I would like to see the Peyton Manning rule.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Manning is a great QB. But this crap he does is just to annoying. It is like he is screaming....look at me hear I am the greatest QB to ever live. See me see mee Look at me. I am the best ever.

Just hike the fn ball and either hand it off or throw it. I do not see any other QB do this crap every other play like he does.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Manning is a great QB. But this crap he does is just to annoying. It is like he is screaming....look at me hear I am the greatest QB to ever live. See me see mee Look at me. I am the best ever.

Just hike the fn ball and either hand it off or throw it. I do not see any other QB do this crap every other play like he does.

Dont worry Eli is still learning...
Did you not see he tried in the Sunday game and things got a bit messed up...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wolverine said:

I don't take it that way at all.

What he does is engineer a machine of an offense. If that isn't impressive, I don't know what is.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
leonargized said:
Dont worry Eli is still learning...
Did you not see he tried in the Sunday game and things got a bit messed up...

Yeah that was funny!

Thing is this. There are other great QBs playing and they do not do that crap all the time like Manning does and Eli is trying to do. These QBs find ways to get the play done without all that crap.

I am just gonna love it when some LB or DL or SS just hella unloads on one of the Mannings on a play just after one of them did all that crap.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
This whole thread sounds like a bunch of sour grapes, crybaby Joe Gibbs crap.

Remember in the 90's when all the teams voted on rules to hamper the boys?

The Emmitt Smith rule
The Eric Williams rule
and remember last year
The Roy Williams rule

Crybabies always try to say the better and more talented team is cheating ......... lets not be like the rest of the league

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I don't take it that way at all.

What he does is engineer a machine of an offense. If that isn't impressive, I don't know what is.

It is amazing how other great NFL QBs do not need to go through all that to get the job done. All that is is just to get everyone to look at him trying to make everyone think he is the greatest ever.

Heck Tom Brady hardly ever does anything like that but he has 3 Super Bowl rings and everyone knows the man is in charge without all that bs.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
What's up with the Manning hating?

If the man started for the Cowboys no one would say a damn thing. He does what he does to confuse the hell outa the defense...and it must work because his team is winning football games.

All I know is that his team is undefeated and he is a touchdown machine. Impressive.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
These guys sound like the Giants, Commanders, and Eagles fans talking about Troy Aikman ................

Jealousy pure and simple

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
The Colts have the best offense in the NFL....
I do not think they have the best offense of all time....

I myself like defense and if I had to choose a great D or a great Offense I choose the Defense...
I am not jealous of P. Manning ( WEll maybe his pay check)
I am just tired of all the hype..,.
True his team gets results and maybe the Colts should fire the offensive corridinator and just give Peyton that check also...
Put P.Manning on the Texans for a week..

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
What's up with the Manning hating?

If the man started for the Cowboys no one would say a damn thing. He does what he does to confuse the hell outa the defense...and it must work because his team is winning football games.

All I know is that his team is undefeated and he is a touchdown machine. Impressive.

He never confused a healthy NewEngland defense???

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Put anyone ...... heck put Joe Montana on the Texans and they will lose

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
It is amazing how other great NFL QBs do not need to go through all that to get the job done. All that is is just to get everyone to look at him trying to make everyone think he is the greatest ever.

Heck Tom Brady hardly ever does anything like that but he has 3 Super Bowl rings and everyone knows the man is in charge without all that bs.
Do you even grasp that he (not an OC) is calling the plays? Do you know how long it has been since that happened in the NFL? Longer than you've been alive.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
leonargized said:
He never confused a healthy NewEngland defense???

Your point?

Fact is Manning is the most talented QB in the league. Tom Brady is a winner, but he is not as talented as Manning.

And if Manning wins a Super Bowl this year I say he is making his case as the best QB of all time.

We just need to stop with the nitpicking. Why do it? What is the point?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
zrinkill said:
Put anyone ...... heck put Joe Montana on the Texans and they will lose

Put Peyton on the Texans and they will have more than one win. The problem with the Texans is the OL play and the offensive playcalling. With Peyton back there reading the defense and calling plays the Texans would have four more wins at least.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I agree with ya about how good Payton is man ...... but I dont think ANY QB could succeed on the Texans .....it is literally a jail break EVERY time the QB snaps the ball. Reminds me of Troys first year...... but alot worse

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Do you even grasp that he (not an OC) is calling the plays? Do you know how long it has been since that happened in the NFL? Longer than you've been alive.

Maybe you are right but I have seen nuff QBs audible where they change plays and call plays and I do not see them put on a such a overblown skit like Manning does.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
Put Peyton on the Texans and they will have more than one win. The problem with the Texans is the OL play and the offensive playcalling. With Peyton back there reading the defense and calling plays the Texans would have four more wins at least.

Disagree,
Johnny Unitus in his prime would be of No help...

I think the only QB that could give the Texans more wins is a running M.Vick...
And yes I do think P.Manning is better than M.Vick but Vicks got a different style and P.Manning Texans would get killed...

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
Your point?

Fact is Manning is the most talented QB in the league. Tom Brady is a winner, but he is not as talented as Manning.

And if Manning wins a Super Bowl this year I say he is making his case as the best QB of all time.

We just need to stop with the nitpicking. Why do it? What is the point?

P.MAnning is not even in the top 5 most talented QBs in the NFL ... He is smart and well schooled but not most talented...

My point is great D beats great Offense most the time ....

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
leonargized said:
Disagree,
Johnny Unitus in his prime would be of No help...

I think they only QB that could give the Texans more wins is a running M.Vick...
And yes I do think P.Manning is better than M.Vick but Vicks got a different style and P.Manning Texans would get killed...

I've seen the Texans play numerous times. They have talent at the skill positions. A lot of the sacks can be put on David Carr as well as the OL...he just holds on to the ball way to long on some plays.

Dom Capers is just a tool. If David Carr could read defenses half as good as Peyton the Texans would have a few more wins. I'm not saying they would be in the playoffs, they'd just have more than one win.