I would love to see Crawford go

glimmerman

Reaction score
Everyone wants him gone until he makes a play. We payed him so let’s get all we can out of him. He should be healthy and ready to go. Put him inside and let these DE eat QB all day. Crawford is another player that the FO overplayed for his skill. Just like carr. No one will trade with us for him so play him. He knows the system and is better than serviceable.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
They should not be compensated for position flex And shouldn't be looked at as a positive trait. Market for a rotational d lineman is probably 4-5 million maybe. The market will be skewed in his favor because he plays DE which brings more money but he doesn't give the pass rush ability of a DE. The FO messed up and this will be his last year with us.

I’m done, I’m not wasting anymore time on someone who doesn’t think position flex is not a positive trait.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I’m done, I’m not wasting anymore time on someone who doesn’t think position flex is not a positive trait.
Not for a starter. Or unless the player is a pro bowl caliber player. I can't think of any pro bowl caliber D lineman that is able to move all over and keep up high quality play. If you can name another let me know. Do you see JJ Watt, von miller, Khalil Mack they tried to move him around and it failed. The only times you might see them move inside is to disguise blitzes or exploit a matchup but most of the time they are in one position. Glad you love average players that can be fill ins at every position on the d line. I would like to think the organization would be trying to get better quality for 1 position.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Not for a starter. Or unless the player is a pro bowl caliber player. I can't think of any pro bowl caliber D lineman that is able to move all over and keep up high quality play. If you can name another let me know. Do you see JJ Watt, von miller, Khalil Mack they tried to move him around and it failed. The only times you might see them move inside is to disguise blitzes or exploit a matchup but most of the time they are in one position. Glad you love average players that can be fill ins at every position on the d line. I would like to think the organization would be trying to get better quality for 1 position.

So now we are comparing Crawford a solid defensive player with position flex to Von Miller, JJ Watt, Mack who were all first round draft choices.

Keep moving the goal posts though.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
They should not be compensated for position flex And shouldn't be looked at as a positive trait. Market for a rotational d lineman is probably 4-5 million maybe. The market will be skewed in his favor because he plays DE which brings more money but he doesn't give the pass rush ability of a DE. The FO messed up and this will be his last year with us.
DT is actually a higher paid position. Suh is now the highest paid DL.

I'm not a fan of paying position flex either. I hate this team philosophy of just moving guys all around. They got stuck somewhat with Crawford when the moved to a 4-3. And Crawford having the skills to move inside. But they should never have looked at that as a long term plan, and should not have given him a contract based on that.

Crawford is a 3-4 End. And even a bit undersized for that.

But I think, given time at DE, he can be an above average guy there. Probably not worth 9 mill a year since he does lack elite pass rush skills. But again, the elite pass rushers from end are getting 17+ mill a year. Just look at Lawrence. And you cant realistically have two 17+ mill a year guys at end and also have a premier 3T, that could be 19+ mill a year, if you go by what Suh just got.

You have to balance these salaries.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Andre Branch averages 8 mill a year. Ever heard of him?
Derek Wolfe averages 9.175 a year. Would you rather have him?
Olivier Vernon averages 17 mill a year. Crawford is getting half of that.

Getting a very solid DE against the run and adequate, at this point, against the pass for 9 mill a year is not a bad deal. Especially since he can also kick inside.

@BlindFaith

Sorry to quote you again, but I want to tag a poster in this.

Here @Hennessy_King look at the list above as I said before market value.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
DT is actually a higher paid position. Suh is now the highest paid DL.

I'm not a fan of paying position flex either. I hate this team philosophy of just moving guys all around. They got stuck somewhat with Crawford when the moved to a 4-3. And Crawford having the skills to move inside. But they should never have looked at that as a long term plan, and should not have given him a contract based on that.

Crawford is a 3-4 End. And even a bit undersized for that.

But I think, given time at DE, he can be an above average guy there. Probably not worth 9 mill a year since he does lack elite pass rush skills. But again, the elite pass rushers from end are getting 17+ mill a year. Just look at Lawrence. And you cant realistically have two 17+ mill a year guys at end and also have a premier 3T, that could be 19+ mill a year, if you go by what Suh just got.

You have to balance these salaries.
After all this time I don't think he will improve I think at this point Crawford is who he is. If he moved to a different system I think he would be way better. 9 mil is just a little much for a guy averaging what 3-4 sacks a year. He also carries the stigma of *** was that when he got signed. I remember when they showed the extension I was ***, why? He's not a $9mil player especially back when he signed the contract in 15.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He's been pushed outside by Collins and then by Irving. He only started last season cause taco was a rookie and he started loosing snaps to him at the end of last year and was used as a rotation guy mostly at the end of the year but some on here like you just like to argue.
Hes started every year since being here, saying he only started because of Taco has no legs to stand on. Taco wasnt here the four years prior to that.

He played 61% in week 14, 97% in week 15, 76% in week 16, and 60% in week 17. His season average was 63% of snaps. So he actually played a higher % of snaps at the end of the season.

I dont understand why people make **** up to make an argument. IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURW TALKING ABOUT DONT COMMENT ON IT.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Statistically Tyrone is closest in comparison to Jerry Hughes and Tuitt from Pitt.

Those two are being paid $9M AAV and $12M AAV

It seems like Tyrone is being paid right in line with his fellow counterparts

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Yes comparing deals in 15 to 2018 is pretty moot considering the cap has been raised and new markets are being set every year.

What point are even trying to make here? What does 2015 have to do with 2018? His contract is on par with other players of his caliber as was proven above. This isn’t hard to follow, and yet here you are moving goal posts to try and prove a point.

kskboys

Reaction score
Craws is a nice rotational player. Why would you want him gone?

Seems to me as if the smart thing would be to extend his contract and get him down to where he should be in salary, round 4 mil/season.

Clamoring to cut players doesn't exactly make one sound intelligent.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
What point are even trying to make here? What does 2015 have to do with 2018? His contract is on par with other players of his caliber as was proven above. This isn’t hard to follow, and yet here you are moving goal posts to try and prove a point.
I'm telling you those teams made bad signings. You think a couple rotational guys, that fool a couple gm's into overpaying makes those deals the norm.

robbieruff

Reaction score
I’m not the one complaining about how someone else spends their money.

How silly does that sound? Oh no they didn’t spend their money how I want them to, so I’m gonna quit watching. o_O
Well...as “taxpayers” for the league - I.e., without our money the league (and by extension this franchise) doesn’t exist, doesn’t that gives folks the right to complain if they want to? I’m not saying the complaints are always valid but I would never question the right to complain cuz technically, as I see it, it’s not solely THEIR money when we’re the customers and buyers of their product. My two sense...

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I'm telling you those teams made bad signings. You think a couple rotational guys, that fool a couple gm's into overpaying makes those deals the norm.

I’m pretty sure those GM’s know a whole lot more about a player and market value then some poster who claims they were fooled. Have fun

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Well...as “taxpayers” for the league - I.e., without our money the league (and by extension this franchise) doesn’t exist, doesn’t that gives folks the right to complain if they want to? I not saying the complaints are always valid but I would never question the right to complain cuz technically, as I see it, it’s not solely THEIR money when we’re the customers and buyers of their product. My two sense...

:facepalm: