If Bosa, Elliot and Ramsey are all there

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cool but still so much resources to put into cb. Carr, Scandrick, Claibourne, Ramsey, Jones on the pitch at once sounds quite juicy.

Well, I think that if we draft a DB, then we see Carr gone so that will help somewhat but you are right. It's a passing League I guess.

jnday

Reaction score
I dont understand this argument at all. How does a RB help a defense with an offense that was already near the top in the league in TOP in 2015?

We saw why our defense was "helped" in 2014 and not 2015, and that was simple. Tony Romo.

If we really want to help the offense then a top WR at our 2nd pick would do more than Zeke.

Give me Tony, Dez, our OL and some real defensive talent if you want to actually win games.

No, Zeke will keep the defense off the field and be a playmaker. He also catches and blocks well.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Maybe, but I won't be one of them. In my mind a dynamic running back and an ultra-skilled offensive line can grind their way to a title even in this day and age. Make no mistake I find Elliot to be an excellent RB, he's a pre-injury Willis McGahee and even with the injury that man was a player.

Elliot would have the most impact short term on the team; however I think there are a greater number of impact RBs next year that can accomplish for this team what Elliot can this year and for the years to come, but we won't likely be able to get a DL that can impact the future of the team like Bosa. I have a much higher regard for Bosa than most and may prove to be very wrong. I can only go with what I'm seeing and feeling.

I think Bosa is a heck of a player. I just think that he's a player at a position where we have a lot of guys already (Strong Side DE).

fishspill

Reaction score
I think Bosa is a heck of a player. I just think that he's a player at a position where we have a lot of guys already (Strong Side DE).

I think DLaw is a natural right DE so the move only helps him and the team. He was a trooper and got better than I thought on the left. He should be a mix of annoyed and excited he'll get the chance to show off from the right. More money to be made there.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No, Zeke will keep the defense off the field and be a playmaker. He also catches and blocks well.

FIrst downs keep the defense off the field. We are already converting short yardage through the run efficiently. What Zeke gives over what we already have are cheap TDs on breakaways which doesn't keep the defense off the field.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I have to go with Ramsey. Combine him with Byron Jones and we have the beginnings of a revamped secondary that we've been craving for years. And with Scandy's return we could be pretty decent this year.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Honestly, regardless of how the draft turns out, it's a great time to be a Cowboy Fan. If we stay at 4, no matter if it's Bosa or Ramsey or one of the QBs or Tunsil or even Zeke, we are going to get one hell of a Football Player and they will help our team.

I'm excited!

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I dont understand this argument at all. How does a RB help a defense with an offense that was already near the top in the league in TOP in 2015?

We saw why our defense was "helped" in 2014 and not 2015, and that was simple. Tony Romo.

If we really want to help the offense then a top WR at our 2nd pick would do more than Zeke.

Give me Tony, Dez, our OL and some real defensive talent if you want to actually win games.

They also had a worse defense and Romo in 14 and went 12-4. So IMOA non play making athlete at 4 won't all of a sudden become a pro bowl ball hawk in the NFL.

Elliot would be my pick, but I still think Clevleand passes at QB and we still have a shot at one of them.

superonyx

Reaction score
Ramsey told ESPN today that we have shown him the most interest by far.
Based on his comments it doesn't seem like Cleveland or San Diego are as interested as we are.

We may end up with B Jones and Ramsey at both Corners...very athletic guys.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I think Jack would make the most impact.. If the medical staff clears him. He's the most versatile, athletic football player out there.. LB, Safety, RB.. Belichick would use this kid like a Swiss Army knife.

jday

Reaction score
Yeah, I get the hesitation with him and I can't fault you too much.

I just dream of him getting picked at #4 and then the Cowboys selecting Spence in the 20s if he falls. The 2 new draft choices meeting on stage in a too-long embrace and "Reunited" blaring on the speakers. Somewhere Eli dukes up his drawers...
If my dream doesn't come true and the cowboys don't address RB at all I'm going to add to my profile: Tank Fournette!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think Jack would make the most impact.. If the medical staff clears him. He's the most versatile, athletic football player out there.. LB, Safety, RB.. Belichick would use this kid like a Swiss Army knife.

Yes, but we don't have Belichick last I checked.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
I'd take EE and see if you couldn't get Romo a ring. I'd prefer a QB.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Bosa but Elliot would impact this team immediatly IMO. Sucks to have the #4 in this particular draft :(