I would not pay Micah or CeeDee

Chasing6

Reaction score
You build a team through great players. A team is 53. Why they hell are you wanting to trade your 1-2 players???

You build around them
The answer is in your own statement.

A team of 53. Not a team of 3. If 3 players take up 50% of the cap, the other 50 players are going to be garbage.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
You build a team through great players and GOOD players. We won't have the cap for those good players soon...
Dallas is considered one of the better drafting teams in the league.

To suggest they cant put talent around a few high paid positions is side stepping math.

Nothing against you...but you know I am right.

Dallas can put solid rookie contracts on the field enabling higher paid players elsewhere. You can argue with me...but you know I am right.

Math says good drafting teams can pay other positions. Are you saying Dallas is bad at drafting?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL lets pay no one because players like to make money, take care of their bodies, and have a say in hat happens to them.

This place reads like a bunch of unfulfilled narcissists.
So speaks one of the ones complaining how this team sucks and can't get past the divisional round of the playoffs. lol

:facepalm:

FanofJerry

Reaction score
The answer is in your own statement.

A team of 53. Not a team of 3. If 3 players take up 50% of the cap, the other 50 players are going to be garbage.
Whats your opinion of the market setting contract by San Fran for a RB?

They hurt themselves by setting that market...so claiming an excuse of the amount of years or how it aligns with Brock contract dont matter...they set the market which will eventually hurt them.

The beloved 49ers...the moneyballers team...set the market at the worst position. What is your opinion? Was it Jerry-esque?

Market setting is ok when you can move the goal post and say "it was a short term contract", right?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dallas is considered one of the better drafting teams in the league.

To suggest they cant put talent around a few high paid positions is side stepping math.

Nothing against you...but you know I am right.

Dallas can put solid rookie contracts on the field enabling higher paid players elsewhere. You can argue with me...but you know I am right.

Math says good drafting teams can pay other positions. Are you saying Dallas is bad at drafting?
You don't build teams through the draft - you hope to hit on a couple of players and then fill holes in FA. You can't keep using the vast majority of your cap on a few select players and then neglect positions in FA due to cap issues...which is what we are dealing with right now with bozo Stephen.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

They hurt themselves by setting that market...so claiming an excuse of the amount of years or how it aligns with Brock contract dont matter...they set the market which will eventually hurt them.

The beloved 49ers...the moneyballers team...set the market at the worst position. What is your opinion? Was it Jerry-esque?

Market setting is ok when you can move the goal post and say "it was a short term contract", right?
49ers are in a win now position. In a couple seasons, you will see them blow it all up and rebuild and be right back in the hunt again.

GMO415

Reaction score
Just my opinion. You could likely get two firsts for Micah if you trade him now. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd for cd. That would give us 7 picks in the top 100 for 2025 draft. You could do a lot with that. Save all the money. 35m for cd, 35 for Micah, 55 m dak. That’s 125,mil for three players. Even if you’re pushing the money down the line. That’s way too much cap space to spend on 3 players that can be replaced.
Didn't DAL give three 1st for WR Roy Williams, and you want to give one-of-the-best "young" WRs for a 3rd?
giphy.gif

FanofJerry

Reaction score
49ers are in a win now position. In a couple seasons, you will see them blow it all up and rebuild and be right back in the hunt again.
That's still side stepping what most consider a bad decision.

It only is acceptable in situations that cowboys aren't allowed to be in?

FanofJerry

Reaction score
You don't build teams through the draft - you hope to hit on a couple of players and then fill holes in FA. You can't keep using the vast majority of your cap on a few select players and then neglect positions in FA due to cap issues...which is what we are dealing with right now with bozo Stephe
disagree. Cowboys are good at draft

plasticman

Reaction score
When discussing a "best" player, their playoff performances must be given a priority.

How did this player perform in the most important games of his career. In what way did this player influence the success of his team?

Which iconic moments did he contribute on the road to a championship?

Do you know which Dallas Cowboy in NFL history has the most sacks in the playoffs? Do you know which Cowboy is tied for most INT's in the playoffs?

Parsons has one sack in four playoff games.

Parsons averages almost 1 sack per game from September to November. He averages a half of a sack in the regular season games played in December and January. He averages a quarter of a sack in the playoffs.

If Parsons was the best defensive player then his sack trend would be going in the opposite direction.

Yes, he's an elite player but he will not be worth the money unless his productivity in the early months extend throughout the playoffs.

Flamma

Reaction score
Na man this league needs qbs. Like him or not Dak is a good qb. We can definitely argue greatness, but that said there is an owner or gm out there who for nothing else would sign him just to sale tickets. I think Dak gets his. The market is stupid.

If he does play out this final year I think there's a great chance he's gone. I dunno, your guess is as good as mine.

Fwiw I'm ready to move on, but that's because I don't believe he will get us to the next level without a strong run game and run defense. We don't appear to be doing enough for that to come to fruition, so I see no point in giving him the bag.

My concern is even if he walks and we save the money it won't actually be invested in talent elsewhere. They seem to be against FA.
You're seeing the exact same thing I'm seeing. Very little difference in opinion. I just think everything points to Dak playing out this year. Their actions up until this point suggest he's playing this year without an extension. It would be like buying fire insurance after your house burned down. He could still get a new deal after the season. But you know what they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Reactions: CWR

Batman1980

Reaction score
Anybody can be replaced. Everyone says the cowboys draft well. So if that’s the case than finding other players or equal talent should not be an issue

Will McClay is the most overrated draft "expert" in the league. How many contributions did we get from the 2023 draft class? Smith might be something this year thanks to Zimmer, same for Overshown. Not holding my breath on Schoonmaker, though.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

It works both ways, though. SF commits significant pay to a top running back, if it ”set the market” every team subsequently signing a running back is going to be spending more than they otherwise would. I wonder if Philly looked at the high caliber wide receivers due for contracts and thought, “let’s get Smith and Brown signed to extensions now, as in, right now”. $32 million AAV deal for Brown knowing full well the Bengals, the Cowboys, the Dolphins, the Texans, the 49ers…etc. will now be spending serious coin to lock down their receivers. And, that’s what is happening. If it adversely affects the team that signs their guy first, it similarly affects teams they may be competing against in the post season. I wonder in McCaffrey’s reps started working on a nice increase for Christian when the Eagles gave oft injured, inconsistent Barkley a sum close to what their client was making?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No WR is worth 35M on a marginal playoff team. If Jerry follows Minnesota into the abyss, he’s dumber than the decision to wait on Jefferson’s “leaf to fall”.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
They need to draft players that hate podcasts and Social media. :lmao:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
So speaks one of the ones complaining how this team sucks and can't get past the divisional round of the playoffs. lol

:facepalm:
Nice, more tit for tat.

Please explain how being frustrated at the playoff performance is comparable to ignoring what people say and fantasizing revenge scenarios.

Hint: the key difference is how the frustration is dealt with.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
When discussing a "best" player, their playoff performances must be given a priority.

How did this player perform in the most important games of his career. In what way did this player influence the success of his team?

Which iconic moments did he contribute on the road to a championship?

Do you know which Dallas Cowboy in NFL history has the most sacks in the playoffs? Do you know which Cowboy is tied for most INT's in the playoffs?

Parsons has one sack in four playoff games.

Parsons averages almost 1 sack per game from September to November. He averages a half of a sack in the regular season games played in December and January. He averages a quarter of a sack in the playoffs.

If Parsons was the best defensive player then his sack trend would be going in the opposite direction.

Yes, he's an elite player but he will not be worth the money unless his productivity in the early months extend throughout the playoffs.
Why, because you say so?

No other team including the playoff and teams we covet do it that way. When the Rams merced up to win a few years ago that didn't happen and the Eagles offseason this year which has been panned as success does not do that.

Frankly, your way just seems a way to guarantee disappointment.