I want to support Dak, but not until he wins something

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
Getting tired of people saying “Dak haters” like that’s even a thing are trolls or Eagles fans. We aren’t haters. Look. I just want Dak to win something! I’ve seen the glory years of these Cowboys and my bar is high. I want to support Dak, but he fumbles it time and time again. It’s been eight seasons. Win a damn Super Bowl already or at least i don’t know make it to the dang nfccg? Almost thirty years of failure after failure. If the Cowboys make it to the nfccg this year and Dak shows up? I’ll change my tune on Dak! Until then the criticism will continue! My words don’t hurt Dak so why do opinions bother people so much?

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
This thread serves no purpose other than to troll and say “look at me” And especially on game day and when Dak has been playing well. Stick your criticism where the sun don’t shine. Go Cowboys
I’m allowed an opinion and shouldn’t be mocked for it. Dak doesn’t care if we criticize him so why do people need to defend him like we are attacking him personally? Nobody here kicked his dog. We are just creating talking points on what he brings as a QB!

Jarntt

Reaction score
I’m allowed an opinion and shouldn’t be mocked for it. Dak doesn’t care if we criticize him so why do people need to defend him like we are attacking him personally? Nobody here kicked his dog. We are just creating talking points on what he brings as a QB!
I’m not defending him, I’m calling you a troll. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Getting tired of people saying “Dak haters” like that’s even a thing are trolls or Eagles fans. We aren’t haters. Look. I just want Dak to win something! I’ve seen the glory years of these Cowboys and my bar is high. I want to support Dak, but he fumbles it time and time again. It’s been eight seasons. Win a damn Super Bowl already or at least i don’t know make it to the dang nfccg? Almost thirty years of failure after failure. If the Cowboys make it to the nfccg this year and Dak shows up? I’ll change my tune on Dak! Until then the criticism will continue! My words don’t hurt Dak so why do opinions bother people so much?
I’ve been more in the middle on our QB. I think he could be enough if provided enough supporting cast. But I don’t understand not supporting him until he wins or plays for a championship.

I understand not wanting to place him on a pedestal or elite category until the team has more success but why wouldn’t we support him as Cowboy fans?

Does that mean you aren’t rooting for us to have success until he wins a championship. Words are important . And this is only reason I responded because this message comes off like you only support our team and players if we win championships.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Several here would clearly kick his dog given the chance.

CWR

Reaction score

It's a team game. If you blamed Dak for the Philly loss you're a hater period.

If you want to see him get us over the hump because ultimately that's the QBs job I completely understand. However, in a game he throws for nearly 400 yards, has 3 tds, no turnovers and still loses you have to have the scope to see he's not the reason we lost. If you can't do that your flat out bias.

Bagman

Reaction score
Congratulations, you don't/won't support Dak until he wins something. That makes you a fair weather fan. A bandwagoner. The worst kind of fan there is. I'd love to see some "fans" posts if Dallas wins it all this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's a team game. If you blamed Dak for the Philly loss you're a hater period.

If you want to see him get us over the hump because ultimately that's the QBs job I completely understand. However, in a game he throws for nearly 400 yards, has 3 tds, no turnovers and still loses you have to have the scope to see he's not the reason we lost. If you can't do that your flat out bias.
No doubt Dak was enough to win that game. And without him we had no chance. His stats are enough . But it would certainly support his cause if he could pull out a big win in one of these type games.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah, it's comical. Why does it hurt these guys if you like dak or don't? who cares

Motorola

Reaction score
This thread serves no purpose other than to troll and say “look at me” And especially on game day and when Dak has been playing well. Stick your criticism where the sun don’t shine. Go Cowboys
Add this creation to his 'Giants will out for blood' and 'Don't worry. Cowboys are beating the Giants' pieces, "Fever" has completed his trolling thread trifecta.
Time to put this guy on the shelf.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
so you will only support a cowboy if they win something. so in the past 28 years you haven't supported any cowboys? and you call yourself a cowboys fan?

and win a Damn superbowl already? really? 31 other teams say the same thing every year.

you can disagree about how good he is, where he ranks, etc. but you can still support a cowboys players. you are confusing things.
if you are not supporting and cheering for all of the cowboys players, then I question you as a cowboys fan. I have said it many time, I don't think Dak is elite. he will never be elite. that doesn't mean I don't supprot him.
Marino never won anything, but doesn't mean I wouldn't have wanted him on my team. his team's weren't good enough, unless you are going to tell me a HOF QB sucked.
Dilfer won something, he didn't do it. his team did it, he went along for the ride.

point being it takes a team to win and there are contributors at different positions and level. Hurts is not elite, yet his team made it to the superbowl, its just that he had the right team around him. the right coaches around him

and you said it. and I repeat it again. 30 years. its your frustration. but Dak has been here for 8 years. what about the other 22. which leads us to the root cause of all of this, which is Jerry Jones. we can't overcome Jerry jones, thus everyone puts all their hopes or anger on one player. in this case, its Dak. Prior to that was Romo and so on.

75boyz

Reaction score
I separate "rooting" for my team and "believing" what will happen with certain players/coaches into 2 distinct categories.

I will ALWAYS "root" for my Cowboys regardless of who holds the GM, HC and QB1 positions.

While I also "believe" that this team will never win a trophy because of the current 3 position holders I mentioned.

Cowboys!

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
No doubt Dak was enough to win that game. And without him we had no chance. His stats are enough . But it would certainly support his cause if he could pull out a big win in one of these type games.

I totally agree and do believe ultimately the qb either finds a way or he doesn't. They are all judged by what they do in the playoffs, fair or not.

That doesn't mean I'll pin a loss on him when he plays excellent football. It only means he was unable to get the team a win. It doesn't make him the cause of the loss.