I wished we had signed Jameis Winston

Flamma

Reaction score
He's got a better arm than Dak does.

If that mattered so much JaMarcus Russell would be hall of fame. I can understand people not liking the signing, he's an above average QB. But let's not pretend there was a simple alternative. Jameis is garbage. I don't even think the 85 bears make the playoffs with that bum throwing pick sixes all year.

Moving on from Dak would have meant finding a QB in the draft.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
*I'd been gifted a herd of galloping freckles by an bispeckticaled librarian lady one time ,,,er,,,who'd of thunk it,,eh?
o_O:huh:o_O

plymkr

Reaction score
"I am not anti Dak....He is not elite and that is what burns me." = "I am not pro Dak."
I think what sucks about this whole Dak situation is the polarization of the fans. I feel like when people have to give a qualifying statement before making an honest appraisal of Dak, it's getting to be too much. Dak is more talented that Winston but is he 148 million over the next 3 years more talented? That'll remain to be seen. But right now Dak is better than Winston. But Dak is not elite. He's not an elite QB. That's a pretty much a solid fact. He may grow to be one but in 2021 and the last 5 years he has not been elite.

I think it sucks and I hope it stops that we have to say "I'm not anti Dak" or "I'm not against Dak" before making an honest statement about him. If you don't shoot out that qualifier then immediately the defensiveness comes out and the argument starts. At some point I would just like to be able to talk about Dak in the manner I talk about Cooper, Zeke, Martin, etc. If someone else has a bad game then we can talk about it without hurting feelings. If you want to say something about Dak that is true you have to define your agenda prior to the statement.

It gets old. I'm hoping that now the contract dispute is over we can talk about him as if he was a normal Cowboy and not a polarizing figure. I don't want to spend the next 4 years starting most of my sentences with "I'm not against Dak".

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I know all you Dak guys will lose your mind. But as I have been screaming all year I wish we had signed Jameis. Saints resigned him for 1 year @12 million. I have a hunch if he starts he will produce at Dak’s level.
I am not anti Dak, and it doesn’t even matter anymore as he is signed and just watch how the team has instant regret. He is not elite and that is what burns me.
I can’t believe I am the only one who feels this way. I honestly can’t see a path to going deep in the playoffs as this fan base hasn’t seen a championship game since January 1996. The days before the Netscape IPO, the AOL day, IRC chat. We have some 30 year olds who has never even seen any real Cowboys success. Just ponder that for a few moments.

https://i.postimg.cc/1tHG6bw7/XBg-Zu-QGJWXuww.gif
https://i.postimg.cc/9f5zwgXV/RUc-HXDGWCC8w-M.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/yWqrcxM1/Resized-l3-E6uh-DAN3-W7vylji-1.gif

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I think what sucks about this whole Dak situation is the polarization of the fans. I feel like when people have to give a qualifying statement before making an honest appraisal of Dak, it's getting to be too much. Dak is more talented that Winston but is he 148 million over the next 3 years more talented? That'll remain to be seen. But right now Dak is better than Winston. But Dak is not elite. He's not an elite QB. That's a pretty much a solid fact. He may grow to be one but in 2021 and the last 5 years he has not been elite.

I think it sucks and I hope it stops that we have to say "I'm not anti Dak" or "I'm not against Dak" before making an honest statement about him. If you don't shoot out that qualifier then immediately the defensiveness comes out and the argument starts. At some point I would just like to be able to talk about Dak in the manner I talk about Cooper, Zeke, Martin, etc. If someone else has a bad game then we can talk about it without hurting feelings. If you want to say something about Dak that is true you have to define your agenda prior to the statement.

It gets old. I'm hoping that now the contract dispute is over we can talk about him as if he was a normal Cowboy and not a polarizing figure. I don't want to spend the next 4 years starting most of my sentences with "I'm not against Dak".

Once again if those same standards for Dak not being elite. then same goes for Aikman and Romo (who in their prime were imo). You guys have qualifications for elite on a bizarre stratosphere.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I know all you Dak guys will lose your mind. But as I have been screaming all year I wish we had signed Jameis. Saints resigned him for 1 year @12 million. I have a hunch if he starts he will produce at Dak’s level.
I am not anti Dak, and it doesn’t even matter anymore as he is signed and just watch how the team has instant regret. He is not elite and that is what burns me.
I can’t believe I am the only one who feels this way. I honestly can’t see a path to going deep in the playoffs as this fan base hasn’t seen a championship game since January 1996. The days before the Netscape IPO, the AOL day, IRC chat. We have some 30 year olds who has never even seen any real Cowboys success. Just ponder that for a few moments.
Winston will make mistakes but he doesn't get completely shut down at times like Dak.

plymkr

Reaction score
Once again if those same standards for Dak not being elite. then same goes for Aikman and Romo (who in their prime were imo). You guys have qualifications for elite on a bizarre stratosphere.
You completely ignored my whole post and the point of my post and you concentrated on the 5 words that you can use to argue. Which ironically is proving my point.

Thank you for proving my point.

dckid

Reaction score

You are not very intelligent.. I am not moaning and crying. The Cowboys mad a very predictable move as always. We will scrap to 8-8 and things will be the same for the next 5 years. I see no path to a championship game.
When you make your QB the highest paid player in the league you have an expectation of winning. When Jerry signed Emmit in 93 I knew we were going to win the SB. This was not a smart move. This was what you do because you are afraid of finding the next guy.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

He never produced "at Dak's level" in the past, and let's skip the weapons retort. He had plenty of weapons in TB.

Worse than Dak by every measure and a turnover machine. Given our defense allows 7 after almost every TO that's a recipe for disaster.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You completely ignored my whole post and the point of my post and you concentrated on the 5 words that you can use to argue. Which ironically is proving my point.

Thank you for proving my point.

lol. So disagreeing with you = Me completely ignoring your whole post. Otay.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
One of worst qbs I’ve ever seen. That is a pathetic statement.

blueblood70

Reaction score

right and the saints are so confident in him for one its 5.5 12 is with all escalators, they signed THILL some oddball all voidable deal and now have 2 qbs..when you have two you have none..old adage it means they aren't sure about either..now stop drooling over other teams.. Winston played what 30 snaps in 292303 wow HOF bro..straight baller..his old teams now winning SBS with a stoic stand up in the pocket 43year old qb..lmao..

Jameis is sold very low end qb..dude failed he was picked high and well laid an egg compered to expectation..well at least 5.5 mil will keep him from front loading his pants with meat..

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Saints are on the hook for 12 million with 5.5 million guaranteed over one year for Winston.

Now compare that to the commitment the Cowboys made for Prescott.

I'll take Winston any day.
so his 33 INTS would be awesome..right dudes where hes at for reason..30 snaps ;last year right if Hill is starting more games then him, hes a JAG..