I understand the frustration, but one game does not a career make or break

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First, the game:

Offense; What offense? The entire play calling philosophy was bewildering. GB stacked the box, we ran the ball. 4 rushers, we passed. No rhythm, no rhyme. No doubt Dak played poorly, but the play calling was absolutely atrocious. I have NO IDEA why MM would get away from what has worked best at home all year. I had my brother on the phone from our first snap and was screaming at him (he’s my little brother, even though he’s 59. It was all his fault).

Defense: Even if Dak had played an average - not all-time great - game, we weren’t going to win that game. The defense was an abomination. I’m not sure if Dak had played great we could’ve won. It would’ve taken an excellent game from the offense to even have given us a chance. I don’t think that would’ve been enough, but who knows. WHY WERE WE PLAYING SO MUCH ZONE WHEN M-T-M IS WHEN WE’VE HAD THE GREATEST SUCCESS THIS YEAR?!?!?!

Coaching: I mean, please. We were thoroughly out-coached. Their water boy probably handed out fluid like an all-pro. Ours probably fumbled the Gatorade. Good lord…..

Stil……

I understand the frustration, but one game does not a career make or break. Yeah, I know we were boat raced by good teams this season, but I also saw top-tier play in many, many games this year. It’s not the players, it’s the consistency and getting the players ready for big games. Call it whatever you want: discipline, toughness….idk. Whatever it is, we don’t have it.

What to do:

No idea. Fire the coaches? Quinn was no better than MM, so he isn’t the answer. A dude like Harbaugh? He’d be okay for about 3 years, then he seems to wear out his welcome regardless of success. I’m convinced the offense is there. I’m not convinced the defense is. Parsons was a no-show….again. Something can bring out the best in him consistently, but whatever that something is doesn’t exist on the team right now.

Better luck next time, I guess.
Don't forget to write us...............

BKBDAD

Reaction score
Sorry, I disagree. We played 17 games and only one team had a better record than we did. I’m not looking at the wrong games, as I mentioned the trouncings we took. There is no taking a wrecking ball to the roster unless you want to fade 5 years of bad football. The offense has most of the weapons it needs. Not having a RB killed us. Everyone talking about the ‘lucky’ win against Detroit conveniently forgets that we almost beat ourselves and it should’ve never come down to their last score. We get out coached in big games, and that’s a fact.

You want to change defensive philosophies and put bigger, slower dudes in the box? I’m not opposed to that with the right coach. That’s not something DQ will ever promote, as he likes lighter dudes that are fast, but they don’t have the britches to stop the run.

If they bring in a defensive head coach, they best find a brilliant OC. Defensive head coaches just aren’t where it’s at in 2024.
Sorry Pal you’re just wrong! If Dak is our QB he will choke in the playoffs, just like he’s done every year during his 8 seasons as a Cowboy! I wish he would prove me wrong but this was the year he should have made it happen, 2 home playoff games & then who knows? But what happened, he choked AGAIN!!! As did the rest of the team! Fire McCarthy & after next season, cut Dak lose! Time to start over!!!

nobody

Reaction score
First, the game:

Offense; What offense? The entire play calling philosophy was bewildering. GB stacked the box, we ran the ball. 4 rushers, we passed. No rhythm, no rhyme. No doubt Dak played poorly, but the play calling was absolutely atrocious. I have NO IDEA why MM would get away from what has worked best at home all year. I had my brother on the phone from our first snap and was screaming at him (he’s my little brother, even though he’s 59. It was all his fault).

Defense: Even if Dak had played an average - not all-time great - game, we weren’t going to win that game. The defense was an abomination. I’m not sure if Dak had played great we could’ve won. It would’ve taken an excellent game from the offense to even have given us a chance. I don’t think that would’ve been enough, but who knows. WHY WERE WE PLAYING SO MUCH ZONE WHEN M-T-M IS WHEN WE’VE HAD THE GREATEST SUCCESS THIS YEAR?!?!?!

Coaching: I mean, please. We were thoroughly out-coached. Their water boy probably handed out fluid like an all-pro. Ours probably fumbled the Gatorade. Good lord…..

Stil……

I understand the frustration, but one game does not a career make or break. Yeah, I know we were boat raced by good teams this season, but I also saw top-tier play in many, many games this year. It’s not the players, it’s the consistency and getting the players ready for big games. Call it whatever you want: discipline, toughness….idk. Whatever it is, we don’t have it.

