I Was A Big Zeke Supporter, But This Flying Back To Cabo Is Last Straw. Trade Him

tunahelper

Reaction score
I have defended Zeke on this board, argued he is the best RB back in the league, argued that he cant just be replaced by a rookie, and even agreed that he needed to be paid "Gurley money".

However, this latest stunt of going back to Cabo after coming back to Dallas for a single day, and claiming that he is disrespected by Jerry, is just enough. Its obvious that Zeke cares about nobody and nothing but $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Look, I have been one of Jerry's biggest critics on this board, but the man bent over backwards to help Zeke out. Went to war with the Commish, had to repay the league millions of dollars out of his own pocket to cover their legal bills, and probably affected the officiating we got on the field (9 games without a hold call ring a bell). And this is how Zeke repays Jerry for going to bat for him? Hold out, fly to Cabo, issue demands left and right, and then get butt hurt over a joke.

That's it fellas, I'm done with the POS...…..trade his arse to Buffalo or some other NFL wasteland.

This is a players union problem and they should weigh in on it. The rookie salary cap was put into place, so more money could be directed towards veteran players. Owners were paying escalating salaries to rookies and the veterans salaries were being inappropriately affected.

If you start negotiating rookie deals it will change the financial system that all parties agreed upon. Elliott has to bend here in my opinion.

aria

Reaction score
I’m surprised it took some of you this long to see through this tool. Ever since college he’s been known to be a selfish, entitled, punk diva. Guy kept getting pass after pass and excuse after excuse, it’s not until now (when he essentially turns his back on Jerry and his team) that some of you stopped supporting him.

I guess all I can say is congratulations, I just hope that after Jerry signs him and he does something else stupid that you actually hold him accountable instead of blaming it on the league and everyone but him.

As I’ve said, I’ll cheer for him on game day but outside of that I couldn’t care less what happens to him. The guy is lower than whale excrement.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't really have an issue where he is at this point. If he's working out in Cabo and staying in shape, no big deal to me.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Let zeke relax , enjoy cabo … his talent is being wasted by garrett anyway .

Most of zekes yards are yac anyway , so you know Garrett's playbook is trash .

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’m surprised it took some of you this long to see through this tool. Ever since college he’s been known to be a selfish, entitled, punk diva. Guy kept getting pass after pass and excuse after excuse, it’s not until now (when he essentially turns his back on Jerry and his team) that some of you stopped supporting him.

I guess all I can say is congratulations, I just hope that after Jerry signs him and he does something else stupid that you actually hold him accountable instead of blaming it on the league and everyone but him.

As I’ve said, I’ll cheer for him on game day but outside of that I couldn’t care less what happens to him. The guy is lower than whale excrement.

A "selfish, entitled punk diva" who is "lower than whale excrement" doesn't step up and pay for the funeral of a 14 year old boy senselessly killed in his home town. He also doesn't respond to nonsense over his Salavation Army TD celebration by writing a check for $21,000 to the Salvation Army.

Like hate, hate Zeke, that's your prerogative as a fan. But the vitriol and personal attacks I see out of some folks here tells me a lot more about their character than it does about Zeke.

aria

Reaction score
Emotions, nothing but it emotions. :rolleyes:

Sometimes, in business, you just have to let things ride out. Patience.
But Zeke is the most emotional one out of everyone. His ego and feelings are causing him to sit out and take his dolly and fly to Cabo because he wants to be the highest paid in the league, not because he’s hurting for money or wasn’t offered a top 3 contract (allegedly).

Blackrain

Reaction score
"Feed me boy" has now gone into "Pay me boy" mode !!!!
And on top of that he said Jerry disrespected him??
I think he thinks he is not only the greatest RB ever, but also the Greatest Human ever!!! :grin: He should be King Elliot!! King of the whole world with everyone
bowing to him and telling him he is the greatest human to ever walk the earth.
What I wonder is will Jerry eventually bow to him??

Nope time to make an example before this sets a precedent and the inmates start running the asylum . The owners need to get a handle on this crap before it totally ruins the game .

Leaving these players sit till they have no career left will solve this problem . Pigs get slaughtered .

glimmerman

Reaction score
The whole thing with Elliot and his agent being upset over a small joke that JJ made is just crazy. He even said he was joking and said they want Pollard to compliment Elliot.

Starting to wonder if we are going to get a contract done. I think gurly was over paid and SJ opened his mouth and said he had that set aside to pay him with. Elliot wants to collect that money early. Guessing if barkley keeps playing at a high level he may get that kind of money.

Not sure if SJ opened his mouth early so Elliot would play nice and finish his 4 years or not. I don’t think the FO expected him to play the 5th year option or under the tag.

