If Bosa, Elliot and Ramsey are all there

superonyx

Reaction score
Doesn't both Ramsey and Byron Jones play the best at the same safety position?
Everything I read say Dallas prefers B Jones as a safety over a CB...people seem to also say Ramsey will be a tweener player just like Jones....

I'm not sure this is the best move.....

But I really don't want Bosa....

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
who gets picked? Looking more likely with QBs going 1 and 2, and good possibility of Tunsil at 3. If we get an offer to move down a few picks that would ideal. But if a trade isn't on the table, who gets picked.

I say Bosa....but I'd prefer the other two.

I would take Zeke and watch him rookie of the year and push to set some records.

I think the Cowboys take Ramsey and play him at CB even though he should be teamed up with B. Jones at safety

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
More denial in what actually fueled the dream season of 2014.

Romo enjoyed his best season because he did not have to carry the load.

It allowed him for the first time in his career to feel that he did not have to win games himself.

Just completely ignoring that we're going to be able to let Romo feel like he doesn't have to win the game even without Zeke?

We proves that last year. We were near the top of the league in TOP and we're on most every game through halftime or more.

We don't need a back and get an impact performer at rb much later I'm the draft if we so choose.

But by all means continue to ignore the facts.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
who gets picked? Looking more likely with QBs going 1 and 2, and good possibility of Tunsil at 3. If we get an offer to move down a few picks that would ideal. But if a trade isn't on the table, who gets picked.

No question Ramsey

slick325

Reaction score
If it were Jerry picking I'd say Bosa due to the Mo disaster. Now I'm not sure. I'd go Bosa, but Ramsey is the popular selection.

Elliot isn't in the conversation and no one will care when the 2017 RB class starts declaring.

Fish...with the way that most devalue the RB position, no one will acknowledge the value of the 2017 RB class either.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I am not so sure that QBs are going 1 and 2. However, if they did and those three players were there, I think it's Ramsey without question. All kinds of reports out there that if a QB is not there, the Cowboys like Ramsey. Maybe even if a QB is still there.

I agree with you. I'm not convinced the Browns go QB either. I can see them taking Ramsey. So Wentz could actually fall to us.. although I'm hoping not.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
if those are the choices and no QB available (Wentz or Goff)

Cowboys will pick Bosa
I would pick Elliott

fishspill

Reaction score
Fish...with the way that most devalue the RB position, no one will acknowledge the value of the 2017 RB class either.

Maybe, but I won't be one of them. In my mind a dynamic running back and an ultra-skilled offensive line can grind their way to a title even in this day and age. Make no mistake I find Elliot to be an excellent RB, he's a pre-injury Willis McGahee and even with the injury that man was a player.

Elliot would have the most impact short term on the team; however I think there are a greater number of impact RBs next year that can accomplish for this team what Elliot can this year and for the years to come, but we won't likely be able to get a DL that can impact the future of the team like Bosa. I have a much higher regard for Bosa than most and may prove to be very wrong. I can only go with what I'm seeing and feeling.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Just completely ignoring that we're going to be able to let Romo feel like he doesn't have to win the game even without Zeke?

We proves that last year.

We didn't "proves that last year". I saw a Romo without a dependable runner feeling like he has most of his tenure in Dallas.

We stole the opener thanks to him, as we have numerous other games over the years. He won that himself. Had to. Again. Because he had to.

But by all means continue to ignore the facts.

The fact we won TOP last year means zero to me. All I want is what makes Romo successful and was is the best thing for him at the conclusion of his career.

That design does not include drafting a CB, who actually really isn't a CB, maybe he is a safety, I am not sure, but hey he's a beast!

Only a fool would throw the ball more last year in that wasted season with the collection of garbage we had taking snaps.

We leaned on the OL and hoped for the best. Hence, the statistical side effect.[/quote]

slick325

Reaction score
Maybe, but I won't be one of them. In my mind a dynamic running back and an ultra-skilled offensive line can grind their way to a title even in this day and age. Make no mistake I find Elliot to be an excellent RB, he's a pre-injury Willis McGahee and even with the injury that man was a player.

Elliot would have the most impact short term on the team; however I think there are a greater number of impact RBs next year that can accomplish for this team what Elliot can this year and for the years to come, but we won't likely be able to get a DL that can impact the future of the team like Bosa. I have a much higher regard for Bosa than most and may prove to be very wrong. I can only go with what I'm seeing and feeling.

#Respect

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
We didn't "proves that last year". I saw a Romo without a dependable runner feeling like he has most of his tenure in Dallas.

We stole the opener thanks to him, as we have numerous other games over the years. He won that himself. Had to. Again. Because he had to.

The fact we won TOP last year means zero to me. All I want is what makes Romo successful and was is the best thing for him at the conclusion of his career.

That design does not include drafting a CB, who actually really isn't a CB, maybe he is a safety, I am not sure, but hey he's a beast!

Only a fool would throw the ball more last year in that wasted season with the collection of garbage we had taking snaps.

We leaned on the OL and hoped for the best. Hence, the statistical side effect.
[/quote]

I also like this strawman you construct as well. It goes like this....if we draft Ramsey at #4 we somehow have put our faith in Romo having to win every game for us.

How is life in a world of only black and white?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

I would guess Ramsey is number one on the Cowboy board..

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Lets say he is...hes still not worth drafting in the first for dallas.

Agreed, it may be cliche being their both from ohio state but I think his ceiling is Eddie George. George had an excellent career, but would you draft him 4th overall?

jnday

Reaction score
Ramsey should far and away be the choice.

Freak Athlete with a good head on his shoulders and a nack for making plays.

But his turnovers don't amount to much. He will fit in good in Dallas.