I try to respect the Eagles fans here but....

Unforgiven

Reaction score
iceberg said:
wow - is this what it's like to agree with another cowboys fan these days??? >g< (kidding man - always appreciate reading your views - just fun not to argue about them for a change (and not you but w/anyone))

i always gave him the benefit of the doubt but last year it really stuck out that the worse things got, the more he got "hurt". and all injuries that you really can't xray or catscan to "reality" it seems. i do remember the play better now so thanks for the help there.

who knows man - maybe TO had a point. (did *I* say that???)

I find myself saying it more everyday, as Owens finally gets to tell his side of the story, not skewed by the bias media input.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Unforgiven said:
I find myself saying it more everyday, as Owens finally gets to tell his side of the story, not skewed by the bias media input.

And they are all things that have been said on this board well before the book. But nobody wanted to listen.

superpunk

Reaction score
Alexander said:
It's part of his history.

Remember the "thumb" when they were beaten by us in the first meeting in 2003?

The "ribs" against Tampa Bay in the NFC Championship?

Nice recall. Forgot the thumb, knew something happened against TB, who really was pounding him, but lame nonetheless.

But name for me the last time you heard Brett Favre (for example) talk about his injuries after he threw five interceptions? Any QB worth his salt for that matter? You can't.

McNabb is the only one I can recall who has used injuries as a crutch for struggling. It isn't just the media who keeps this alive. He himself has cited his injuries as excuses before.

Good call also whoever said it's all these injuries noone can measure. I love when they replay the game on NFL Network. The difference in McNabb pre-and-post INT is unreal. (for a small sample - look here)

For a direct opposite, look no further than TO - who tried to walk off a broken leg on the sideline against Dallas, rehabbed and played huge in the SB. He's supposed to look at the effort he put out there - compare that with Donovan - and be satisfied with his treatment by the Eagles while McNabb is the golden boy? Would any of us have been any less upset?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:
It's part of his history.

Remember the "thumb" when they were beaten by us in the first meeting in 2003?

The "ribs" against Tampa Bay in the NFC Championship?

All NFL QBs take punishment. All of them.

But name for me the last time you heard Brett Favre (for example) talk about his injuries after he threw five interceptions? Any QB worth his salt for that matter? You can't.

McNabb is the only one I can recall who has used injuries as a crutch for struggling. It isn't just the media who keeps this alive. He himself has cited his injuries as excuses before.
Since we're piling on McNabb... :)

Something interesting to note...Tom Brady always popped up on the Pats injury report, but nobody ever knew what the injury was until after the end of the season. Turns out he had a sports hernia and he played thru it all the way to the playoffs. Now you could say McNabb shut it down after they were clearly out of contention, but I always found that interesting. Same injury, different response.

Brady went up another notch in my respect book.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Good call also whoever said it's all these injuries noone can measure. I love when they replay the game on NFL Network. The difference in McNabb pre-and-post INT is unreal. (for a small sample - look here)

i made a reference to it. if it were a torn ligiment, or actual "damage" you could see it. to my knowlege, a vast majority of his aches and pains are just general "inconclusive" but lord look at that limp variety. if nothing else someone should give the man an Oscar or Grammy. then again maybe we need to come up with another name for a "best actor" award in this sport.

How about the broken eagle award??? nah - could be taken as demeaning to the country. : )

Alexander

Reaction score
superpunk said:
The difference in McNabb pre-and-post INT is unreal. (for a small sample - look here)

I don't know who is more deserving of the Academy Award. McNabb after the playful nudge from Bradie James or the Italian fellow who flopped himself down yesterday in the World Cup.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
McNabb didn't fake or embellish the extent of his injuries; no more than TO did after the Roy WIlliams horse-collar tackle.

125roms.jpg

Alexander

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
McNabb didn't fake or embellish the extent of his injuries; no more than TO did after the Roy WIlliams horse-collar tackle.

125roms.jpg

A broken ankle is a bit harder to fake than sprained thumbs, tweaked groins, bruised shins and strained ribs.

superpunk

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
It sure didn't look like TO was faking ...I could be wrong, I've been wrong before!

So you believe that the love-tap Bradie James laid on McNabb aggravated his injury THAT much? He had been getting hit before in the game, remember? Why no aggravation, then? Bradie really didn't get a great lick on him. I don't see how the injury got that much worse, than when he was moonwalking after scoring a TD.

Alexander

Reaction score
superpunk said:
So you believe that the love-tap Bradie James laid on McNabb aggravated his injury THAT much? He had been getting hit before in the game, remember? Why no aggravation, then? Bradie really didn't get a great lick on him. I don't see how the injury got that much worse, than when he was moonwalking after scoring a TD.

The gyrations he did during his moonwalk were more violent than him floating to the ground after James shoved him.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Alexander said:
A broken ankle is a bit harder to fake than sprained thumbs, tweaked groins, bruised shins and strained ribs.

I agree with you, I don't think either one of them were faking!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
superpunk said:

Andrenaline is a very powerful human biological chemical. Some athletes have played on broken ankles, etc without even knowing it until later.

superpunk

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Andrenaline is a very powerful human biological chemical. Some athletes have played on broken ankles, etc without even knowing it until later.

So, his adrenaline kicked in so that he could do a piss-poor Michael Jackson impression - but it was nowhere to be found when his team needed him most? After he had thrown their lead away?

The more things change, the more they stay the same....

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
Hey, no disrespect felt. Our WR situation is a bit iffy, no arguments here. But SAD is a relative term, and as an Eagle fan my perspective is a bit different. My perspective is based on a history of the following "#1" WRs:
2000: Charles Johnson
2001-2003: James Thrash
2004: HWSNBN
2005: HWSNBN/Reggie Brown

From that perspective, I'm pretty freakin stoked.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
superpunk said:
So, his adrenaline kicked in so that he could do a piss-poor Michael Jackson impression - but it was nowhere to be found when his team needed him most? After he had thrown their lead away?

Perhaps I gave a little more credit to your 2005 defensive squad than I should. Believe they may have had a little something to do with obtaining the lead from the Eagles.

125roms.jpg

Alexander

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

If that's the case, then McNabb needs to see a doctor. His adrenaline levels appear to be quite low.

Alexander

Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:
Hey, no disrespect felt. Our WR situation is a bit iffy, no arguments here. But SAD is a relative term, and as an Eagle fan my perspective is a bit different. My perspective is based on a history of the following "#1" WRs:
2000: Charles Johnson
2001-2003: James Thrash
2004: HWSNBN
2005: HWSNBN/Reggie Brown

From that perspective, I'm pretty freakin stoked.

Tobias, you appear to be a somewhat sensible Eagle fan. Do Eagle fans buy every excuse McNabb has no questions asked or has anyone actually taken the time to assume that perhaps he is mentally weak as Owens implied? Just curious.