I want to support Dak, but not until he wins something

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Getting tired of people saying “Dak haters” like that’s even a thing are trolls or Eagles fans. We aren’t haters. Look. I just want Dak to win something! I’ve seen the glory years of these Cowboys and my bar is high. I want to support Dak, but he fumbles it time and time again. It’s been eight seasons. Win a damn Super Bowl already or at least i don’t know make it to the dang nfccg? Almost thirty years of failure after failure. If the Cowboys make it to the nfccg this year and Dak shows up? I’ll change my tune on Dak! Until then the criticism will continue! My words don’t hurt Dak so why do opinions bother people so much?
Poor timing. He's playing well and it's GameDay. Can we focus on TODAY and worry about the playoffs when or if they happen

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rockport...:muttley:, I didn't think that he would just fess up to not caring.:starspin::thumbup:

Just ask him how many years he filed income taxes for over $100,000 cashing in on retirement funds...first from the military and second postal.
hieroglyphs.jpg

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I totally agree and do believe ultimately the qb either finds a way or he doesn't. They are all judged by what they do in the playoffs, fair or not.

That doesn't mean I'll pin a loss on him when he plays excellent football. It only means he was unable to get the team a win. It doesn't make him the cause of the loss.
So you think dilfer is better than marino?

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is not an individual sport like bowling, poker or billiards. But hey, whatever delusional reason you need to hate on a player, be my guest.
Yes, you are a hater. But it's okay, just don't celebrate when the team is successful. Keep the same energy during wins.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Dak Prescott sucks. He's a fraud franchise QB who needs to be carried rather doing the carrying.

If that's tough to swallow try taking it with applesauce.
tell us how you really feel about prescott. i like prescott and then again he just really makes me angry and i really hate him like last week and not scoring when he had first and goal at the six. most star qbs score a touchdown in that situation.

Brax

Reaction score
I’ve been more in the middle on our QB. I think he could be enough if provided enough supporting cast. But I don’t understand not supporting him until he wins or plays for a championship.

I understand not wanting to place him on a pedestal or elite category until the team has more success but why wouldn’t we support him as Cowboy fans?

Does that mean you aren’t rooting for us to have success until he wins a championship. Words are important . And this is only reason I responded because this message comes off like you only support our team and players if we win championships.
You’ve been around longer than most as a cowboys fan and understand the the QBs in Dallas who doesn’t win big are disliked going back to DM. Most fan bases are like that, what Dak gets is love compared to what Dan Pastorini and others have gone through. It’s nothing new and critics of Dak will not change until he changes their view by winning meaningful games. Most all supported the move to Dak in 2016 and 2017 views changed with poor performance and 2018 didn’t help much. Win games get to the SB and views will change, simple as that. Excuses only go so far and get old fast.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You don't even know what you post...and East went west... :popcorn:

Yaw get a room...and party. You are a fan - bogus butt... while in my view.

Who really cares your sucking in a negative reference? Let's see how many really support your view of team...sign up below! :popcorn:

Couldn't even relate to services... except for how he could assume benefit from another's sacrifices for his good as well. Just for the record, that is a coward's path. Not the path that Jerry and the Cowboys walk down now as well!!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Getting tired of people saying “Dak haters” like that’s even a thing are trolls or Eagles fans. We aren’t haters. Look. I just want Dak to win something! I’ve seen the glory years of these Cowboys and my bar is high. I want to support Dak, but he fumbles it time and time again. It’s been eight seasons. Win a damn Super Bowl already or at least i don’t know make it to the dang nfccg? Almost thirty years of failure after failure. If the Cowboys make it to the nfccg this year and Dak shows up? I’ll change my tune on Dak! Until then the criticism will continue! My words don’t hurt Dak so why do opinions bother people so much?
Do you support other position players who are the best we’ve got but haven’t won anything?
Dak is the best QB we have by miles; it’s not his fault. If Dallas replaced him by someone else who was clearly better, I wouldn’t complain at all. Biadasz is our best Center, but he’s not great. LVE is our best true LB, but he’s no stud. I don’t understand why Cowboys fans can’t support their best QB who gives his all to the team and does it all with class. You can support a Cowboys player and still wish the team could upgrade.

I feel too many fans misplace their dislike for the owner/gm/front office and place ridiculous criticism and lack of support for the only QB they have. I’ve already seen one comment here that Dak sucks, which is clearly just a stupid trolling comment that no one who knows anything about football would say.

