If Dak can't throw, how do you explain 2016?

Haimerej

Reaction score
Naw,I personally like what that AKOYE MEDIA CAT PUTS OUT& LAYS DOWN,,,:thumbup:

* although, mileages may vary, dependent upon ones chosen route& driven speed while competing in the quest of fandom, as I can actually sit a listen/watch the majority of his posted stuff,,,and thats speaks big heaps from a short attention span,ya knowo_O
:starspin::lmao::starspin:

I like him better than ****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE***. Haven't watched LN in a while because he seemed to just do highlights. Everybody was going to be great according to him. Maybe he's gotten better.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Here's nfl.com's scouting report after his senior year at Miss. St.

"Beat up this year thanks to poor protection. When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard. Not as competitive a rusher in 2015. Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll. Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers. Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply. Pocket poise has been compromised. Hyper aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw. Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions. Must speed up the pace of his reads. Footwork is a mess. Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift. Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body. Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws. Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense. Needs to improve anticipation."

In the second half 2017, just as in 2015, he was often getting hit on a regular basis. This obviously gets in his head, and it explains numbers like these:

Prescott 2017-18
with all 5 OL starters playing most of game
212 of 338 2464 yd (7.3 ypa) 21 td 6 int 98.0
without
98 of 151 851 yd (5.6 ypa) 0 td 7 int 60.3

Those numbers have nothing to do with 2016, or with Romo, or with Sanchez.

He needs a good psychiatrist or an OL he can trust.

So now he needs a psychiatrist? Geez how bout just finding a new QB with a better mental makeup.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Dak just needs to fire himself up and anticipate. He's got to protect the ball but right now he has to show defenses he can hurt them by loading up in the box.

He's going to be better this game. Let's just get to Sunday. That offense looked out of sync in a lot of ways and it's not because of the play calling. The cohesion is not there yet. It will develop. Has to be soon though.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
They found out he didn't want to throw past 8 yards.
Ya,but the DUDE can step up into it& damn ner' sail it 70 yards,,,It's mentally perplexing to me as to the WHY he ain't got a primary target zeroed& locked in,within a the first couple of seconds& that safety 'dump-off' supplementary secondary target of short ranged gain,,,OR,THEN JUST FLAT-OUT YARDBALL HOOF IT FORWARD for positive yardage gains,,,er,,,as an occasional back handed ball flip to the #21 choogalooing with a full head of steam in an opposite diagonal vector would be a beautiful sight to behold,ya knowo_O:starspin:o_O

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Ya,but the DUDE can step up into it& damn ner' sail it 70 yards,,,It's mentally perplexing to me as to the WHY he ain't got a primary target zeroed& locked in,within a the first couple of seconds& that safety 'dump-off' supplementary secondary target of short ranged gain,,,OR,THEN JUST FLAT-OUT YARDBALL HOOF IT FORWARD for positive yardage gains,,,er,,,as an occasional back handed ball flip to the #21 choogalooing with a full head of steam in an opposite diagonal vector would be a beautiful sight to behold,ya knowo_O:starspin:o_O
I've been singing this tune for 3 years now.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
That was a QB playing off his own strengths and the strengths of others. Now I see a QB that was told that if he plays “fundamental football” and “goes back to the basics” he should win games.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Everything I’ve ever heard is that Dak looks bad to mediocre in practice. Always has apparently. So what happened in 2016? Fluke. Perfect storm. Other teams figured him out. Take your pick.

What we know ks that Dak isn’t the first qb to play well early and fall off a cliff. In fact, lots and lots of QBs have done that, not just RGIII. If Dak doesn’t figure it out soon, he’ll end up in Quincy carter territory.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Watch this video Sam will answer all your questions if you dare to watch the truth.....

This is a great analysis! I owe linehan an apology too. If the boys had a competent and able thrower, they would have marched up and down the field. Dak is just not seeing the field or can't read the field. I'm sorry but hes just not the guy for this offense. Its pretty depressing to think that you could be a good qb away from having a great offense. All those "no name" ball catchers were consistently getting open........they were running great routes.......good job San Jay lal

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I know any QB is not taking us to the playoffs under garrett, not even romo could... and he was a probowler/ on field OC .

lukin2006

Reaction score
Does anyone honestly believe there is much coaching that takes place on this team. Dak was not the player that has regressed under this staff...

I think if the O is horrible on Sunday, Linehan might be gone. For all the RM criticism, at least when given players to work with, the D looks competent and improves...

losersgetcute

Reaction score
Dak was given fewer options that season, don’t you believe that Tony helped him with his in game options, either directly or indirectly communicated through to Linehan / Wilson?

Beyond the novelty of Dak and Zeke, there was something more programmed adjusted and simplified about Dak’s snaps that year.
To put it short, they are trying to get too cute...I think they need to incorporate heavy formations with real speed at reciever...that way when they stack the box trying to pressure Dak into passing...they get what they ask for...go or hitch routes ran by Austin and Gallup where all Dak has to do is read the safety if the run is not there for Zeke or Jamize...He has the arm to sling the ball for touchdowns galore on 9 routes where guys just run to the ball that is thrown straight upfield...they don't threaten with multiple options enough to scare defenses...they would rather drop him back in the pocket...teams know he is not a pocket passer...and they send exotic blitzes and at times they send 4 man pressure showing 7...and still get the sack because the plays in this system are not friendly to being able to run a bootleg...this o line takes plays off

zeke21

Reaction score
Took Dak 3 weeks to throw his 1st TD. Cause he was so good.
So many forget this. Even the 'magical' 2016 run wasn't actually all on Dak until the media started to pump the stories.

early on it was establish on the back of an exceptional run game, with Zeke putting up 100+ yards every game. then when the D stacked the box, we simplified the O for dak.. he wasn't calling audibles etc etc.. he was restricted to screen passes, bubble routes and simple check downs. Also he was using his legs to pick up some easy first downs.

We also had a few games where it didn't look good in the first half but we eventually wore down the D and came with the surge late in games.

We NEVER won football games because teams were afraid of Dak's arm.. never. So many sheep bought into the hysteria when those who were really paying attention could see the glaring holes. Hence why we spent so long pleading, praying and hoping Romo would come back.

Since we dumped Romo.. gave Dak extended play calling etc.. we have seen the hot garbage he produces. He still can't read the D at all.. has no arm strength and without Zeke pounding the rock for 100 and wearing out the D.. he looks ineffectual.

2016 was indeed the somewhat perfect storm.. had we bought back Romo it could have been the perfect season but alas.. our time has passed. Sadly we have no viable options to replace Dak right now.. but I would be getting the cheque book out and hunting. Put a decent QB into the line up and we still could save this season.