If Dak can't throw, how do you explain 2016?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I paid attention to what was happening that season. It was well reported that it was him and Sanchez who had the strong bond. Romo helped but it was Sanchez who was Dak’s primary mentor. There were plenty of times Romo was seen sitting on the bench alone in street clothes holding an iPad nowhere near Dak, but Sanchez was always right there. This claim that it was Romo is people trying to artificially pump up Romo’s value to the team. I find it laughable because even when it is pointed out the Romo lovers continue their false narrative.

Except for Dak himself.

I find it funny that people actually believe butt fumble coached up Dak Prescott.

I’ll believe Dak not the coaches who in their infinite wisdom kept the better player on the bench when he was needed most.

We can go round and round with this. I’ve my opinion and you have yours and Romo is gone.

Let’s hope Dak improves.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is not dogging Dak as this was a different player Ina different time for a different team.

With that said... Just because you have an outstanding rookie season it does not mean you will go on to enjoy a good career as a staring QB.

Remember Rick Mirer. Taken second over after Bledsoe and IIRC won Rookie of the year with a pretty decent rookie year only to go down hill from there.

Doomsay

Reaction score
I paid attention to what was happening that season. It was well reported that it was him and Sanchez who had the strong bond. Romo helped but it was Sanchez who was Dak’s primary mentor. There were plenty of times Romo was seen sitting on the bench alone in street clothes holding an iPad nowhere near Dak, but Sanchez was always right there. This claim that it was Romo is people trying to artificially pump up Romo’s value to the team. I find it laughable because even when it is pointed out the Romo lovers continue their false narrative.

Dak was given fewer options that season, don’t you believe that Tony helped him with his in game options, either directly or indirectly communicated through to Linehan / Wilson?

Beyond the novelty of Dak and Zeke, there was something more programmed adjusted and simplified about Dak’s snaps that year.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Except for Dak himself.

I find it funny that people actually believe butt fumble coached up Dak Prescott.

I’ll believe Dak not the coaches who in their infinite wisdom kept the better player on the bench when he was needed most.

We can go round and round with this. I’ve my opinion and you have yours and Romo is gone.

Let’s hope Dak improves.
Dak himself did speak of Romo and that Romo helped and even said he was amazing. He did not indicated Romo helped the most or was the biggest helper. He even specifically mentioned he never really made it uncomfortable and that’s why he commends Romo. That is not high praise for a mentor. Sounds to me he was trying to give a non controversial answer.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/am...ff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp

It was spoken about often how Mark and Dak had developed a bond. Here is an article. This was also spoken about during the season.

http://www.espn.com/blog/onenacion/post/_/id/6045/the-dak-prescott-and-mark-sanchez-connection

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dak was given fewer options that season, don’t you believe that Tony helped him with his in game options, either directly or indirectly communicated through to Linehan / Wilson?

Beyond the novelty of Dak and Zeke, there was something more programmed adjusted and simplified about Dak’s snaps that year.
Yes, Romo did help. He just wasn’t Daks primary mentor and doesn’t deserve the majority of credit people are tying to give him credit for.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Except for Dak himself.

Let’s hope Dak improves.

Well what about Kellen Moore being Dak's quarterback coach :)

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yea don’t run into your center’s arse.
Hopefully Romo taught him not to rush up to the line and run a QB sneak trying to pick up the first down when the first down was already obtained. 2nd and 9.5 yards to go.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its easy, he was told what to call his first year. They are making him read defenses and make the call on the line now.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Here's nfl.com's scouting report after his senior year at Miss. St.

"Beat up this year thanks to poor protection. When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard. Not as competitive a rusher in 2015. Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll. Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers. Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply. Pocket poise has been compromised. Hyper aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw. Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions. Must speed up the pace of his reads. Footwork is a mess. Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift. Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body. Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws. Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense. Needs to improve anticipation."

In the second half 2017, just as in 2015, he was often getting hit on a regular basis. This obviously gets in his head, and it explains numbers like these:

Prescott 2017-18
with all 5 OL starters playing most of game
212 of 338 2464 yd (7.3 ypa) 21 td 6 int 98.0
without
98 of 151 851 yd (5.6 ypa) 0 td 7 int 60.3

Those numbers have nothing to do with 2016, or with Romo, or with Sanchez.

He needs a good psychiatrist or an OL he can trust.

zerofill

Reaction score
Haven't we advanced enough in science that we could just grow our own QB?

A little DNA from Brady, Brees, Aikman, Romo, Staubach, Montana, Farve, P. Manning, Warner, Marino, Rodgers, all rolled up into one petri dish.

Boom... manufacture our own QB.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
This is not dogging Dak as this was a different player Ina different time for a different team.

With that said... Just because you have an outstanding rookie season it does not mean you will go on to enjoy a good career as a staring QB.

Remember Rick Mirer. Taken second over after Bledsoe and IIRC won Rookie of the year with a pretty decent rookie year only to go down hill from there.
Good point !

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do I explain a season where he was carried by his supporting cast making easy, safe throws when he needed to?

He gets credit for being composed and managing the offense as a rookie but he did not show any franchise QB skills beyond that.

BTW, he was the league MVP around here then.

You got to love you guys.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A little DNA from Brady, Brees, Aikman, Romo, Staubach, Montana, Farve, P. Manning, Warner, Marino, Rodgers, all rolled up into one petri dish.

If Jerry really cared about winning he'd offer Charlotte to Archie Manning.

You'd probably have to get him drunk though.

Last edited:

Haimerej

Reaction score

Baked in the womb of Catelyn Jenner.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Here's some free All 22.

Watch for yourselves. Guys were open all day in the intermediate range. Mute Akoye if you don't like him, but the video evidence is there.
Naw,I personally like what that AKOYE MEDIA CAT PUTS OUT& LAYS DOWN,,,:thumbup:

* although, mileages may vary, dependent upon ones chosen route& driven speed while competing in the quest of fandom, as I can actually sit a listen/watch the majority of his posted stuff,,,and thats speaks big heaps from a short attention span,ya knowo_O
:starspin::lmao::starspin:

Haimerej

Reaction score
How do I explain a season where he was carried by his supporting cast making easy, safe throws when he needed to?

He gets credit for being composed and managing the offense as a rookie but he did not show any franchise QB skills beyond that.

BTW, he was the league MVP around here then.

You got to love you guys.

I kept getting told he had the highest QBR, most wins, etc. I started referring to him as The Greatest QB of All Time because his acolytes were basically saying stats were all that mattered.