I would not pay Micah or CeeDee

plasticman

Reaction score
Its designed for my teams best players to falter in the playoffs so that posters can use unreasonable hate to infuriate... and posters can claim players are paid too much.

Do you want to do a case study so that I can prove this? I bet if I started following San Fran as my favorite team....all these same issues causing problems here will mysteriously all pop up over there.

Take me up on it? Be my accountability partner in this study.
I'm trying to understand what you are saying....

Are you saying that the best players in this league do not perform well in the playoffs? And this is because the league is designed this way?

Or, are you saying that it just appears this way to a fan because his expectations are unreasonable?

In any case, I don't believe that criticism is hate. And I don't believe that the intentions of a critic is to infuriate.

plasticman

Reaction score
Why, because you say so?

No other team including the playoff and teams we covet do it that way. When the Rams merced up to win a few years ago that didn't happen and the Eagles offseason this year which has been panned as success does not do that.

Frankly, your way just seems a way to guarantee disappointment.
Why?

Because it doesn't matter how well a player performs in the regular season if he does not perform at least on an equal level in the playoffs.

The entire point to the regular season is to see which teams are good enough to compete for a championship in the playoffs.

conner01

Reaction score
Just my opinion. You could likely get two firsts for Micah if you trade him now. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd for cd. That would give us 7 picks in the top 100 for 2025 draft. You could do a lot with that. Save all the money. 35m for cd, 35 for Micah, 55 m dak. That’s 125,mil for three players. Even if you’re pushing the money down the line. That’s way too much cap space to spend on 3 players that can be replaced.
Replaced is highly unlikely. Both are elite players and the odds of getting 2 like them are slim. But even if you did wouldn’t the same logic mean you just draft and trade never building a strong roster? The guys you draft with those picks will also want to get paid

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Why?

Because it doesn't matter how well a player performs in the regular season if he does not perform at least on an equal level in the playoffs.

The entire point to the regular season is to see which teams are good enough to compete for a championship in the playoffs.
More assertions. AT best you provide a real scotsman argument.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Just my opinion. You could likely get two firsts for Micah if you trade him now. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd for cd. That would give us 7 picks in the top 100 for 2025 draft. You could do a lot with that. Save all the money. 35m for cd, 35 for Micah, 55 m dak. That’s 125,mil for three players. Even if you’re pushing the money down the line. That’s way too much cap space to spend on 3 players that can be replaced.
That is why you will never win championships. Look at how many starters have left Dallas since 1994 and won championships with other teams. Players are not the problem in Dallas.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
To be fair the Cowboys haven’t won a recent championship with a talented roster…
However, talented rosters have won several division titles and have positioned us well in the playoffs. We’re not going to have playoff opportunities by moving on from our best players. It’s also bad business that would keep fans from filling the stadium and buying merchandise. Great players keep butts in the seats. I wouldn’t pay to watch a bunch of average players.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Those teams trade good players but still have a ton of great players

Chiefs traded Hill, Snead etc. But still have elite talent in Mahomes, Kelce, Jones.

Rams still have leadership guys like Stafford, Kupp and Donald

So yes. These teams do trade players. But they aren’t dealing their 1-2-3 best players.
If our 1-2-3 best players were at that level, I would hope the Cowboys wouldn't trade them. After all Jethro did trade Amari Cooper for a Klondike Bar... So there's that....

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That is why you will never win championships. Look at how many starters have left Dallas since 1994 and won championships with other teams. Players are not the problem in Dallas.
Lack of good players in Dallas has been the problem. You guys get fixated on names.

Give me the last great safety or DT we've had. I'll wait and then come back and tell me it's not about the players.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm happily trade Parsons for 2 number ones if we need a quarterback, but I'll keep C. D, thank you.

ICP

Reaction score
I think you have to hold on to CeeDee but I'm holding out hope they trade Parsons and get a nice haul

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Lack of good players in Dallas has been the problem. You guys get fixated on names.

Give me the last great safety or DT we've had. I'll wait and then come back and tell me it's not about the players.
Who is sitting in that middle seat Head of the table in the draft war room? Who sat there not drafting a great DT or Safety (you forgot Roy Williams)?

