I try to respect the Eagles fans here but....

superpunk

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Perhaps I gave a little more credit to your 2005 defensive squad than I should. Believe they may have had a little something to do with obtaining the lead from the Eagles.

Ah - so it's to be semantics, at 20 yards.

OK - after Roy took the lead away....fella.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Alexander said:
If that's the case, then McNabb needs to see a doctor. His adrenaline levels appear to be quite low.

Huh!?:confused: Look regardless of what anyone thinks, professional NFL players On any Franchise (including Bledsoe) does whatever he has to to take his team to victory.

We both know that no professional NFL quaterback would base the quality of his performance on an injury, no more than they would take themselves Out of the game if they didn't feel they could contribute toward helping their team go on to victory.

WHile I hope that he has a Healthy year, you'd better hope that Bledsoe doesn't need an extra shot of andrenaline before everything is done.

125roms.jpg

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Huh!?:confused: Look regardless of what anyone thinks, professional NFL players On any Franchise (including Bledsoe) does whatever he has to to take his team to victory.

Players never fake injuries. Never. Unless they are Terrell Owens and team enforcer Hugh Douglas is sent into the lockerroom to question it.:rolleyes:

We both know that no professional NFL quaterback would base the quality of his performance on an injury, no more than they would take themselves Out of the game if they didn't feel they could contribute toward helping their team go on to victory.

We do? I don't think every player that plays the position has the same level of pain tolerance and mental strength. Some are weaker than others. And from what I see in terms of the excuses and victimization, McNabb fits that category.

WHile I hope that he has a Healthy year, you'd better hope that Bledsoe doesn't need an extra shot of andrenaline before everything is done.

In short, were you saying "Nanny nanny Boo Boo on you" for Drew?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
McNabb didn't fake or embellish the extent of his injuries; no more than TO did after the Roy WIlliams horse-collar tackle.

TO has xrays. what does mcnabb have?

mcnabb is a huge faker who when he swings and misses, he pulls a groin muscle or something.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
superpunk said:
...OK - after Roy took the lead away....fella.

...and the Cowboys won the game ...what's the point; that was then (2005 gone by), this is now (2006 forthcoming). Let's see what 2006 will bring in the form of healthy teams in the NFC-East.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Perhaps I gave a little more credit to your 2005 defensive squad than I should. Believe they may have had a little something to do with obtaining the lead from the Eagles.

i credit our defense also. but mcnabb limps around like a pro anytime something "bad" happens he could be held accountable for. what TO does, did or will do is irrelevant to the point that mcnabb is a faker.

superpunk

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
...and the Cowboys won the game ...what's the point; that was then (2005 gone by), this is now (2006 forthcoming). Let's see what 2006 will bring in the form of healthy teams in the NFC-East.

Booger.

(In case you were wondering - the word "booger" is every bit as relevant to this thread as what you just posted.)

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Tobias, you appear to be a somewhat sensible Eagle fan. Do Eagle fans buy every excuse McNabb has no questions asked or has anyone actually taken the time to assume that perhaps he is mentally weak as Owens implied? Just curious.
There are, and always has been, plenty of Eagles fans that question McNabb. Owens comments don't really bring anything new to the table from an Eagles fan perspective. Those questions were always there. I've got my own opinions on McNabb, which would take it's own thread to express, but suffice it to say I think he get's too much credit when we win and too much blame when we lose.

Alexander

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Booger.

(In case you were wondering - the word "booger" is every bit as relevant to this thread as what you just posted.)

:laugh1:

Alexander

Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:
There are, and always has been, plenty of Eagles fans that question McNabb. Owens comments don't really bring anything new to the table from an Eagles fan perspective. Those questions were always there. I've got my own opinions on McNabb, which would take it's own thread to express, but suffice it to say I think he get's too much credit when we win and too much blame when we lose.

Good to know and thank you for the intelligent, on-topic response.

I do believe that this is an important year for him as I don't think the excuses about the WRs will save him again. I would hope that song and dance has been tired out. And if he struggles, the boo birds will be out.

If there is one thing the Owens era did it show how he could be very good with an elite receiver, but the very same gutcheck issues still were there.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Alexander said:
In short, were you saying "Nanny nanny Boo Boo on you" for Drew?nanny Boo Boo on you" for Drew?

That's funny!

No, I'm not trying to hex your QB! I want him healthy; and I'm glad the NFC-East is considered strong this year. This will be a true challenge for everyone in our division.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

how much you wanna bet that mcnabb has a lot of "nagging but not verifyable" injuries again this year? what's the current over/under?

i say he'll have at least 6 questionable injuries during the course of the year. not to pull him out of a game but to excuse poor play or decisions and gain sympathy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is it that McNabb's "injuries" didn't affect him in performances against San Franscisco and Kansas City (both with sub-par defenses), but seemed to "flare up" against the tougher "D's" he faced during his poor performances?

Seems like a built-in excuse to me.

