I wonder if Deuce will be healthy scratch again?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I watched Vaughn absolutely embarrass our 3rd Rd pick (Overshown) in a game against Texas. The kid is tough and talented. He wasn't a wasted 6th rd pick. That's exactly where guys like him are taken. The pick wasn't a waste. His utilization by the coaches is the waste. It's on them, not him. Can't score from the sidelines.
It’s difficult to shoehorn a guy into the offense that you have to get the ball to or else he serves no purposes. The offense becomes predictable.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm not mad. Currently I'm excited about the big game on Sunday. I understand about contracts. It is more likely that they keep Vaughn under contract and he is in camp next season.
You don’t understand contracts, because you said he’s under contract and it isn’t likely they’ll cut him during the offseason. He could be cut at any time.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Right now Vaughn is backing up Turpin, who is playing well. Turpin can do everything Vaughn can better and can also play WR. Vaughn is basically an insurance policy for Turpin.

If the Cowboys were to cut Vaughn, I believe he would be claimed. Would be good to have Vaughn on the PS, but no chance.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I still don’t know why everyone got soooo hyped up about this kid. Good story but that’s it. If he’s going to ever get on the field, he, more than most RBs will have to develop and gain strength. He will likely need a QB that is very accurate (not a shot at Dak, just a comment about what is best for Vaughn.
I got ripped for saying the best he could be is a D Sproles type and was told that he was more of a lead back in the mold of Saquon Barkley e cause the poster saw him play every week in college and lead the nation in rushing. I told them the Eagles drafted the leading rusher a few years ago who was the amazing Donnell Pumphrey. 5'5 guys can't be lead backs in the NFL. Simple as that.

J12B

Reaction score
Pollard is an adequate try-hard blocker. Dowdle is really unproven and has hip injuries. We really can't TELEGRAPH that we are either running or short passing game when Deuce is in the game. Because any mid to long range passing plays that involve a blitz might require Deuce to block unless it's Max Protect. So, it's a matchup thing with Deuce..and guys his size are rarely going to make the cut when evaluating matchups on Monday/Tuesday of game week.

That said, you can't measure heart and who knows...he might be as good as Pollard blocking. Then defenses won't know what we are doing when he's in the backfield.
Pollard has been outstanding in pass protection.

And he was never even that bad in previous years.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
He was being mentioned with Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith. :laugh: One fan predicted, he would lead the team in touches. :rolleyes: Some of the predictions were off-the-wall. lol
Yep. I just mentioned I got ripped for saying the best outcome would be a Sproles type.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yep. I just mentioned I got ripped for saying the best outcome would be a Sproles type.
That’s what I said but no one wanted to hear that because Sproles didn’t have a lot of rushing yards during his career. Too many fans here wanted Deuce to be Barry Sanders. There was a fan arguing that Deuce would beat out Pollard by the end of the season…Oops! lol This board was loaded with Deuce Vaughn threads. Never seen so much hysteria over a 6th round pick.

rambo2

Reaction score
You don’t understand contracts, because you said he’s under contract and it isn’t likely they’ll cut him during the offseason. He could be cut at any time.
I don't see them cutting him now or in the offseason. I see him remaining on the team and being in training camp next season. I can see why you get confused.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Too many fans got infatuated with Vaughn’s highlight videos. There was one highlight video after another with fans drooling over him. Some of the holes he was running through looked like the parting of the red sea. lol You’re not going see those kind of holes in the NFL. Practically every highlight he had gaping holes to run through. Never saw any highlights of him breaking tackles or running over anyone. It was just one big hole after another and there goes. It’s a lot different in the NFL but a lot of fans wouldn’t listen.

CashMan

Reaction score
He was being mentioned with Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith. :laugh: One fan predicted, he would lead the team in touches. :rolleyes: Some of the predictions were off-the-wall. lol
It was insane reading. The guy is clearly not big enough to handle a load that would be impactful.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't see them cutting him now or in the offseason. I see him remaining on the team and being in training camp next season. I can see why you get confused.
You saw him setting the NFL on fire prior to the season. You were making all kinds of bold predictions about him and telling everyone to enjoy the ride. lol I told you exactly how it was going to go with him, but you wouldn’t listen. Appears you still haven’t come to grips with it.

rambo2

Reaction score
Because he’s limited as to how you can use him. He’s not going to be successful running between the tackles and he can’t block or play special teams. This is why he won’t make the team next season.
He has played on special teams this season. I know you are confused but, returning a punt or kickoff is considered playing on special teams. However, I do know what you meant. Again, you originally said that he wouldn’t be back next season, now it's he won't make the team.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Guys don't break your hand patting yourself on the back to desperately try to be right about a freaking 6th round pick. Pathetic.