What to do:

No idea. Fire the coaches? Quinn was no better than MM, so he isn’t the answer. A dude like Harbaugh? He’d be okay for about 3 years, then he seems to wear out his welcome regardless of success. I’m convinced the offense is there. I’m not convinced the defense is. Parsons was a no-show….again. Something can bring out the best in him consistently, but whatever that something is doesn’t exist on the team right now.

But it's not just one game. It's a series of games over the past few seasons ending the same every single time. Several of the players come to a playoff game looking lost, unready or unwilling to play. That's not just on coaches, that's on those player. It's far more than just one game. It's a trend that shows you who they really are.

BKBDAD

Reaction score
Couple of real interesting takes around the shows today. I liked Greg Olsen actually explaining that in modern NFL your defence is built to compliment the offence. The offence is actually the most important part of any roster. So whilst yes defence still wins championships.. it isn't the same as yesteryear. This is an offence based league. This means that there will be games where your defence gets done cold and you need to have an offence that can go with them.

Our defence is no different.. it is built to compliment the offence. Our defence is small, designed to keep things in front of them and force 3rd downs and then unleash a pass rush. Our D is designed to compliment an offence that has long drives and soaks up big minutes and, hopefully, gets a lead to force the opposition into more passing plays which then creates a downward spiral as our pass rushers get busier and busier.. and then the intercepts and turnovers come.

No doubt GB came with a plan and they drove that ball right down our necks in that first drive. But that should NOT have meant an instant 'game over' sign. However inside most smart cowboys fans.. our gut started churning. The stats show that we are less than 20% win rate when we give up the first score. That is the very definition of a front running team.

Then you look at our all conquering offence.. most TDs of the league. That cheap stat fails to mention that we had the 3rd easiest schedule, inside games, dry weather games and the MOST 'short field' TDs in the league. In short.. we were bullies against weak defences.. and we were often in great field position to start our drives.

It is NOT just 'one game' and I am deeply frustrated at posts that claim it to be. This is a PATTERN of games. Either way.. this season.. look at the humiliations as soon as we face a decent opposition. We turned for home having not beaten a single 'winning' team. We made ourselves feel better for finally beating a spluttering Eagles team that literally had run out of players and steam. We ignored the maulings at SF and Miami because the officials gave us a lucky call against Detriot. We yet again celebrated like idiots at beating Panthers and Commanders and Giants..

Yes our Defence gave up 28 in the first half.. but 14 of those were on the QB turnovers. So you know what.. a defence giving up 14 points against GB and an on fire Love? I can live with that. What makes it shocking was that our own offence was so dismal. This includes when Dak took a sack to push us OUT of field goal range that would have maybe helped the nerves a little. It was a sack that EVERYONE can agree was 100% on the QB.. he just couldn't process the field in front of him and never has the smarts to throw it away despite being out of the pocket.

It will be forgotten but when Dak fell for the clear 'trap' Pick 6.. we were down 21-0 BUT we had the last possession of the half and the first possession of the next half. At that stage you would expect an elite QB to drive the ball down for a TD and we 'should' have then been 21-7 to start the half.. we then drive the field after the half and it is 21-14 and everyone feels better. Then we only need one defensive stop.. a turnover.. something and the game is on.

Instead Dak throws the easiest pick 6 you will see and the entire team just gives up.

Now that is not just one game.. because we have seen Dak lay an egg everytime the pressure steps up. We saw him lay an egg last year against SF, we saw him lay an egg the year before that against SF, we have seen him regress year on year everytime the heat gets turned up. So it is not just 'one game'.. it is a career full of meaningless stats collected during junk games and stat padding against weak opposition. Dak Prescott will be forgotten the moment he is finally seen as the fraud he is. So OP is right.. one game shouldn't make or break a career but sometimes it can be the final straw that shows you once and for all who Dak is.. and that is a fraud. Same goes for MM. Both should be fired immediately.
It’s Defense & Offense!

diamonddelts

Reaction score
First, the game:

Stil……

What to do:

1000 yard stare coming soon to a tv near you in Jan. 2025.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
He mistook the Zone for his shrink. It happens.
cGc

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
First, the game:

Stil……

What to do:

Here is the problem with Dak.................it aint just one game.