Alexander

Reaction score
stasheroo said:
Why is it that McNabb's "injuries" didn't affect him in performances against San Franscisco and Kansas City (both with sub-par defenses), but seemed to "flare up" against the tougher "D's" he faced during his poor performances?

Seems like a built-in excuse to me.

You will not post sensible information like this.

You will buy the media hype.

Do you understand?

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Tobias, you appear to be a somewhat sensible Eagle fan. Do Eagle fans buy every excuse McNabb has no questions asked or has anyone actually taken the time to assume that perhaps he is mentally weak as Owens implied? Just curious.

Please pardon the interruption, because I know you directed this question toward TE77, however, ...

I wanted to quote a response from yet another Eagles fan ...AJM 1613. AJM1613s (many of you may Not remember Him; he had 2,905 posts here at the Zone) comments while dated (May 13, 2004)...I felt were quite appros...

AJM1613 vbmenu_register("postmenu_21741", true);

[URL="http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/image.php?u=51&dateline=1100983085"]http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/image.php?u=51&dateline=1100983085

icon1.gif
Do You Think McNabb is a top 5 QB in the League?
I know, this sounds like I'm trolling for a fight, in some ways I am. If you don't want to post on it you don't have too. I am just getting so annoyed with all these people saying that he isn't that good.

Best record in the league the last 4 years.

Look at these all time stats:
4th in TD-Interception Ratio (1.87)
3rd in Interception Percentage (2.31)

Now the last 10 games of last year (2003):
184-288 (63.9%) for 2362 14 TD, 5 Int. 97.2 QB rating.

Best QB rating over that period of time in the NFL.

In 2002 he was on pace to beat Mike Vick in rushing yards by a QB until he got hurt.

107 yards rushing vs. Green Bay in the playoffs (record).

Please only well thought out posts. No smack talk.

[/URL]

post_old.gif
05-13-2004, 02:07 PM #9 AJM1613 vbmenu_register("postmenu_21774", true);

[URL="http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/image.php?u=51&dateline=1100983085"]http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/image.php?u=51&dateline=1100983085[/URL]

icon1.gif

like Farve's. You don't write off Farve as one of the best QBs ever because of an injury do you?

I'm agreeing with AJM 1613 ...whereever you are!

125roms.jpg

Alexander

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Please pardon the interruption, because I know you directed this question toward TE77, however, ...

I wanted to quote a response from yet another Eagles fan ...AJM 1613. AJM1613s (many of you may Not remember Him; he had 2,905 posts here at the Zone) comments while dated (May 13, 2004)...I felt were quite appros...

I'm agreeing with AJM 1613 ...whereever you are!

Tobias answered the question.

You chose to regurgitate some posts from the past that had nothing to do with the question, why I don't know.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Tobias answered the question.

You chose to regurgitate some posts from the past that had nothing to do with the question, why I don't know.

No disrespect to Tobias, but he doesn't speak for the Eagles; and you darn sure don't. If you'd take the time to read AJM 1613s post, you'd see the correlations that connect his response to your question. You don't appear to be very receptive unless you hear what You want to hear.

My response to your question is that regardless of what you think, I believe that McNabb is not faking any injury/sickness incurred during any of the games he's played.

Prove it otherwise.

superpunk

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
No disrespect to Tobias, but he doesn't speak for the Eagles; and you darn sure don't. If you'd take the time to read AJM 1613s post, you'd see the correlations that connect his response to your question.

How does McNabb putting up the best numbers in the league correlate in ANY way to whether or not he's a faker - or whether he comes up smallest when his team needs him most? Correlate away....

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
superpunk said:
How does McNabb putting up the best numbers in the league correlate in ANY way to whether or not he's a faker - or whether he comes up smallest when his team needs him most? Correlate away....

I'm glad you asked. Any Quarterback that has the Potential to put Up numbers like McNabb has has no reason to "fake" an injury simply because he threw an inaccurate pass. If injuries were the barometer to determine performance levels, wouldn't it something everyone would want to avoid and not flock to as some suggest.

The Only advantage to faking an injury is to place the responsibility on something other than one's self. Even if McNabb did fake an injury; he still couldn't shift the responsibility of blame ...beause he is also responsible for removing Himself from the game if he believes he is not at Peak performance, or if His peak performance is not better than his backup.

superpunk

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
The Only advantage to faking an injury is to place the responsibility on something other than one's self.
DING DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!

Even if McNabb did fake an injury; he still couldn't shift the responsibility of blame ...beause he is also responsible for removing Himself from the game if he believes he is not at Peak performance, or if His peak performance is not better than his backup.

yet somehow the constant choking and coming up small doesn't fall on his shoulders. He has proven to be quite "shifty" when it comes to deflecting attention away from his failings, and an even better job when it comes to whoring the attention. I'm sure it ate him up when he went down in 02 and Detmer and co. went undefeated, without him.

Some franchise QB....:rolleyes: