I would not pay Micah or CeeDee

FanofJerry

Reaction score
When discussing a "best" player, their playoff performances must be given a priority.

How did this player perform in the most important games of his career. In what way did this player influence the success of his team?

Which iconic moments did he contribute on the road to a championship?

Do you know which Dallas Cowboy in NFL history has the most sacks in the playoffs? Do you know which Cowboy is tied for most INT's in the playoffs?

Parsons has one sack in four playoff games.

Parsons averages almost 1 sack per game from September to November. He averages a half of a sack in the regular season games played in December and January. He averages a quarter of a sack in the playoffs.

If Parsons was the best defensive player then his sack trend would be going in the opposite direction.

Yes, he's an elite player but he will not be worth the money unless his productivity in the early months extend throughout the playoffs.
Its designed for my teams best players to falter in the playoffs so that posters can use unreasonable hate to infuriate... and posters can claim players are paid too much.

Do you want to do a case study so that I can prove this? I bet if I started following San Fran as my favorite team....all these same issues causing problems here will mysteriously all pop up over there.

Take me up on it? Be my accountability partner in this study.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Also I can’t recall one of our star players openly make references about being traded. He made his joke about DQ, and his Steelers trade comment the other day. Just odd.
Parsons is turning out to be an ODD dude! Also, I'm not sure his ego would allow this one-dimensional player to sign a contract that is worth less than the real top 4 - 5 defensive players in the NFL, he will demand top money and he's just not that player and isn't worth that much money.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I'll be honest. I'm not thrilled about either resigning either. But for different reasons. To me, Lamb has earned it, but somehow I don't see him sustaining an elite level for years to come. Kind of how I felt last year when Diggs got paid.

As for Micah, that's another story. He's turning into a team cancer on top of his empty calorie production. A certain n-word comes to mind, but no its not the forbidden word you think it is. So relax everybody.

More important, I just think there are other teams where he would be a better fit and I would much have the draft capital and cap room. I understand some of you think he is a generational talent, but I don't. I see him more as wasted energy that doesn't come close to Charles Haley in game changing plays.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'll be honest. I'm not thrilled about either resigning either. But for different reasons. To me, Lamb has earned it, but somehow I don't see him sustaining an elite level for years to come. Kind of how I felt last year when Diggs got paid.

As for Micah, that's another story. He's turning into a team cancer on top of his empty calorie production. A certain n-word comes to mind, but no its not the forbidden word you think it is. So relax everybody.

More important, I just think there are other teams where he would be a better fit and I would much have the draft capital and cap room. I understand some of you think he is a generational talent, but I don't. I see him more as wasted energy that doesn't come close to Charles Haley in game changing plays.
I like the wait and see approach.

I do not think that Lamb has fully earned it. He took a major step forward to OPoY candidate but it was only one year. We have been through this before with pro bowl and all pro efforts from DLaw and Jaylon.

OTOH, the cancer thing is at best speculation. The rubber on the road hahs been a highly productive pass rusher since he came out the gate.

Haley did not produce like Parsons when he was here. He struggled to beat the double teams and ended up with sack totals like 4. We won because Jeffcoat and Tolbert got to the QB. Parsons beats those doubles.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I like the wait and see approach.

I do not think that Lamb has fully earned it. He took a major step forward to OPoY candidate but it was only one year. We have been through this before with pro bowl and all pro efforts from DLaw and Jaylon.

OTOH, the cancer thing is at best speculation. The rubber on the road hahs been a highly productive pass rusher since he came out the gate.

Haley did not produce like Parsons when he was here. He struggled to beat the double teams and ended up with sack totals like 4. We won because Jeffcoat and Tolbert got to the QB. Parsons beats those doubles.
Disagree completely on Haley! He was way more effective as a pass rusher, especially in the biggest games and playoff time. He wasn't just an intimidator, he was sadistic with a cat and mouse approach and got into the heads of opponents. I don't see Micah doing that consistently yet. Still relies too much on speed and athleticism.

darealvelle

Reaction score
LOL lets pay no one because players like to make money, take care of their bodies, and have a say in hat happens to them.