It‘s okay to say, I wish we had one of the 3-4 best QBs in the league because we don’t and that would make us better, but still support the player who is representing the Cowboys. Anything else is just illogical.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Dak Prescott sucks. He's a fraud franchise QB who needs to be carried rather doing the carrying.

If that's tough to swallow try taking it with applesauce.
Sorry, but that just seems like stupid verbiage. Lazy and yes, trying to stir something up. You know Dak doesn’t suck. You wish we had a better QB that helps us win more, but you know he doesn’t suck. You just like saying it. If even one word of what you posted was true, then we would have to say that 3-4ths of the starting QBs in the NFL suck, are frauds, and need to be carried. Their fans support them and pull for them while waiting on their front offices to eventually find someone else. Only Cowboys fans seem unable to support their starting players unless they are all pros.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
just what was needed, another Dak thread

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You’ve been around longer than most as a cowboys fan and understand the the QBs in Dallas who doesn’t win big are disliked going back to DM. Most fan bases are like that, what Dak gets is love compared to what Dan Pastorini and others have gone through. It’s nothing new and critics of Dak will not change until he changes their view by winning meaningful games. Most all supported the move to Dak in 2016 and 2017 views changed with poor performance and 2018 didn’t help much. Win games get to the SB and views will change, simple as that. Excuses only go so far and get old fast.
Yes, there was a segment who were hard on Merideth, Morton and White- good QB’s who led us to the brink but didn’t lead us to a championship .

But they were not hated or bashed like we have Romo and Prescott. In fact we enshrined Meredith into the Ring of Honor.

Fans that only recognize or relating winning championships to a good or great QB are really shallow minded . There are many good and great QB’s in the NFL who don’t win championships.

Im not sure if it’s media driven with fans this era but my era fans who understood and appreciated the game didn’t always translate that you had to win championships to be a good or great player.

Brax

Reaction score
Yes, there was a segment who were hard on Merideth, Morton and White- good QB’s who led us to the brink but didn’t lead us to a championship .

But they were not hated or bashed like we have Romo and Prescott. In fact we enshrined Meredith into the Ring of Honor.

Fans that only recognize or relating winning championships to a good or great QB are really shallow minded . There are many good and great QB’s in the NFL who don’t win championships.

Im not sure if it’s media driven with fans this era but my era fans who understood and appreciated the game didn’t always translate that you had to win championships to be a good or great player.
Today it’s social media and talking heads 24/7/365 that drives a lot of it. As for the QBs you mentioned you were at games and saw the papers it was hard on them but these QBs took the team to CCGs a little different

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Who really cares your sucking in a negative reference? Let's see how many really support your view of team...sign up below! :popcorn:

Couldn't even relate to services... except for how he could assume benefit from another's sacrifices for his good as well. Just for the record, that is a coward's path. Not the path that Jerry and the Cowboys walk down now as well!!
It's like you're in a foreign country and someone's Sam Kinisoning you.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
good post

jwitten82

Reaction score

Wth? We get it, you served in the military. Don't make it your whole personality

CCBoy

Reaction score
It's like you're in a foreign country and someone's Sam Kinisoning you.
Then you are too arrogantly stupid...talk football and not just your view of ownership of all relevant facts about the Cowboys...you NEVER come clean or show due respect...prove the world is square and fall off. :popcorn: :thumbdown:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He didn't offer that comparison...you did.

Glad the Rangers won the World Series?
Actually he did. Because he said that's how they are judged. But when you are in the midst of it you have to make choices. Hindsight is 20/20.

Glad Rangers won? Yeah. I like american league but I am a Yankees fan.....yeah yeah yeah. I know :rolleyes:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Today it’s social media and talking heads 24/7/365 that drives a lot of it. As for the QBs you mentioned you were at games and saw the papers it was hard on them but these QBs took the team to CCGs a little different
That era we also didn’t have an owner who undermined our coaching staff either.

We lost to some great teams back then like the 60’s Packers and 70’s Steelers. No shame in losing to greater teams.

What’s sad about this era is fans attach greatness to only winning championships which is more of a team accomplishment that ranking or rating individuals .

Many of the popular players and greatest didn’t win championships around the league. It’s why we have the HOF and ROH to recognize great individual talent.

The problem at least for Cowboys fans is they want to attach greatness to winning . But we didn’t early on in Cowboys history as Meredith and Perkins were first to be inducted who didn’t win championships.

And this era is going to have HOF and ROH Cowboys without winning a championship here. We just inducted one in Ware. Witten should be next. We will have more to come.