I would not pay Micah or CeeDee

sbark

Reaction score
Best training camp....ooooook

Then MM needs to increase difficulty level.
Take away Daks 1st read with a 12th man
Or give D the cue. Keep adding
Force dak to progress thru play reads now

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I think Micah is worth it. They just need to find some other pieces, DE, DT, LB, S

Flamma

Reaction score
Man I don't know. I still kinda feel like they are gonna get Dak done. Far as Parsons or CD, I trust CD more, but I want to see how Parsons does with Zimmer.
You could be right. But if he has to play out his final year, he's actually playing for another contract from Dallas. We all know he can get one somewhere else.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Biggest injury risk it just seems like it's when will it happen. Those big name guys seem to get one major inquiry in their career with us.

I agree sign Lamb maybe Dak but Micah I'm doubting this and don't think he'll live up to the contract
He reminds me of Zeke for some reason. He is being over used, get a big contract, and will not be able to live up to it.

I am not a fan of giving big contracts for past performance. I need to confidently be able project your future performance.

I feel good about CD and Dak together, not separately. Can't say the same for Micah unfortunately.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Casuals quick opinion...

If you want to money-ball a player, assuming you could get a decent pick or two for him...would Diggs be the guy to try and unload?

He's coming off an injury that might slow him down and has a negative stigma attached to him about his reluctance to tackle.

I have no idea how impactful Diggs play is compared with Bland. I just know that Bland tackles and seems to have some ball hawking instincts.

There have been numerous posters say you keep both Bland and Diggs. I would agree with that. But now the convo is about money(ugh).

I get that having Diggs paired with Bland on a rookie contract is ideal. But..money...ugh.

I would maybe have a conversation about shopping Diggs if it meant keeping Dak, CD and Parsons.

Again...Im not a scout and I dont watch tape...I dont know how impactful Diggs was in taking away a side of a field compared to Bland. Will he be as impactful post injury?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Best training camp....ooooook

Then MM needs to increase difficulty level.
Take away Daks 1st read with a 12th man
Or give D the cue. Keep adding
Force dak to progress thru play reads now
What??? How do you read a defense with a 12th man. Please explain?

FanofJerry

Reaction score
He reminds me of Zeke for some reason. He is being over used, get a big contract, and will not be able to live up to it.

I am not a fan of giving big contracts for past performance. I need to confidently be able project your future performance.

I feel good about CD and Dak together, not separately. Can't say the same for Micah unfortunately.
Ill take the bait.

When do you want to pay a guy? Never?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Casuals quick opinion...

If you want to money-ball a player, assuming you could get a decent pick or two for him...would Diggs be the guy to try and unload?

He's coming off an injury that might slow him down and has a negative stigma attached to him about his reluctance to tackle.

I have no idea how impactful Diggs play is compared with Bland. I just know that Bland tackles and seems to have some ball hawking instincts.

There have been numerous posters say you keep both Bland and Diggs. I would agree with that. But now the convo is about money(ugh).

I get that having Diggs paired with Bland on a rookie contract is ideal. But..money...ugh.

I would maybe have a conversation about shopping Diggs if it meant keeping Dak, CD and Parsons.

Again...Im not a scout and I dont watch tape...I dont know how impactful Diggs was in taking away a side of a field compared to Bland. Will he be as impactful post injury?
I like where your heads at, but its likely that Diggs would carry zero trade value coming off his injury. The time to trade him would have been last offseason. Once you pay these guys their value dips, and injuries on top of that simply kills the rest of it.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Casuals quick opinion...

Yikes! That sounds like stealing from Peter to pay Paul.

I still don't see how they will be able to pay Dak, CeeDee, and Micah this year. Someone is going to have to go if they are going to still have money around to pay for a at least decent supporting cast. I already have my choice of who I would like to see gone. Diggs is not one of them.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I like where your heads at, but its likely that Diggs would carry zero trade value coming off his injury. The time to trade him would have been last offseason. Once you pay these guys their value dips, and injuries on top of that simply kills the rest of it.
I get the NFL doesnt do trades often...but Dallas really couldnt get off Diggs salary at all? Like no one would give a 6th rounder for Diggs and his salary?

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
There is an exception to this. Someone on the team seemed to have defied that odd.

ghst187

Reaction score
Sure but he is under contract this season nonetheless. Last year he looked lost with what GB was doing in the secondary. He might improve in his second year of MM's offense too.
We can only hope…maybe the d won’t no-show too

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I get the NFL doesnt do trades often...but Dallas really couldnt get off Diggs salary at all? Like no one would give a 6th rounder for Diggs and his salary?
Oh you for sure could go a smaller return like that if you just wanted rid of the player. The issue you run into though is you wont be getting a valuable draft pick and you have to eat the dead money from the contract to trade him. I'd have to look up his actual contract terms to know specifics but he probably cost you twice as much against the cap this year if you move him as it would to just have him play for you.

Cap penalties and NFL contracts are a major reason you dont see more veterans traded. You technically can include money in trades but it's a different animal compared to a sport like baseball where you can completely offload a players contract onto the new team.

Nav22

Reaction score
This post reeks of narcissism. Assuming motives and applying those assumptions as if they were true, aka gaslighting.

As if there were no other possible reasons why one would suggest trading assets for a high value return.
CeeDee Lamb for a 2nd and a 3rd is "high value return"?
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Oh you for sure could go a smaller return like that if you just wanted rid of the player. The issue you run into though is you wont be getting a valuable draft pick and you have to eat the dead money from the contract to trade him. I'd have to look up his actual contract terms to know specifics but he probably cost you twice as much against the cap this year if you move him as it would to just have him play for you.

Cap penalties and NFL contracts are a major reason you dont see more veterans traded. You technically can include money in trades but it's a different animal compared to a sport like baseball where you can completely offload a players contract onto the new team.
Are people actually proposing trading Diggs off of a ACL tear?

Selling low is asinine. Now if Diggs comes back to his all pro form then sure you can likely get a lot for 3 years of control of an all pro. Diggs contract is not backloaded.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Are people actually proposing trading Diggs off of a ACL tear?

Selling low is asinine. Now if Diggs comes back to his all pro form then sure you can likely get a lot for 3 years of control of an all pro. Diggs contract is not backloaded.
I was asking about it.

I forgot that NFL contracts have something with the guaranteed money which the offloading team is on the hook for...which makes it harder to offload salary.

My whole point was getting off of risk and salary of a player coming off an injury who also has half the fan base questioning his tackling ability...when we have a young player in same position doing similar things whom also tackles.

Obviously value for a player is a thing. But having 3 top rated player and top impact positions coming due...I was asking if it was worth the convo if it meant keeping the 3 guys up for new contracts. No need for anyone to derail this with "Dak isnt a top talent" talk....his position and the numbers he puts up require large chunks of cap...and he is due for a new contract...and good bus drivers dont grow on trees. Sloppy QB play has casuals turning the channel quick and losing interest in a team quick....which is why GM's pay for average guys.

Anyway...what was so weird about my post? You would stay on that risk and salary if it meant not being able to sign one of the Big 3...because of value? Seems risky to me. NBA seems to treat this stuff differently...but its a different sport with different cap rules. Still...a risky situation on a high salary player...NBA teams will move if they can. My opinion is that Diggs falls under the risky and paid handsomely category. Maybe not to you.

If talk around here suggests Parsons cant get much in a return...I dont think Diggs is getting much for 3 years of control. Getting off his salary and risk for a reasonable return seems like a conversation to have.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What did Raiders get for getting rid of Mack and Coop….nothing lol.
giphy.gif