Idea for how to keep Dak, but also fix this defence

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Do you think Prescott is better than Watson?

I do. I would also say that based on how things around the NFL are done that the next line of starting QB to become FA will end up with more than Watson. Hell is was only a couple of years ago that the talk was of Rodgers and Ryan as the 2 big contracts out there and now those deals no longer look so massive. How can Dallas afford it? same way every other team in the NFL affords it. Teams will renegotiate deals as they move forward to free up cash. Thankfully signing draft choices are not costly as they were before the last contract with NFLPA and Owners.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There will be no problem if you let Dak walk. Dont put yourself under preassure.

Give Dak 25 mils / year for 6 years. If he wont take it TG him and find a trade partner.

Pick up Lawrence in 2021 and roll with him.

There is always a new player. Again: Dont put yourself under preassure!

what for 4 years? then cut him too because the price of QB will rise. 25 mill on a 6year deal, would be bottom money within 3 to 4 years. Within 2 years that 40 mill is not going to top money. Players understand they will hit FA once maybe twice in their career and will look to the market value.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
what for 4 years? then cut him too because the price of QB will rise. 25 mill on a 6year deal, would be bottom money within 3 to 4 years. Within 2 years that 40 mill is not going to top money. Players understand they will hit FA once maybe twice in their career and will look to the market value.

Sorry but i dont understand your point.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@Furboy
1) Cutting Crawford saves nothing. His full salary is guaranteed since he is a vet.
2) Trading Wilson gets a 5th rd pick maybe. I would not trade him. Keep players like that. He may be the emergency QB too.
3) No one is trading for Jarwin at $5M per year and coming off a torn ACL with no proven track record.
4) No one is giving a 1st for Gallup. Plus, Gallup is a keeper. It is a passing league. Keep the good WRs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sorry but i dont understand your point.

The point is at 25 mill is an extreme lowball contract and within 4 years that would be bottom money for a QB in the NFL. Why do we see the market value increase every year? because the market value increases so you would be starting Dak off on a very low in deal well below what the market value is. Hell Dallas was offering top money the only hang up with years on the contract and you are proposing a lowball offer for more years? No player in his right mind would take it.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I watched the Georgia Tech Clemson game when GT gave up 73 points and 52 came before halftime

the coach told the Team he loved them

maybe just maybe the defense needs to be told the same

im desperate
Lmao.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
The point is at 25 mill is an extreme lowball contract and within 4 years that would be bottom money for a QB in the NFL. Why do we see the market value increase every year? because the market value increases so you would be starting Dak off on a very low in deal well below what the market value is. Hell Dallas was offering top money the only hang up with years on the contract and you are proposing a lowball offer for more years? No player in his right mind would take it.

That is my point.

I want to get rid of Prescott AND get high draft picks for him. So i can draft a franchise QB.

If i would givge him a contreact - and thats the only solution to me - it would be so low that i could afford a top team around him.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Lets be honest here...........Dak and his salary have nothing to do with the defense.

Its the GM's inability to draft defensive talent that has been the problem. Along with overpaying for guys like Lawrence, Zeke, Jaylon.

We have also had a 2nd round of Olineman drafted. Williams, McGovern, Biadasz. How has that worked out? Again, nothing to do with Dak.

Dak is the best player on the team by far and deserves every penny he gets.
How can you be the best player when you’re on the IR? This team was 2-3 when he was QBing. And was still turning the ball over. Dak will likely be tagged again next year, unless he gets a outrageous contract from another team that’s willing to invest 2-3 years on guaranteed money. Like I said he likely will be taggeg, and IMO he should be. He DOES deserve every penny he gets though no doubt 100%.

blumayne38

Reaction score
That is my point.

I want to get rid of Prescott AND get high draft picks for him. So i can draft a franchise QB.

