I understand the frustration, but one game does not a career make or break

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
WHAT??? We haven’t won a Title or played for one in 28 seasons!! This isn’t a “sometimes situation” and it sure as heck isn’t acceptable for a sports franchise that is worth more $$ today than any other franchise in all of sport!
Sounds like you need another session

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
First, the game:

Offense; What offense? The entire play calling philosophy was bewildering. GB stacked the box, we ran the ball. 4 rushers, we passed. No rhythm, no rhyme. No doubt Dak played poorly, but the play calling was absolutely atrocious. I have NO IDEA why MM would get away from what has worked best at home all year. I had my brother on the phone from our first snap and was screaming at him (he’s my little brother, even though he’s 59. It was all his fault).

Defense: Even if Dak had played an average - not all-time great - game, we weren’t going to win that game. The defense was an abomination. I’m not sure if Dak had played great we could’ve won. It would’ve taken an excellent game from the offense to even have given us a chance. I don’t think that would’ve been enough, but who knows. WHY WERE WE PLAYING SO MUCH ZONE WHEN M-T-M IS WHEN WE’VE HAD THE GREATEST SUCCESS THIS YEAR?!?!?!

Coaching: I mean, please. We were thoroughly out-coached. Their water boy probably handed out fluid like an all-pro. Ours probably fumbled the Gatorade. Good lord…..

Stil……

I understand the frustration, but one game does not a career make or break. Yeah, I know we were boat raced by good teams this season, but I also saw top-tier play in many, many games this year. It’s not the players, it’s the consistency and getting the players ready for big games. Call it whatever you want: discipline, toughness….idk. Whatever it is, we don’t have it.

What to do:

No idea. Fire the coaches? Quinn was no better than MM, so he isn’t the answer. A dude like Harbaugh? He’d be okay for about 3 years, then he seems to wear out his welcome regardless of success. I’m convinced the offense is there. I’m not convinced the defense is. Parsons was a no-show….again. Something can bring out the best in him consistently, but whatever that something is doesn’t exist on the team right now.

Better luck next time, I guess.
Its not about this one game. It's about all play off "performances" we have seen over the last couple of years. Yes we beat Tampa, but in hindsight, were they on their way out already?

No, it's not about this game. It's the story of this team and that's why we need immediate change. Simply because there WAS enough time for this team to show they can do it. We're not talking about erratic actions here, but way overdue measures.

Imo the front office just has to have a plan on their desk in case a quick play off exit happens. But they don't. Eyes closed and hope for the best, that's what they have been doing for 8 years now. Brave enough to switch coaches and coordinators and add 2nd grade players, but not willing enough to rip out the core and start over. And that's why we have been wasting time ever since Romo.

GORICO

Reaction score
Lol. Fans don't factor into winning or losing at all.
thanks lovingitAll---some people need someone to blame....i went on a tirade.....blaming all the coaches....i am pretty sure they dont either know why team comes

out flat some games not others....was listening to this one youtuber....why did Quinn keep such a light linebacker box?...once they got past the line and as game

wore on we dont have the beef to sustain hits all the time...now you are open for run and pass....our style only works if we jump out to a good lead....it willl be

interesting how Packers play 9ers...if 9ers crush em...then we know we are to blame...but regardless we saw how flat we came out and played and no excuses

for that in a playoff game....NONE....that has to fall 100% on coaches...sure every team will be off a game or two regular season but not playoff time....then we

saw the Sheagles....they are a mess worse than us....i also think season too long....and good teams will budget for that....rooting Packers pull off upset 9ers;)

khiladi

Reaction score
LOL., one game

just another scapegoating anybody other than Dak and “Dak wasn’t to blame”, because I defended him for 8 years hard as hell.. so now it’s Quinn and the defense, even though Dak did Jack squat the last 2 years while the defense kept giving him TOs to work with. The defense led the league in TOs the last two years, before this year and without them the offense jumps down around 5 spots in terms of scoring offense and this year Bland set the record for INTs returned for a TD.

How many times you got to cycle the excuses for the one constant that consistently blows?

When Dak is asked to do too much, he throws pick 6s.

Baker Mayfield just lit up the same Eagles team we beat twice and has NEVER been coddled like Dak has and has learned multiple offensive systems and coaches. This is without getting into the fact their defense was garbage and I told you guys it was and these wins against the Eagles are meaningless as far as indicating anything about Dak. We beat up on garbage defense are least 6 times a year to pad out offensive stats and here we are blaming Quinn and the defense.

