I wonder if Jerry feels any shame for all the careers he's wasted

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

To some extent - Dez, Frederick

Probably on the way - Tyron, Martin, Dak, Zeke, D-Law

Dude is just a graveyard for great players trying to win a chip. I wonder if he feels any shame as one by one they retire or leave w/out any hardware. What do you guys think?

Why would he feel shame?

Let's be 100% right now.

All of those guys you listed? They contributed to their lack of success. Jerry isn't the one suiting it up out there. He played ALL OF THEM top money. All of them. When it was time to win a game they all sat out there and underachieved. We can sit here and blame Jerry for a lot of things.......but I'm not blaming guys underachieving on him.

I don't even like to be a Jerry defender but I'm not gonna sit here and blame him for wasting Sean Lee's career when Sean Lee was on the sideline of it. That's insane.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some of those players didnt want to win a chip first and foremost either. Majority of the names actually

Romo/Witten chose being bffs and Garrett over winning by running off TO and playing favorites.

Dez never tried to get better at the finer points of the game.

Zeke clearly doesnt care about winning after getting his bag. Same with Lawrence.

Id say Ware, Frederick and Zach/Tyron the only guys who really wanted to win without all the goofy extra stuff.
:facepalm:

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
If those guys played for peanuts, then sure. but each of them were well compensated during their time with the team soooooo nah.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Some of those players didnt want to win a chip first and foremost either. Majority of the names actually

Romo/Witten chose being bffs and Garrett over winning by running off TO and playing favorites.

Zeke clearly doesnt care about winning after getting his bag. Same with Lawrence.

Id say Ware, Frederick and Zach/Tyron the only guys who really wanted to win without all the goofy extra stuff.
Talk that talk!!!!!

Kwyn

Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

Dude is just a graveyard for great players trying to win a chip. I wonder if he feels any shame as one by one they retire or leave w/out any hardware. What do you guys think?
I think this is a really simplistic way of looking at it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

Jerry has said he feels bad about these guys not getting the championship they deserve. It's not like he doesn't have a soft spot for his veteran players. I swear some of you people get off on accusing Jerry of being a heartless monster. Your ego may tell you you could do better but you couldn't.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Somebody has to say it.....nobody wasted these guys careers but themselves....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is incorrect.
I see nothing but truth in his post honestly. Jerry paid all those guys well. I'm a Cowboy fan through and through. I root for all these guys....If anyone has a argument for their careers being wasted its the players who played with Dave Campo. That era was a mess. You could argue some of those guys shouldn't have even been in the league so I don't even know if they'd qualify as having their careers wasted.

But if we are talking from 2005 to 2021? Nah....I'm not saying Jerry wasted those guys carers. Most of those guys wasted our time. A lot of those guys either underachieved or refused to nut up when it was time to. Every single December.......so do I blame Jerry for players being good in September and October and sucking in December?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Most of those names on the offensive side of the ball. Enough said.

Adreme

Reaction score
I think shame might be too strong of a word. Just look back since our last Super Bowl. 25 years ago and only 12 teams have won Super Bowls since.

Even winning a super bowl once every quarter decade keeps jerry ahead of over half the league. Kinda crazy when you look at it that way.

Yes but 26 teams have at least reached a championship game. That means Jerry Jones is in the same tier as the Bengals, Browns, Texans (who only existed for 19 years), Lions, and Washington.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
This is one of the most stupid threads.

Wasted career?

Who of you Jerry bashers wouldn't jump at any one of them?

Like I said this is beyond stupid.

MarkP88

Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

You can add: the back half of Aikman's, Irvin's and Emmitt's careers. Larry Allen's, too. Darren Woodson's. Those guys were still in their primes the last time we were in the Championship Game.

Shame is not in his vocabulary.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

he bought the franchise for 100M. its worth over 2.2B....you think he cares?

Zordon

Reaction score
Tons of players dont win Super Bowls...not just here. All those guys were well compensated so it sucks that they didn't get a ring...but life goes on.
I think there are many teams and team owners in the same boat as Jerry.

It's not like every team in the league has won a super bowl in the last 20 years.
Can you guys name a franchise that has wasted more top-end talent than this one over the last decade? I can't think of one.

Look I get it it's hard to win in this league. But a human being has to feel something seeing these players (who did things the right way for the most part) one-by-one hang it up without even a conference title to show for it. How can the one who is responsible for assembling the team not feel any remorse about this?

Zordon

Reaction score
------Cool another bash Jerry thread we really needed one

Agreed...we sure do!
Cool another bash Jerry thread we really needed one
Trust, he's gotten it easy from this fanbase.

Sean Lee, who is probably the hardest worker in the NFL did not sniff a conference title in his entire career. Neither did Romo, Witten, Tyron and Zack. Guys who do things "the right way". He deserves to be **** on for this.