If CLE trades for Mariota, does Jerry trade for Manziel?

jnday

Reaction score
So you can't or won't answer the question. I watched plenty of his games. He has some talent. I don't see special talent.

Nothing against your talent evaluation, but I will take the scouts evaluations much more seriously. Remember, I am not a Manziel fan-boy. I never watched a comets game that he played in, but the times that I did watch him, he showed some unique talent. Three years ago, I would have trusted anybody's opinion over the Cowboy scouts, but the scouts have done a good job in the last couple drafts.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Nothing against your talent evaluation, but I will take the scouts evaluations much more seriously. Remember, I am not a Manziel fan-boy. I never watched a comets game that he played in, but the times that I did watch him, he showed some unique talent. Three years ago, I would have trusted anybody's opinion over the Cowboy scouts, but the scouts have done a good job in the last couple drafts.

You still have not said what that unique or special talent was. What does he do that makes him special?

Brandon Weeden is in Dallas because of scout evaluations. Every player is in Dallas because of scout evaluations. It doesn't mean they are always right. Many of the opinions on this message board are due to disagreements with the scouts.

Craig

Reaction score
Manziel moved well in college. Even then you could see it wasnt going to be faster than nfl pass rushers.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
So you can't or won't answer the question. I watched plenty of his games. He has some talent. I don't see special talent.

I don't see any special talent either. I see a smaller and less talented RGIII. Not Russell Wilson or Cam Newton.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Fans have not seen him sober or dedicated to being the best QB that he can possibly be. For the posters that think I have an agenda, I have never watched a complete game with him as QB.

You would think that this would be enough of a reason to stay clear of him

jnday

Reaction score
You still have not said what that unique or special talent was. What does he do that makes him special?

Brandon Weeden is in Dallas because of scout evaluations. Every player is in Dallas because of scout evaluations. It doesn't mean they are always right. Many of the opinions on this message board are due to disagreements with the scouts.

I think if you watch his college games, his talent shines through. Great escape ability, he has a good arm, but nothing extraordinary , he is very good under pressure. and he has many more intangibles that not common. If he stays sober , every part of his game should improve.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I think if you watch his college games, his talent shines through. Great escape ability, he has a good arm, but nothing extraordinary , he is very good under pressure. and he has many more intangibles that not common. If he stays sober , every part of his game should improve.

College games aren't the NFL. Manziel will amount to nothing at the professional level.

joseephuss

Reaction score

No, his special talent did not shine through in my opinion and I watched most of the games he played in college. He reminded me of guys like Ty Detmer, Andre Ware, Colt McCoy and many other similar type college QBs.

burmafrd

Reaction score

being able to escape and pull of plays in college is one thing- doing it in the pros is a totally different situation. We saw that last year; he did not get away and he could not just throw it up to wrs that were clearly superior to their coverage.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
What is his special skill set? What exactly do you see him do that countless other college QBs who have failed at the NFL level did not have? I really am curious because I'm not seeing it. When I think of special skill set I think of Andrew Luck and guys similar to him.

As far as I could tell, his special skill was randomly tossing it up and having Mike Evans bail him out.

jnday

Reaction score
No, his special talent did not shine through in my opinion and I watched most of the games he played in college. He reminded me of guys like Ty Detmer, Andre Ware, Colt McCoy and many other similar type college QBs.

That ischium opinion and there is a good chance he fails. If he is sober and changes his approach to the game, it is possible that he can play much better. There is no way that any of us can judge him if he is sober. None of us knows how he could play. There is talent there, or there are a ton of scouts that are wrong. My whole point is that nobody knows how he can play sober because he would be s different person. I have seen people turn their life around before. I have noticed that many posters act as if they would like to see him fail.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I have noticed that many posters act as if they would like to see him fail.

Absolutely right about that and I would think primarily becuz JFF has acted like such a back end of a horse he has brot it upon himself.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I resisted opening this thread for three days but couldn't take it any longer.

I have no willpower.

jnday

Reaction score
Absolutely right about that and I would think primarily becuz JFF has acted like such a back end of a horse he has brot it upon himself.

I agree that his immature behavior does not make him a popular person. I have never seen a player that gets blasted for partying any more than Manziel though. He is a young kid with tons of money and he likes to have a good time. I can't blame him. The way he conducts himself as a pro football player is another matter though. He needs to grow up. When it comes to talent, too many fans dislike him as a QB because of his off field issues. He may be an ******* , but that doesn't mean that all of these scouts are wrong about his potential.

Reaction score
Manziel plays a position that is in very high demand and is hard to evaluate. Just a flicker of talent and some notoriety guarantees big mouth talking heads will hype him up (especially former NFL types who get paid to give the hype credibility). Some team in need will roll the dice on these guys. I enjoyed watching Manziel do his Benny Hill chase scene routine in college but everything about his game screams "college only".

Iron_Man

KevinU
Reaction score
Since we seem interested in picking a rookie QB as a backup/developmental QB, is there an offer from CLE that Jerry could not refuse? 4th rounder this year and a conditional pick next year?

I have not seen much to like from Manziel yet in the NFL, but maybe he's been humbled a bit by rehab and would be OK backing up and learning (and maybe having some speciality plays) for 3 years behind Romo. Would that be better than Bryce Petty in the 3rd or Sean Manion/Garrett Grayson in the 4th?

No, I would rather get the All Recess Team QB from down the street at the local middle school.

jnday

Reaction score
I don't know Manziel on a personal level, but I have ran in the same circles as some of his family members. I would like to see him make everybody eat their words. Especially the ones that made their mind up and never give him a chance.