If i would givge him a contreact - and thats the only solution to me - it would be so low that i could afford a top team around him.
I agree. And Jerry was thinking the same thing when he tagged Dak

blumayne38

Reaction score
I do. I would also say that based on how things around the NFL are done that the next line of starting QB to become FA will end up with more than Watson. Hell is was only a couple of years ago that the talk was of Rodgers and Ryan as the 2 big contracts out there and now those deals no longer look so massive. How can Dallas afford it? same way every other team in the NFL affords it. Teams will renegotiate deals as they move forward to free up cash. Thankfully signing draft choices are not costly as they were before the last contract with NFLPA and Owners.
Or teams could just change the way they do business with QBs the Franchise tag sways in favor of ownership/team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How can you be the best player when you’re on the IR? This team was 2-3 when he was QBing. And was still turning the ball over. Dak will likely be tagged again next year, unless he gets a outrageous contract from another team that’s willing to invest 2-3 years on guaranteed money. Like I said he likely will be taggeg, and IMO he should be. He DOES deserve every penny he gets though no doubt 100%.

Did you really ask that question about the IR?

Can you be a great player on a bad team? Do some players play well in losses?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I know this is long, and I try to not make long threads. However, when the ideas start rolling, it's kind of hard to keep it from rolling.

Nah good post.

Jarwin.. His value is too low to trade.. I don't think we would get what he is worth.

McCarthy thinks Jarwin is a potential all pro.

Gallup is worth more to us then a 2nd rounder.

If we can trade Gallup for a Minkah Fitzpatrick type of player then i'm all for it but outside of a 1st round pick I wouldn't trade him.

I'm fine with trading Wilson...

I think what we really need to do is part ways with Dak or Zeke..

If Dak can bring us a first rounder then that + money saved could be the quickest fix for this team going forward..

Same with Zeke. Zeke is just a luxury we can't afford..

The miracle of all miracles would be us landing Trevor Lawrence in the draft. It would open a lot of doors that are slamming shut on us right now. We're about to be locked into mediocrity i'm affraid.

The Cowboys claim they are ready to Franchise Tag Dak so maybe Dak decides it's stupid to keep playing football and risk 100 million +.

I wish he would prioritize a championship over the Cowboys getting a solid deal. He wants every penny and he's just not worth that kind of money to begin with but he's taking advantage of a stupid QB market that sinks teams into mediocrity.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

For 25 million you can get a Terry Bridgewater. For 35 million you get Dak. Which one you taking?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nah good post.

Jarwin.. His value is too low to trade.. I don't think we would get what he is worth.

If we can trade Gallup for a Minkah Fitzpatrick type of player then i'm all for it but outside of a 1st round pick I wouldn't trade him.

If Dak can bring us a first rounder then that + money saved could be the quickest fix for this team going forward..

The miracle of all miracles would be us landing Trevor Lawrence in the draft. It would open a lot of doors that are slamming shut on us right now. We're about to be locked into mediocrity i'm affraid.

The Cowboys claim they are ready to Franchise Tag Dak so maybe Dak decides it's stupid to keep playing football and risk 100 million +.

I wish he would prioritize a championship over the Cowboys getting a solid deal. He wants every penny and he's just not worth that kind of money to begin with but he's taking advantage of a stupid QB market that sinks teams into mediocrity.

One problem with your plan.................who is going to play QB genius? Dalton? :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

blumayne38

Reaction score
Did you really ask that question about the IR?

Can you be a great player on a bad team? Do some players play well in losses?
There are a lot of good players on this team. He is NOT the best player. reality is this team is 2-4 and was 2-3 when Dak was in. He’s the maybe best QB in the maybe worst division ever this year. A division in which a team may make it in with a losing record. Pft yeah let’s pay that guy 40 million. Crazy.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Again, fixing the defense has nothing to do with paying Dak or cutting salaries. The issue is NOT money.
You cannot build a good defense through free agency, where you are signing guys off injury, at the end of careers, or to record contracts.

It is very easy to keep our current offense together, draft for defense, and maybe sign or trade for 1-2 players if needed. Dallas is in great CAP shape, and that won’t change by paying Dak.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Nah good post.

I believe this is the ultimate decision...