But, Your answer to the above question has been the problem over the last 30 years.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
No one says Micah ain’t on a hall of fame trajectory. You don’t let those boys walk 5 years into their career. Ever.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Who is sitting in that middle seat Head of the table in the draft war room? Who sat there not drafting a great DT or Safety (you forgot Roy Williams)?

But, Your answer to the above question has been the problem over the last 30 years.
We know

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Yes but the argument that it isn't on the players like we already have the players is the issue here - we don't have the players. We have a couple of jersey sellers while key positions continue to go ignored. The fact that the last safety we had was nearly 2 decades ago while our last good DT was over a decade ago just shows we lack in key positions.

We all know Jerry and Stephen are the issue, there is nothing to be done there unless something unfortunate happens to both (I'm not wishing that) or they sell the team (they won't). Until then all we can do is hope they, even accidentally, hit on a great safety and DT soon.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Yes but the argument that it isn't on the players like we already have the players is the issue here - we don't have the players. We have a couple of jersey sellers while key positions continue to go ignored. The fact that the last safety we had was nearly 2 decades ago while our last good DT was over a decade ago just shows we lack in key positions.

We all know Jerry and Stephen are the issue, there is nothing to be done there unless something unfortunate happens to both (I'm not wishing that) or they sell the team (they won't). Until then all we can do is hope they, even accidentally, hit on a great safety and DT soon.
That is what I am trying to get you to live in the reality that Your Owner GM and defacto Head Coach is Jerry Dumbo GM Jones. It is not Tex Schramm and Landry or Ackles, Wooten and Johnson. So you are not going to get Bob Lilly with the 1st pick in Dallas Cowboys history or Russell Maryland with the last DT 1st round Pro Bowl player.

There is no Tom Landry that is going to save the career of Randy White and move him from LB to DT. There is no Jimmy Johnson and John Wooten that is going to draft a OT from Central St. or take a LB from Arizona St. and move him to S.

Reality is what Jerry said...he wants to be relevant. It is not about winning Super Bowls.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Receivers even good ones fall off a cliff after signing their second contract but we have no choice and we have to pay CD and hope he plays atleast 3 more years at a high level.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
so you find start you are looking to draft, then not pay them. so go drafting again. to find starts, only to decide not to pay them.

so essentially run the organization never handing out big contracts to great players on a 4,5 year deals. and then go gambling again.

how does this even make sense.

if the cap is above and beyond your understanding, then just stay away from that part of NFL.

conner01

Reaction score
LOL lets pay no one because players like to make money, take care of their bodies, and have a say in hat happens to them.

This place reads like a bunch of unfulfilled narcissists.
I don’t get the logic. Elite players and players at a position you have no replacement for you have to pay. The idea you can get another elite player is just wishful thinking. Going into this off season had decided to rebuild I could understand trading one of them and bland. Then rebuild the roster. But we didn’t do that and I don’t see Jerry ever doing a total rebuild

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well they dont have to trade them all now, but for dak and lamb would it hurt to put them on the trade block and see
what is offered and by who??
If someone offers a lot for CD then consider it and either take it or not.

Dak, it is probably too late, and he has to agree to it, but again just see what offers you get.

Parsons, it is too early for him, better to wait and see what happens with him and zim.
Parsons does have the big head and is a little out of control lol but maybe he can be fixed, if not
shop him in 25.

If they actually shopped CD around he might not want as much to sign here .

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Well they dont have to trade them all now, but for dak and lamb would it hurt to put them on the trade block and see
what is offered and by who??
If someone offers a lot for CD then consider it and either take it or not.

Dak, it is probably too late, and he has to agree to it, but again just see what offers you get.

Parsons, it is too early for him, better to wait and see what happens with him and zim.
Parsons does have the big head and is a little out of control lol but maybe he can be fixed, if not
shop him in 25.

If they actually shopped CD around he might not want as much to sign here .
CeeDee Lamb will sign for $35 million AAV. He’s never signing for less than that unless the deal is more than $110 million guaranteed. Jerry Jones waited. Now he pays the price. And he will.