This place reads like a bunch of unfulfilled narcissists.
Whats funny nobody was complaining and calling Zack Martin selfish and all he cares about is the money when he sat out in camp last year. Matter of fact, people were advocating that he gets paid. But Micah and Cee dee does it its a problem and they just need to be traded smh.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Whats funny nobody was complaining and calling Zack Martin selfish and all he cares about is the money when he sat out in camp last year. Matter of fact, people were advocating that he gets paid. But Micah and Cee dee does it its a problem and they just need to be traded smh.
Well Martin is a bonified future HOF who is a leader of the offensive line group. He has been, since 2014, the best guard in the league. He also did what had to be done for what could have been his final contract in the NFL.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Disagree completely on Haley! He was way more effective as a pass rusher, especially in the biggest games and playoff time. He wasn't just an intimidator, he was sadistic with a cat and mouse approach and got into the heads of opponents. I don't see Micah doing that consistently yet. Still relies too much on speed and athleticism.
Haley averaged a sack a playoff in is time in Dallas.

He did have two 10+ sack seasons of the 4 he was here. Haley did not have nearly as many dominant multi sack games in his time here.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I am sure that there are some like that but there are a whole lot of really angry Cowboys fans looking for a target.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Just my opinion. You could likely get two firsts for Micah if you trade him now. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd for cd. That would give us 7 picks in the top 100 for 2025 draft. You could do a lot with that. Save all the money. 35m for cd, 35 for Micah, 55 m dak. That’s 125,mil for three players. Even if you’re pushing the money down the line. That’s way too much cap space to spend on 3 players that can be replaced.
LOst brain cellz reading this,.?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just my opinion. You could likely get two firsts for Micah if you trade him now. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd for cd. That would give us 7 picks in the top 100 for 2025 draft. You could do a lot with that. Save all the money. 35m for cd, 35 for Micah, 55 m dak. That’s 125,mil for three players. Even if you’re pushing the money down the line. That’s way too much cap space to spend on 3 players that can be replaced.
Idiocy.....but, too each their own

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
This post reeks of narcissism. Assuming motives and applying those assumptions as if they were true, aka gaslighting.

As if there were no other possible reasons why one would suggest trading assets for a high value return.
thats not what gaslighting means

FanofJerry

Reaction score
thats not what gaslighting means
I do t care what your definition of gaslighting means...I made my own...

It's punching someone in the face, telling the other person they didn't do it and then telling the person hit in the face they are whining for complaining about it.

This board tells me I have the wrong definition. I don't care

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
LOL lets pay no one because players like to make money, take care of their bodies, and have a say in hat happens to them.

This place reads like a bunch of unfulfilled narcissists.
I read it as anarchist. I fancy the idea of rebuilding. Yet, I am still to fathom trading away the King's Jewels of drafts ... I will meditate on tha ...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I do t care what your definition of gaslighting means...I made my own...

It's punching someone in the face, telling the other person they didn't do it and then telling the person hit in the face they are whining for complaining about it.

This board tells me I have the wrong definition. I don't care
Atta Boy, Luther!

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
You build a team through great players. A team is 53. Why they hell are you wanting to trade your 1-2 players???

You build around them
Because he totally understands how building a team works. Get rid of the players that are producing and keep the ones that are not.

I understand that I am not an expert, but it's more than just wins and losses when it comes to the business side of things. I just put those types of posters in the "No Clue" category and move on.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Agree. And they are 3 players that also haven't helped us get over the play off hump.
Just as well lose a first round play off game with cheaper players....

LysleE

Reaction score
They can be replaced with players that aren’t nearly as good which is what would happen. If it was up to fans like you the Cowboys wouldn’t have any great players because you don’t want to pay anyone. Go ahead and build a budget team full of low priced average players. Good luck winning a championship and filing a stadium with a roster loaded with jags.
To be fair the Cowboys haven’t won a recent championship with a talented roster…