If Bosa, Elliot and Ramsey are all there

slick325

Reaction score
I would be surprised if this is the case BUT...I think the choice would come down to Bosa or Ramsey. They would likely pick Ramsey in that scenario.

jday

Reaction score
We'd be stupid not to take the "transcendent" player as Sydla proclaims... Ezekiel.

I'm not sure I'd use the word transcendent, but I will say he could potentially help both sides of the ball more than any other player available.

robjay04

Reaction score
Ramsey would really be a no brainer pick. It's not the pick I want but he fills an immediate need and he is ranked the best player in the draft by some.

Now if the top 3 consists of Goff/Wentz/Ramsey...I want Elliott.

jday

Reaction score
I would love Elliott in a Cowboys uniform...I make no qualms about that. So you jday...get kudos and a like.

In the draft forum, I predicted "if" the Cowboys draft Zeke, they will give him the #22. I get that it's a pipe dream and I recognize that they have more glaring needs particularly on the defensive side the ball, but no other 1 player at 1 position is going to help the entire team like Zeke would.

jday

Reaction score
Ramsey would really be a no brainer pick. It's not the pick I want but he fills an immediate need and he is ranked the best player in the draft by some.

Now if the top 3 consists of Goff/Wentz/Ramsey...I want Elliott.

I get the Ramsey love, and I wouldn't necessarily be upset with that pick. But here is my question: Who helps the whole team more? A guy who most likely will be moved to Safety or a guy who can help sustain drives and keep the defense off the field?

That is why, for me, Elliott is the no brainer, but admittedly, I'm not an expert otherwise I would not be on this site to begin with.

slick325

Reaction score
In the draft forum, I predicted "if" the Cowboys draft Zeke, they will give him the #22. I get that it's a pipe dream and I recognize that they have more glaring needs particularly on the defensive side the ball, but no other 1 player at 1 position is going to help the entire team like Zeke would.

I think that due to the circumstances he would come into in Dallas, Elliott would be special. Most RB's don't get drafted this early to a team with a Pro Bowl QB, Pro Bowl WR, Pro Bowl TE and an OL with multiple Pro Bowl players. Elliott in Dallas specifically is a "perfect storm" type situation. I think he could be special with the Giants as well actually because of Eli and Odell.

He is going to be a very good player in the League regardless but that doesn't necessarily mean he will be special.

robjay04

Reaction score
I get the Ramsey love, and I wouldn't necessarily be upset with that pick. But here is my question: Who helps the whole team more? A guy who most likely will be moved to Safety or a guy who can help sustain drives and keep the defense off the field?

That is why, for me, Elliott is the no brainer, but admittedly, I'm not an expert otherwise I would not be on this site to begin with.

I completely agree, I'm not in love with Ramsey but reports are the team does and he fills an immediate need. I am with you though, I take Elliott. If you grade Elliott as a top 5 player in the draft---you take him over Zeke just because quality corners are much harder to find than quality running backs.

fishspill

Reaction score
If it were Jerry picking I'd say Bosa due to the Mo disaster. Now I'm not sure. I'd go Bosa, but Ramsey is the popular selection.

Elliot isn't in the conversation and no one will care when the 2017 RB class starts declaring.

jday

Reaction score
I completely agree, I'm not in love with Ramsey but reports are the team does and he fills an immediate need. I am with you though, I take Elliott. If you grade Elliott as a top 5 player in the draft---you take him over Zeke just because quality corners are much harder to find than quality running backs.

Sound argument you fielded there. But here's the other thing: In my opinion, if the Cowboys pick Ramsey over Elliott, they have fixed nothing. 1 player on defense just does not have that type of impact on the overall product. The Cowboys have holes at every level on that side of the ball. But, the wonders an electric running game has is another story all together. A strong running game makes the whole team look good and tangibly play better. Which is why I really do not understand this notion that Rb's shouldn't be drafted in the top of the draft. The only other position that has more of an impact on the entire team than Runningback is Quarterback...and honestly, I'm not sure there is a quarterback in this draft better at his craft than Zeke is at his.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd use the word transcendent, but I will say he could potentially help both sides of the ball more than any other player available.

I dont understand this argument at all. How does a RB help a defense with an offense that was already near the top in the league in TOP in 2015?

We saw why our defense was "helped" in 2014 and not 2015, and that was simple. Tony Romo.

If we really want to help the offense then a top WR at our 2nd pick would do more than Zeke.

Give me Tony, Dez, our OL and some real defensive talent if you want to actually win games.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Sound argument you fielded there. But here's the other thing: In my opinion, if the Cowboys pick Ramsey over Elliott, they have fixed nothing. 1 player on defense just does not have that type of impact on the overall product. The Cowboys have holes at every level on that side of the ball. But, the wonders an electric running game has is another story all together. A strong running game makes the whole team look good and tangibly play better. Which is why I really do not understand this notion that Rb's shouldn't be drafted in the top of the draft. The only other position that has more of an impact on the entire team than Runningback is Quarterback...and honestly, I'm not sure there is a quarterback in this draft better at his craft than Zeke is at his.

That is the general point.

It is not the RB at four idea at all.

It is getting a player that is about as close to professional NFL quality, right now.

Best. Player. Available. As everyone tries to pretend they believe in it.

Not best athlete. Let's be clear.

The player best at his position in doing their specific job, in every way.

Elliott checks those boxes.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Could be a scenario where Both QBs and Ramsey are gone. If that happens I go Bosa (would be totally fine with Elliott though).

Alexander

Reaction score
I dont understand this argument at all. How does a RB help a defense that was already near the top in the league in TOP in 2015?

We saw why our defense was "helped" in 2014 and not 2015, and that was simple. Tony Romo.

If we really want to help the offense then a top WR at our 2nd pick would do more than Zeke.

Give me Tony, Dez, our OL and some real defensive talent if you want to actually win games.

More denial in what actually fueled the dream season of 2014.

Romo enjoyed his best season because he did not have to carry the load.

It allowed him for the first time in his career to feel that he did not have to win games himself.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

You DO NOT compete for titles with a crap defense. Ramsey would make our entire defense better. We need him or Jack. I'd be all in if there was an absolute stud pass rushing DE available, but he isn't available in this draft at # 4. I'm all for drafting a back in rounds 2-4, but not at #4.

fishspill

Reaction score
If it's Bosa, I will be livid.

Yeah, I get the hesitation with him and I can't fault you too much.

I just dream of him getting picked at #4 and then the Cowboys selecting Spence in the 20s if he falls. The 2 new draft choices meeting on stage in a too-long embrace and "Reunited" blaring on the speakers. Somewhere Eli dukes up his drawers...

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Me either. I think one of these guys lands up at FS and the other at CB, which would still be very cool.

Cool but still so much resources to put into cb. Carr, Scandrick, Claibourne, Ramsey, Jones on the pitch at once sounds quite juicy.

Alexander

Reaction score
You DO NOT compete for titles with a crap defense. Ramsey would make our entire defense better.

In what way?

Please be specific and as technical as you can. That would be really nice.

Otherwise, get in line with the "he's a freak!" crowd.