I wonder if Jerry feels any shame for all the careers he's wasted

Zordon

Reaction score
I think this is a really simplistic way of looking at it.
How so? He's responsible for assembling the team and the coaching staff. In that regard, he has failed miserably in assembling the proper pieces around a core of really talented, first-class players. Seeing them retire one-by-one without any hardware, not even a conference title deserves a call out of the man most responsible for it.

Do not agree that the players listed in OP deserved better? Better coaches, better depth around them?

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

To some extent - Dez, Frederick

Probably on the way - Tyron, Martin, Dak, Zeke, D-Law

Dude is just a graveyard for great players trying to win a chip. I wonder if he feels any shame as one by one they retire or leave w/out any hardware. What do you guys think?

How do you feel any shame when he bought the franchise for 140mil and now has over 5.5 billion. That’s a heck of return on his money and he wasn’t shy about paying his star players.

You want money, play for the Cowboys
You want championships and Super Bowl Rings go else where.

it’s the Jerry Jones family championship business

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yes but 26 teams have at least reached a championship game. That means Jerry Jones is in the same tier as the Bengals, Browns, Texans (who only existed for 19 years), Lions, and Washington.
Fair point

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

Dude is just a graveyard for great players trying to win a chip. I wonder if he feels any shame as one by one they retire or leave w/out any hardware. What do you guys think?

they wasted Romo’s best years.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He didn't waste any careers. There were opportunities for the players to be successful and they didn't capitalize on them.

Individual players cannot win championships. Most of those players had/are successful, in the NFL.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
.....if you can keep a 8-8 coach for 10 yrs. You dont need the writing on the wall for this one. Bad Luck? Fate? Dumb and Dumber? Either way, if I'm Dak he might of signed his career away.
They like their guys.They reward them with a country club atmosphere and no accountability. Heck of a way to run an nfl team.

ICP

Reaction score
Lol, guarantee he doesn't see it that way

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Some of those players didnt want to win a chip first and foremost either. Majority of the names actually

Romo/Witten chose being bffs and Garrett over winning by running off TO and playing favorites.

Dez never tried to get better at the finer points of the game.

Zeke clearly doesnt care about winning after getting his bag. Same with Lawrence.

Id say Ware, Frederick and Zach/Tyron the only guys who really wanted to win without all the goofy extra stuff.

Well, dang, you really rained on the @Zordon whine and cheese party/anti-Jerry rant. :lmao2:

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
:facepalm:
Some of those players didnt want to win a chip first and foremost either. Majority of the names actually

Romo/Witten chose being bffs and Garrett over winning by running off TO and playing favorites.

Dez never tried to get better at the finer points of the game.

Zeke clearly doesnt care about winning after getting his bag. Same with Lawrence.

Id say Ware, Frederick and Zach/Tyron the only guys who really wanted to win without all the goofy extra stuff.

Yeah not to be confused with those BFF’s Aikman, Smith & Irvin who were distracted by their goofy friendship.

C’mon man be better than that. :facepalm:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Every team wastes most of their players' careers, if we're going by championship criteria, tbh.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Every team wastes most of their players' careers, if we're going by championship criteria, tbh.

That's a bit of a strict criteria. Plenty of non-SB-winning players are in the hall of fame.

For OP, Jerry feels no shame. He paid people to do work, and it didn't work. So what.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That's a bit of a strict criteria. Plenty of non-SB-winning players are in the hall of fame.

For OP, Jerry feels no shame. He paid people to do work, and it didn't work. So what.
I agree. Just going by the OP's gripe on said response.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

If only he would stop micromanaging

visionary

Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

LOL No

money over everything for Jerry