Quit playing around and get this contract done.

glimmerman

Reaction score
But Zeke is the most emotional one out of everyone. His ego and feelings are causing him to sit out and take his dolly and fly to Cabo because he wants to be the highest paid in the league, not because he’s hurting for money or wasn’t offered a top 3 contract (allegedly).
I heard bell money was the offer. SJ said gurly. So just make a last and final. Make it gurly money plus a dollar. If he don’t want to take it then start fining him and let him know he will be setting for 2 years unless we find a team that is willing to trade with us.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I'd rather keep three good players than one. Max out and enforce Zeke's fines and penalties and let him sit for the next two years. Use the money on guys that are in camp getting ready for the season like Byron Jones, Amari Cooper, Jaylon Smith etc. Tony Pollard come on down you're the new starting running back for the Dallas Cowboys.
Agreed reward the loyal that are in camp get them signed . Make an example of Zeke as to what happens when a punk kid tries to strong arm a real business man

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Zeke must have dreams of winning the superbowl , under Garrett that's not gonna happen . Its top money or get traded .

aria

Reaction score
A "selfish, entitled punk diva" who is "lower than whale excrement" doesn't step up and pay for the funeral of a 14 year old boy senselessly killed in his home town. He also doesn't respond to nonsense over his Salavation Army TD celebration by writing a check for $21,000 to the Salvation Army.

Like hate, hate Zeke, that's your prerogative as a fan. But the vitriol and personal attacks I see out of some folks here tells me a lot more about their character than it does about Zeke.
I kick puppies on my days off and bully women but I donated $1 to the Boys and Girls Club so I’m a good dude :rolleyes:

Yeah, and the people that support this guy after all of his “incidents” tells me a lot about their character. I can be a mean, nasty, evil SOB that could probably be institutionalized if I put some of my thoughts on paper and while my morals may contradict each other I do have some.

Seeing people support and minimize a guy bullying a security guard, knocking out a DJ, pulling up a womans top in public (whether she did it to herself earlier or not), bullying a woman....all because they rather have a better chance at winning a game tells me quite a bit about them.

And it only confirms that when some of these same people only stop supporting him once he hurts the team. Hilarious!

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I have defended Zeke on this board, argued he is the best RB back in the league, argued that he cant just be replaced by a rookie, and even agreed that he needed to be paid "Gurley money".

However, this latest stunt of going back to Cabo after coming back to Dallas for a single day, and claiming that he is disrespected by Jerry, is just enough. Its obvious that Zeke cares about nobody and nothing but $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Look, I have been one of Jerry's biggest critics on this board, but the man bent over backwards to help Zeke out. Went to war with the Commish, had to repay the league millions of dollars out of his own pocket to cover their legal bills, and probably affected the officiating we got on the field (9 games without a hold call ring a bell). And this is how Zeke repays Jerry for going to bat for him? Hold out, fly to Cabo, issue demands left and right, and then get butt hurt over a joke.

That's it fellas, I'm done with the POS...…..trade his arse to Buffalo or some other NFL wasteland.
meh his business not ours..that was funny but when you were the butt of the joke it was not.. a Plane ride back in a few hours , stop taking this personal when Jerry hasn't paid him, he and Stephen POKING the hornets nests constantly with public comments.. id got o cabo too..first they say in spring Zeke is worth Gurley money andthats where it starts in public, then dont worry he will be back, and then say Pollard can carrry the load, then say Zeke who.

stay the F out of the media with this stuff..Jerry the GM and Stephen the sudo GM should shut their mounts..they created this..forst they lock him down with 5th year option that caused him to say no way and ask for new deal that the ownership said should start at Gurley Money..odd huh expecting what they promised? he has right to ask for new deal after 3 years and he has..why get hurt in practice or PS games..has Bell sees a snap in two years no ..he will game 1 as I suspect something will get done..Jerry go make nice hand zeke 15 and lets move on..

pay him..He will be happy to give you his blood sweat and tears..

you know what I think there ARE FAR TOO MAN ZEKE POSTS..

GIVE IT A REST..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke, if signed will very likely get half the money Dak will eventually get. As you have stated, Zeke is the best (hard to argue against top 3 at the least) in the league at his position. Dak has very good odds to have 2 long term contracts. Zeke will very likely only get 1. If Dak gets hurt and is lost for the year.... His long term prospects are far less grim then an RB going down with a season ending injury. RBs have no choice but to put their bodies through a ton of punishment where with a QB, the objective is to protect him at all costs... yes professional athletes get paid a boat ton. But in respect to context of his peers and other pro players that play the games.... Running backs really get the short end of the stick. A top tier lineman, which is one of 5 positions has greater longevity resulting in greater earning potential compared to an RB in today's NFL.
you wont convince the haters of this common sense.. they just take it personal and cant se e past the true reasons he wants money before he steps back on the turf..

I see it I agrtee and why stay in Dallas with the Media hunting you down at whole foods and sticking mics in your face..thats why hes over there to get AWAY from the SM Frenzy..its circus..

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Zeke is already signed , has 2 years left under contract, as of right now .

Zeke's agent pushed & negotiated this deal , this hold out makes no sense.

Blackrain

Reaction score
This whole situation reeks of if we pay him he will be a business decision maker and screw us . Running backs age in Dog years. He drew first blood holding out. Let him sit and waste his career .

Send the message loyalty is rewarded sign the guys in camp that have been loyal and leave him to squirm with no real leverage