I was not impressed at all last night

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I wasn't impressed with the Jets game either, but I'll gladly take this result over that one.

CWR

Reaction score
????

What does that have to do with anything in my post?
Like I said, maybe find a new hobby if you can’t enjoy watching exciting football games that conclude with us winning by multiple scores.

Not everything is about 25 years blah blah blah. The Cowboys literally owe you nothing.
It’s a game.
Why watch if you can’t enjoy? Do you also listen to bands you don’t like just so you can complain about them when they release a new song?

The game thread last night was awful. Full panic mode in the 2nd quarter with a 3-3 tie.

Reactions: G2

aikemirv

Reaction score
I'm with you, but the second half was good. More importantly, the defense took over the game, which was good to see.

We'll know all we need to know after the Vikings and Patriots. That'll tell us who the Cowboys really are.

Yep. I am with you. It was 9-3 and we pretty much from that point on outscored them 27-9 with stupid penalties and poor Special teams. Not counting the D td at the end.

We'll see how they do the rest of the season. They have to clean it up!

Creeper

Reaction score
Impressed? Yes and no. I did not like the mistakes early in the game or the stupid 15 yard penalties late in the game. Two holding calls on Tyron, one negating a TD was bad too, although that first one looked a little iffy. They got away with a could of calls as well. Overall, it was a sloppy effort. Typical post-bye week for a Garrett coached team.

On the other hand, I like the pressure up front a lot. Yes, it was the Giants but their offensive line is not as bad as it has been in the past. Bennett brings something lacking and that is effort. He is 110% on every down. That inside rush is going to be something to contend with for opposing offensive lines. The offensive line had probably their best game of the year last night and they had a good game against the Eagles too. We should be optimistic about that.

I loved the play of Sean Lee last night too. He showed that all that running around that LVE and Smith have been doing is just noise. Lee brings efficiency to the LB spot. No frills, he just gets to the ball and makes the tackle. Perhaps LVE should sit and watch Lee play for a while. When Lee plays like that the Cowboys defense is way better and they have missed him at times this season. But, he may have gotten hurt again so who knows if he will be available for the next 8 weeks. If he can play, I would play him. He is too good to be sitting on the bench for 75% of the plays.

aria

Reaction score
Wait... they have a decent OL?
@aria has been telling me all week the Giants have the worst OL in the business!
Who's right?
I didn’t say worst, I said one of the worst. I would put them in the bottom 5. Zeitler hasn’t been near the player he has been. Remmers is trash, Halapio is average on a good day. Hernandez is pretty good. Solder is crap, just because he was the highest paid at his position doesn’t make him the best at his position. That is more of an indicator of the stupidity of the Giants GM.

jjktkk

Reaction score
The game started out terribly for the Cowboys, but they persevered and a nice division win on the road. The Giants btw, came to play last night. Tip of the cap to them for playing hard.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Of the other 5 teams that have beaten the Giants this season, only the Pats have beaten them by more points than we did last night. (21 them 19 us). Does that mean none of those 5 teams are 'impressive' either?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I didn’t say worst, I said one of the worst. I would put them in the bottom 5. Zeitler hasn’t been near the player he has been. Remmers is trash, Halapio is average on a good day. Hernandez is pretty good. Solder is crap, just because he was the highest paid at his position doesn’t make him the best at his position. That is more of an indicator of the stupidity of the Giants GM.
I appreciate your response also.
I'm still not sure which way to be swayed, especially after just reading another thread where the OP (@LatinMind ) also said they have a good OL, but this is all food for thought.

gmb1

Reaction score
The penalties and the black cat weren't impressive? :eek:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
A win is a win and they needed it last night. That said it was not a good win at all. The Giants are terrible and that game was up for grabs in the 4th. Bad penalties, Cobb drops, bad turnovers, ST screw ups, and strange play calling was all on display. I will also say I think other than a couple big plays the secondary stunk. Chido is so overrated in these parts. Lewis shouldn’t play over Brown he should play over Chido. I think NE is going to expose these clowns in a couple weeks.

Was anyone impressed with last night?
we win by 19...

Reaction score
Typo. Don’t be a smart azz.
you may find a different posture to responses of your posts will yield better dialog.

certainly wasn't their best outing, not thrilled with the slow start. prime time against a division rival brings more than just the talent on paper. there wasn't a point in the game i felt overly concerned we'd lose. more so just waiting for them to turn it on, which they did and in bigger fashion than expected.

all in all i am pleased, especially with a win and remaining undefeated against our division.

i'm pretty sure the team is aware of their slow starts, Dak even mentioned in post game interview. you could def see the impact of Bennett, he will help on the rough stretch we have coming.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
A win is a win and they needed it last night. That said it was not a good win at all. The Giants are terrible and that game was up for grabs in the 4th. Bad penalties, Cobb drops, bad turnovers, ST screw ups, and strange play calling was all on display. Was anyone impressed with last night?

Agree 110%. It's so obvious this well talented team is lacking in the coaching dept.

Game after game there are numerous of penalties. Garrett never addresses them & it shows.

Where were these threads when the Eagles barely squeaked past the Bears this weekend?

A win is a win. Some of them start out ugly. At the end of the season, it doesn’t matter.
True, but they'll catch up to them sooner or later.... as always. Sadly it's in the playoffs.

We don't play New England next week
Doesn't matter when we play them. What matters is how we play them. They'll have to be perfect as they will with Minnesota.

Trendnet

Reaction score
Of the other 5 teams that have beaten the Giants this season, only the Pats have beaten them by more points than we did last night. (21 them 19 us). Does that mean none of those 5 teams are 'impressive' either?

And I'm sure if you asked him to explain why the Patriots win over the Giants was so much more impressive, he would struggle to say why.

My guess is mention how much more poised Kirk Cousins was in leading them to victory.

Then tell you to calm down after explaining that Kirk Cousins is just a typo for Tom Brady.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
A win is a win and they needed it last night. That said it was not a good win at all. The Giants are terrible and that game was up for grabs in the 4th. Bad penalties, Cobb drops, bad turnovers, ST screw ups, and strange play calling was all on display. I will also say I think other than a couple big plays the secondary stunk. Chido is so overrated in these parts. Lewis shouldn’t play over Brown he should play over Chido. I think NE is going to expose these clowns in a couple weeks.

I've emotionally checked out until New England and playoffs.

I still do not care. October wrecked the season.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Divisional game on the road. Beat them by 19. 420 yards to 270. Forced three turnovers. Survived a couple turnovers of our own and a missed (very long) field goal. Held Jones to a 74 passer rating. Held Barkley to 28 rushing yards. Zeke ran wild. Blew them out late, which, isn't that what a team built around our O-line and power football supposed to do? Their first play of the 4th quarter was the big one to Barkley. After that play, the defense allowed absolutely nothing the rest of the game.

Was it perfect? Of course not. Was it a good win? Sure, although I suspect nothing would impress you. Will NE destroy us in a couple weeks? Quite possibly, but nothing we did last night was going to change that.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
Mixed feelings … they appeared the entire game to be easily the better team, but they made a lot of mistakes that kept it from showing on the scoreboard. I was pretty worried that would bite us in the butt at the end. If they are going to compete with the better teams they are going to have to clean up the mistakes.

This.

aria

Reaction score
I appreciate your response also.
I'm still not sure which way to be swayed, especially after just reading another thread where the OP (@LatinMind ) also said they have a good OL, but this is all food for thought.
Well I stand corrected to a degree. Every ranking I looked at has the Cowboys top 3 and the Giants range from ~15th to 25th depending on how they grade them.