Last edited:

GORICO

Reaction score
The GB offense could've put up 50 had they wanted to. Dak played bad. The defense played worse.
i was thinking...i bet our 3rd stringer QB gets a ton of development...i mean Love was not very good his first 8 games...below 55% pass percentage and poor

TD to INT ratio....then boom he took off....Shannahan said he does not believe Trey Lance was given enough time to develop???...who knows we may have

a guy better than Love on our team and it aint Dak?

nobody

Reaction score
They do in a roundabout way. If fans said "That's enough" and actually stopped going to games and putting money in Jerry's pocket, he'd be forced to do things differently. He's the main problem being the one that perpetuates the losing culture. Fan outrage is what forced Jerry's hand to fire Garrett.

If Jerry is forced to do things differently, we might see a better culture, and better coaching and accountability, leading to less losing in critical moments and likely more winning. As it stands, fans are continuously putting money in Jerry's pocket and letting him to everything he wants because he feels they endorse it. Anyone not calling for several players (including Dak) to be shown the door and then following up with boycotting are tacitly supporting how things work now. Jerry loves those fans. They let him get away with anything.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jordan Love STEPPED UP against this defense and wasn’t intimidated at all, while Dak sucked like usual. How many times you Dak fanboys not going to give Love credit? The guy has been on an absolute tear. The guy threw 3 TDS against the Chiefs and 0 picks and has an 18-1 TD to INT ratio in the last 8 games before this game and now it’s 21-1 after playing us. You don’t think he saw any heavy man defenses during this stretch. His TD pass was an absolute dime with a free rusher in his face. Look at how he had to adjust his angle after cocking his wrist back once and then firing off the ball with a flick his wrist again hitting the WR in stride.

“Dak played bad. The defense played worse” is just a smokescreen to take the focus off Dak. Like I said, Dak fanboys are going to consistently cycle the excuses for him. Once the OL starts deteriorating while “training Dak”, you’ll blame the OL. Once the defense is no longer number 1, but still top 5, you’ll Blake the defense, while we are in year 8 of the QB experiment with the “new”, Texas toast offense in reality, an offense that couldn’t get into the red zone the first half of the season, then relied on the gimmick of Dak taking off quickly and force feeding the ball to CeeDee Lamb when we played good defenses, sucked offensively relying on the refs to beat Detroit while sucking it up against Miami and the Bills.
And once again Dak blows against GB.

Dallas needs to restock at OL too, because Tyron Smith is at the end of his career and Martin is now at the tail end of his prime. If you extend Dak, with the cycle of restocking happening again, it’s going to be a waste.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Defense: Even if Dak had played an average - not all-time great - game, we weren’t going to win that game. The defense was an abomination. I’m not sure if Dak had played great we could’ve won. It would’ve taken an excellent game from the offense to even have given us a chance. I don’t think that would’ve been enough, but who knows.
That post is 'Dead Cat' ting the situation. Just because the Defense awful (which is on DQ for some reason playing a zonal defense when we traditionally have played man), this exclude the Offense and Dak in particular. The Offense went Punt/Int/Punt/Int. If Dak hadnt played so badly in the 1st Q then we'd still be in the game and GB wouldnt be able to run at will (which created even more space in the secondary).

The scapegoat for the Defense is Quinn for the zonal approach, but Dak's lack of composure (not the first time ....when trailing by more than a score) is the main reason that we couldnt stay in the game.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That post is 'Dead Cat' ting the situation. Just because the Defense awful (which is on DQ for some reason playing a zonal defense when we traditionally have played man), this exclude the Offense and Dak in particular. The Offense went Punt/Int/Punt/Int. If Dak hadnt played so badly in the 1st Q then we'd still be in the game and GB wouldnt be able to run at will (which created even more space in the secondary).

The scapegoat for the Defense is Quinn for the zonal approach, but Dak's lack of composure (not the first time ....when trailing by more than a score) is the main reason that we couldnt stay in the game.
That's what I say. People want to blame the defense...okay sure.

But Dak and his offense super exposed the d and continued to do it until it was too late. A couple scores and skip the pick 6's >>> GB can;t just waltz around, it's a different game.

khiladi

Reaction score

“But their main issue was one that has festered through multiple staffs at this point. The Cowboys simply cannot figure out how to remain disciplined when teams utilize pre-snap motion or “Sniffers” running across the formation behind the line of scrimmage.

There were open receivers, tight ends, and rushing lanes everywhere.”

