda like our RT situation.
No, they have at least 1 day one draft pick invested in their respective position.

Reaction score
abersonc said:
This is just SAD.

Eagles | R. Brown heads into training camp as No. 1 receiver
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 06:35:09 -0700

Zach Berman, of PhiladelphiaEagles.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Reggie Brown will head into training camp as the No. 1 receiver on the depth chart.

Wow, that is sad. Maybe they should re-sign Freddie Mtchell. HA!

superpunk

Reaction score
parchy said:
People quote that so often, but the Eagles are not as deep as they were a couple years ago. The division has gotten better, but the Eagles have indeed gotten worse.

They had an unbelievable draft though. I still can't believe they got Winston, Gilles AND Avant.
apparently - those players weren't as hot as we, the media, and the draft experts thought they were - along with Ko Simpson, PatWatkins, and others.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk said:
apparently - those players weren't as hot as we, the media, and the draft experts thought they were - along with Ko Simpson, PatWatkins, and others.
There is always a reason when players like that start to drop. Every team can't be wrong.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Funxva said:
We both have unproven quantities at those positions. Our RT situation was arguably our wekest link on the team (Kicker not withstanding). That is how I draw that parallell.

Let me say that I do belive that Rob Petitti will be ok but he has to PROVE it before we can say for sure.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
There is always a reason when players like that start to drop. Every team can't be wrong.

I don't think he ever really dropped -- I think that the various media reports about how he looked at his pro day were given far too much weight by the mock draft folks and other psuedo-experts. He fell about where he was originally ranked. Much of the measureable stuff doesn't carry much weight for OL guys.

I still am curious to see what they are going to do with him.