I want to support Dak, but not until he wins something

Hardline

Reaction score
This thread serves no purpose other than to troll and say “look at me” And especially on game day and when Dak has been playing well. Stick your criticism where the sun don’t shine. Go Cowboys
What did he say that was wrong?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No, that's not my point. There is more to an honest assessment. I also never said it was fair, but it's very rare to find an all time great who hasn't gone the distance. Most of them have and it's a part of their legacy, their greatness.

Of course there are lighting in a bottle type guys who make a run, like Dilfer, Flacco, Foles etc. Those guys are also pretty rare and no one is going to put them as all time greats.
its harder to find an all time great. Dak is not an all time great. Dak is not elite. so why the insistance to keep proving he is not elite by pointing out some of his mistakes. the non-elites, the non-all time greats make mistakes.

and Dilfer wasn't lighting in the bottle. he was lucky to be on the greatest defensive team ever. right place. right time. I could have won a championship with that team.

Flacco was good, but he has a GREAT team around him and a great defense to lean on and a superb rushing attack.

foles, can be looked at lightning in the bottle. so could hostetler. they just played above their heads on a good team and just caught lightning as you said, and then faded away.

CWR

Reaction score
its harder to find an all time great. Dak is not an all time great. Dak is not elite. so why the insistance to keep proving he is not elite by pointing out some of his mistakes. the non-elites, the non-all time greats make mistakes.

and Dilfer wasn't lighting in the bottle. he was lucky to be on the greatest defensive team ever. right place. right time. I could have won a championship with that team.

Flacco was good, but he has a GREAT team around him and a great defense to lean on and a superb rushing attack.

foles, can be looked at lightning in the bottle. so could hostetler. they just played above their heads on a good team and just caught lightning as you said, and then faded away.

Agreed on all. I'm not one of those. Btw Dak has been as elite as anyone in the league for the last month. I dont make the rules buddy. I'm only pointing out that's how it is, qbs are held to that standard fair or not.

It's the same reason they crapped all over Romo and even Dirk prior to winning an NBA championship.

Fans are wild in that way.

Hardline

Reaction score
Quinn Ewers or Bo Nix would look great in a Cowboys uniform.

rambo2

Reaction score
Quinn Ewers or Bo Nix would look great in a Cowboys uniform.
Ewers? That's a Longshot. Bo Nix is looking good and so is the LSU qb. Another one that looks real good is Dak Prescott.

T-RO

Reaction score
Supporting someone *after* they win a title...or give us exactly what we want as a puppet or tool....isn't any support at all.

That's just what they call: a party.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Dak is a menacing DT, thumper of a LB, and a bowling ball RB away from being elite.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We all support Dak and want him to win. That doesn’t mean we would bet the farm on it or have the opinion that such is likely.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Dak is like Damar Hamlin. He already won — the game of life.

Some of y'all are just too busy hating yours to give him his due propers.

Dakota

Reaction score
Getting tired of people saying “Dak haters” like that’s even a thing are trolls or Eagles fans. We aren’t haters. Look. I just want Dak to win something! I’ve seen the glory years of these Cowboys and my bar is high. I want to support Dak, but he fumbles it time and time again. It’s been eight seasons. Win a damn Super Bowl already or at least i don’t know make it to the dang nfccg? Almost thirty years of failure after failure. If the Cowboys make it to the nfccg this year and Dak shows up? I’ll change my tune on Dak! Until then the criticism will continue! My words don’t hurt Dak so why do opinions bother people so much?
Does the Pro Bowl count?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Getting tired of people saying “Dak haters” like that’s even a thing are trolls or Eagles fans. We aren’t haters. Look. I just want Dak to win something! I’ve seen the glory years of these Cowboys and my bar is high. I want to support Dak, but he fumbles it time and time again. It’s been eight seasons. Win a damn Super Bowl already or at least i don’t know make it to the dang nfccg? Almost thirty years of failure after failure. If the Cowboys make it to the nfccg this year and Dak shows up? I’ll change my tune on Dak! Until then the criticism will continue! My words don’t hurt Dak so why do opinions bother people so much?
So you have not supported a QB since Troy Aikman .......... good for you.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I just want Dak to win something!
Quarterbacks don't win by themselves. Even Tom Brady had Gronkowski, Edelman, and others on offense. Had a powerhouse defense many years. Played in the NFL's weakest division for nearly all his career. Had the tuck rule invented for him to make up for his mistakes. Had footballs deflated so he had advantages in gripping the football.

Did you not notice Dak led the entire NFL in td passes this year? People called him an "interception machine" last year and promised more of the same this year, but guess what? Cut them nearly in half, more than in half if you look at number of ints vs. passing attempts.

No, he's not perfect, but NO quarterback should have to "carry his team", it's a TEAM sport. EVERY SB winning quarterback had an excellent team around him, most with a terrific defense as well. Dak has played more than well enough to win a SB, that's why he should get support from his fans. Does he need to play better in playoff games? Yessir, he should. He's had his share of mistakes.

IF Dallas wins the SB this year, or any year with Dak as the starter, he still won't have "won", there are many other players who will have had a part in it as well.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Getting tired of people saying “Dak haters” like that’s even a thing are trolls or Eagles fans. We aren’t haters. Look. I just want Dak to win something! I’ve seen the glory years of these Cowboys and my bar is high. I want to support Dak, but he fumbles it time and time again. It’s been eight seasons. Win a damn Super Bowl already or at least i don’t know make it to the dang nfccg? Almost thirty years of failure after failure. If the Cowboys make it to the nfccg this year and Dak shows up? I’ll change my tune on Dak! Until then the criticism will continue! My words don’t hurt Dak so why do opinions bother people so much.
Dak doesn't need your support. Frankly, no one cares if you don't support him.