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/dallas-defense-devolves-in-drubbing-dan-quinn-distracted-2024/

It’s actually not true that going zone is a head scratcher for Quinn. They went heavy zone against the Dolphins. In 2022, only the Texans played more cover 2 than the Cowboys, the previous year they were primarily a cover 1. Plus, he hardly blitzed.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/dan-quinn-dallas-cowboys-defense-micah-parsons/

Hadenough

Reaction score
Been saying it for years and will continue....NO DEFENSE!! NO RINGS!! Don't care who you put at quarterback.
Did you notice how Greenbays bad defense balled out! Could this be because Jordon Love elevates the players around him with his play?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/dallas-defense-devolves-in-drubbing-dan-quinn-distracted-2024/

It’s actually not true that going zone is a head scratcher for Quinn. They went heavy zone against the Dolphins. In 2022, only the Texans played more cover 2 than the Cowboys, the previous year they were primarily a cover 1. Plus, he hardly blitzed.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/dan-quinn-dallas-cowboys-defense-micah-parsons/
I could make an argument that Love's mobility in the pocket, extending plays (even by a second) and ability to throw off balance would negate our pass-rush and Quinn's plan was that by playing zone at least we had (in theory) the cover. This is the example of a Defense having to overcome the specific QB.

The problem in Dak's case (here it come again)....the Jimmie Ward quote is relevant time and time again, Dak's weakness is widely known.

visionary

Reaction score
You guys are completely blind

To me Quinn and Dak have to go and this is non negotiable. This is not “one game”, this guy has THE WORST playoff record of any QB starting 5 or more playoff games. Open your eyes

I would also fire Mccarthy

Hire Harbaugh, BB or Vrabel

LovinItAll

Reaction score

I'm not scapegoating DQ. Not only did Dak play poorly, the offensive game plan itself was terrible. I was screaming on the phone about the play calling long before the game was out of hand.

Unlike many here, I've never claimed to have the answers when we don't succeed. I never played or coached in the NFL, so anything I say is just a guess. It seems like when Dak has played well, there was timing and rhythm not just with Dak, but with the entire offense - including the play calling - that just didn't exist in this game. It's inexplicable.

wssaustin

Reaction score
7 of those points were on Dak. 3 TDs were on the D. Changes the entire offensive game plan and makes playing D against us MUCH easier.
14 were on Dak, he threw a pick that gave GB very short yardage. Also he took a sack that kept us out of FG range.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL., one game

just another scapegoating anybody other than Dak and “Dak wasn’t to blame”, because I defended him for 8 years hard as hell.. so now it’s Quinn and the defense, even though Dak did Jack squat the last 2 years while the defense kept giving him TOs to work with. The defense led the league in TOs the last two years, before this year and without them the offense jumps down around 5 spots in terms of scoring offense and this year Bland set the record for INTs returned for a TD.

How many times you got to cycle the excuses for the one constant that consistently blows?

When Dak is asked to do too much, he throws pick 6s.

Baker Mayfield just lit up the same Eagles team we beat twice and has NEVER been coddled like Dak has and has learned multiple offensive systems and coaches. This is without getting into the fact their defense was garbage and I told you guys it was and these wins against the Eagles are meaningless as far as indicating anything about Dak. We beat up on garbage defense are least 6 times a year to pad out offensive stats and here we are blaming Quinn and the defense.
The haters are really out in force as they always are after a win.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I'm not scapegoating DQ. Not only did Dak play poorly, the offensive game plan itself was terrible. I was screaming on the phone about the play calling long before the game was out of hand.

Unlike many here, I've never claimed to have the answers when we don't succeed. I never played or coached in the NFL, so anything I say is just a guess. It seems like when Dak has played well, there was timing and rhythm not just with Dak, but with the entire offense - including the play calling - that just didn't exist in this game. It's inexplicable.
You are deflecting again (apportioning blame to 'play calling' and 'entire offense').
The repeated issue (you conveniently implied it was a one off) is that Dak can't perform in the most intense situations...games when we trail and late game comebacks.
It's 'inexplicable' only if you don't accept that Dak crumbles in clutch, high pressure moments.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
This is false. Fans can put pressure on ownership by not giving them money. If ownership feels pressure they will make changes. Those changes will impact winning/losing.

khiladi

Reaction score
The haters are really out in force as they always are after a win.
We all knew it comes down to the playoffs, when we play in such a garbage division. The regular season stats mean nothing.