I would like to see the Peyton Manning rule.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Manning is not top 5 ? haha.

Tell me your top 5 please.

Myself,
I am not saying that Peyton is not the best QB in the game at this time , but another said he had the most talent and I dont agree with that at all...

Vick,Mcnabb,Culpepper, Farve and even Eli have more talent....

The most talented dose not always show on the field...
Emmitt and Walter were not the most talented ,but that did not stop them...
If it was all about talent then we would have a lot fewer draft bust.

Jeff George = very talented
but I can think of a lot of other QBs not as talented that went on to much more productive NFL careers....

joseephuss

Reaction score
leonargized said:
Myself,
I am not saying that Peyton is not the best QB in the game at this time , but another said he had the most talent and I dont agree with that at all...

Vick,Mcnabb,Culpepper, Farve and even Eli have more talent....

The most talented dose not always show on the field...
Emmitt and Walter were not the most talented ,but that did not stop them...
If it was all about talent then we would have a lot fewer draft bust.

Jeff George = very talented
but I can think of a lot of other QBs not as talented that went on to much more productive NFL careers....

I see what you are saying. Peyton isn't the biggest or have the strongest arm, but can play the position.

I think the problem is that we limit our definition of talent to just the physical tools. Sure the physical part sticks out the most when looking at a player and is easily measured, but I think you can include the mental and emotional aspects of the game and call that talent as well.

There have been plenty of running backs vastly more physically talented than Emmitt Smith or Walter Payton, but it takes a lot more than physical talent to play the game. They had the mental talent to learn the playbook and learn the nuiances of the game. They had the emotional talent to work hard, dedicate themselves and give it their all. Of course those types of talents are harder to evaluate in a player. You can't use a tape measure or stop watch. You have to watch their games and observe their mannerisms and get lucky.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
I would like to make one thing clear. I do think Peyton Manning is a great QB. Even if he never wins a Super Bowl he should get in the HOF easy. Holds the single season record for TD passes. All kindsa 4000 yard seasons.

The Colts have been a winner and Super Bowl contender with him at QB for a long time.

He is a big QB. He has a very strong and accurate arm. He feels the pressure and he makes his choices very fast. The man IS a great QB I am not even questioning that.

The thing I am bringing up is I get so fn tired of that crap he does at the LOS all the time. Other great QBs do not do this 15 minute drama act before every snap but they call plays and audibles just fine.

Like I said. Just call your play or audible and hike the fn ball and either hand it off or throw it. No need to make such a big act outta everything to get all the cameras on him.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
I would like to make one thing clear. I do think Peyton Manning is a great QB. Even if he never wins a Super Bowl he should get in the HOF easy. Holds the single season record for TD passes. All kindsa 4000 yard seasons.

The Colts have been a winner and Super Bowl contender with him at QB for a long time.

He is a big QB. He has a very strong and accurate arm. He feels the pressure and he makes his choices very fast. The man IS a great QB I am not even questioning that.

The thing I am bringing up is I get so fn tired of that crap he does at the LOS all the time. Other great QBs do not do this 15 minute drama act before every snap but they call plays and audibles just fine.

Like I said. Just call your play or audible and hike the fn ball and either hand it off or throw it. No need to make such a big act outta everything to get all the cameras on him.

I agree with everything you say accept Peyton's arm strength .
His arm is only average by NFL standards...everything else I agree with.

Including him being a drama queen...( D.Q. My words)
NO one can not seriously tell me that he would not be just as effective with out the theatre......