In Dak's entire career he has played in 8 "win or go home games" be it playoff games or final regular season game the team needs to make the playoffs.

8 games that are "must win"

You know how many of those games Dak has won?

2..........thats right, Dak is 2-6 in games where "if you lose your season is done".

That is the problem with Dak, its not just 1 game we are talking about.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Yep, Dak is officially the worst playoff QB in history with a minimum of 5 games played. You know who he displaced? Tony Romo. This is quite the pattern going on here.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yep, Dak is officially the worst playoff QB in history with a minimum of 5 games played. You know who he displaced? Tony Romo. This is quite the pattern going on here.
Romo and Dak are almost like mirror images of each other.

Romo playoff record.....2-4
Daks playoff record......2-5

Both put up huge stats in the regular season, both have been probowlers, both lead their team to number 1 seeds, and both always choked in the playoffs.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
But it's not just one game. It's a series of games over the past few seasons ending the same every single time. Several of the players come to a playoff game looking lost, unready or unwilling to play. That's not just on coaches, that's on those player. It's far more than just one game. It's a trend that shows you who they really are.
Maybe. The human mind is a strange thing. I'm not disagreeing. You know these guys want to win. Are they creating more pressure on themselves than can be handled? I mentioned this before: I watched the team psychologist talking to the Michigan QB during the title game. I thought that was interesting.

As far as 'who they really are', I would say that the opposite is true. We know they can play better than they did, they just didn't. These guys aren't unwilling to play. They're pros. I can sort of see this scenario (mindset):

- GB opening drive TD. No big deal.
- DAL 5 and out. NBD
- GB punts. Okay
- Int that leads to GB score (Hmm...not this schnizzle again, but we have an offense this time)
- DAL punt after 8 plays (it's going to be okay....right?)
- GB 10 play, 93 yard drive for a TD (We got this boys, let's just get a TD here before the half and....
- GB pick 6 (Holy shellacking, Batman. we're down by 27 and I don't see Brady suiting up)
- DAL 55 yard drive before the half to make it 27-7 (but it doesn't even feel THAT close)

If you've ever played a sport, you know this feeling, like it just isn't your day. You aren't going to give up, but it ain't looking good. There's a mental price that's paid at that moment. Not saying it's right and I dang sure am not making excuses for them.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Sorry Pal you’re just wrong! If Dak is our QB he will choke in the playoffs, just like he’s done every year during his 8 seasons as a Cowboy! I wish he would prove me wrong but this was the year he should have made it happen, 2 home playoff games & then who knows? But what happened, he choked AGAIN!!! As did the rest of the team! Fire McCarthy & after next season, cut Dak lose! Time to start over!!!
The GB offense could've put up 50 had they wanted to. Dak played bad. The defense played worse.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
If you think it's one game you're out too lunch. It's fans like you that are the reason nothing will ever improve.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
You’re correct, one game does not a career make. But WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT ONE GAME, ARE WE! Everyone in life has a breaking point or a choking point, call it what you may but most athletes have one. For the weekend golf hacker it may be a $20 Nassau vs. a $5 one. It’s only best of the best players who seem not to have a choking point but instead feed off of the additional pressure! Jordan, Kobe, Brady, Elway, Manning, Aikmen, Staubach etc., etc. Dak unfortunately has very seldom played well in big games & there have been plenty of opportunities! Just this season alone against tougher opponents (Niners, Philly, Lions & now the Packers he has for lack of a better word, CHOKED! And no, it’s not just Dak’s fault but he is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys who now has a 2 - 5 playoff record in 8 seasons which speaks for itself! So if not now when will Dak get out of his own head and have the killer instinct it takes to go beyond the regular season? I’ve said it before in past posts and I’ll say it again with no joy in stating it that Dak just doesn’t have IT! I wish someday he would prove me wrong!
Really, enough with the Dak Dak Dak. There are 21 other players out there, 11 on the D side of the ball who couldn't stop anything.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
all because the loser of loser's Quinn decided to go zone when we have had good success at man...we got so shredded because of it...finally when they got

their heads out of their rears and even after packers put in good players and we started scoring which we should have done from beginning it all had to do

with allowing team to play instead of handcuffing them with putrid coaching....would not surprise me if both DC and OC and HC were paid off to take

the fall????....never again any encouragment toward these losers
The most bewildering part of the game plan. Like, what...are...you...doing??