If Dak dominates like he did in 2019 does Dallas trade Dalton?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Romo had arguably one of the worst defenses and olines in NFL history for some years. Dak has never had a legitimately bad team. I hate these comparisons.

We can name all the RBs Dak has had, I bet many of you here forgot all the backs we went through. No comparison.

Prove it.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't understand questions like these.

Unless he plays a lot, Dalton's salary is 3 mil.

Now, ask yourself, what do backup QB's get paid in the NFL?????? Think about that really hard before you start a thread asking this type of question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Prove it.
? This is a well known fact. Man, you must've been sleeping under a rock from 2010 to 2012. The OL didn't get appreciably better until we drafted Fredsy in 2013. Before that, Costa looked like he was on skates, consistently getting pushed into Romo's lap at the snap. Seriously asking, how did you miss this?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
? This is a well known fact. Man, you must've been sleeping under a rock from 2010 to 2012. The OL didn't get appreciably better until we drafted Fredsy in 2013. Before that, Costa looked like he was on skates, consistently getting pushed into Romo's lap at the snap. Seriously asking, how did you miss this?
PFF had them middle of the pack. In 2012 they had the Cowboys 26th in pass blocking. That’s the worst I could find. Hardly worst in NFL history.

The defense was one of the worst in history in 2013, and worst in franchise history.

People love to exaggerate what Romo was faced with for some reason. His offensive lines, running games, and defenses weren’t near as bad over the courses of his 10 year playing career as his diehard fans lead people to believe. Drew Brees had a historically bad defense one year too. He was still able to manage a SB win in another year.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
People love to exaggerate what Romo was faced with for some reason. His offensive lines, running games, and defenses weren’t near as bad over the courses of his 10 year playing career as his diehard fans lead people to believe. Drew Brees had a historically bad defense one year too. He was still able to manage a SB win in another year.
So would Romo had he have Payton as his HC.

blueblood70

Reaction score
if he lays like he did the last 5 of six games Dalton could be playing a lot more then we think..:)

visionary

Reaction score
30TDs to only 11ints and almost 5000 yards. Carrying a team with no defense and a head coach that should be a grade school gym teacher to an 8-8 record! Maybe a desperate team will send us a 3 for Andy.

by this definition .500 is “domination” so we should trade Dalton once Dak is a “dominating” 4-4 or 6-6

:muttley:

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm not at all gonna look, but how does this question get six plus pages of debate?

Even the worst one of us is better than this.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Costa? That's it?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
30TDs to only 11ints and almost 5000 yards. Carrying a team with no defense and a head coach that should be a grade school gym teacher to an 8-8 record! Maybe a desperate team will send us a 3 for Andy.

What happens if the 30TD and 5000 yard QB with no defence and a grade school coaching....

….gets injured and in the last but one regular game of the season, a crucial winner takes all game, throws 0 TD's, 265 yards, 56% completion rate and a QBR of 37.8.

Now if we had Dalton, would he have played and would he have been able to capitalise on a makeshift secondary better that an injured Dak :huh:

Its a team game.

kskboys

Reaction score
PFF had them middle of the pack. In 2012 they had the Cowboys 26th in pass blocking. That’s the worst I could find. Hardly worst in NFL history.

The defense was one of the worst in history in 2013, and worst in franchise history.

Romo's escapability made them look better than they were. That was a floodgate opening at the snap from 2010 until Fredsy got picked.

I'm not a Romo protector, nor do I need to spin things one way or the other.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Romo's escapability made them look better than they were. That was a floodgate opening at the snap from 2010 until Fredsy got picked.

I'm not a Romo protector, nor do I need to spin things one way or the other.
Of course it did. His tendency to hold onto the ball and not throw it away also made them look worse at times. I have gone back to look at other opinions PFF ratings, Football Outsiders adjusted offensive line rankings and none of it supports the claim our offensive line was some great liability Romo had to overcome. It wasn't great but it wasn't nearly as bad as the legend that has been created. This isn't the only thing.

The running game wasn't nearly as bad. We actually were pretty efficient running the ball. We just wouldn't use the dang thing until 2014.

We didn't go 3 & out as often as people claimed for years.

I used to buy into these thoughts as well. Repeat it enough times and more and more people will believe it without taking an objective look back and maybe re-evaluate. When I did it, I was shocked to see what information I found because I used to say and believe all of this stuff too.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Well known hyperbole and excuse? Sure
Well known fact? Absolutely not lol

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I'm not at all gonna look, but how does this question get six plus pages of debate?

Even the worst one of us is better than this.
This was a reactionary thread to the "if Dak struggles like last year when do we put in Dalton" thread that has 11 pages despite Dak being a near elite QB last year.

Want to see the "worst of us" go to that thread with the heathens that agreed with the OP.

Brax

Reaction score
Team sport?

W-L records are not inclusive to QB's. I thought we dismissed the notion they were months ago.

To blame 8-8 on Dak means you have to blame him for the inconsistent defense, league worst horrible special teams, highly poor coaching and management of the kicker position and overall terrible job by the HC/staff last year.

Some would say it's a miracle that Dak was able to win 8 games and deserves credit for doing that with everything stacked against him.
QB's and HC are judged on the W-L records it is what it is, to pretend otherwise is just another excuse to prop Dak up. 13-3 and it's a QB stat 8-8 and it's a team stat. The only thing stacked against Dak last year was his inability to produce against the good teams.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They didn't sign Dalton to start.

They would only trade Dalton is the 3rd QB is ready to become the 2nd QB.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dalton is on a one year deal. If Dak dominates, it just ensures Dalton will be one and done and in 2021 Dinucci is promoted from the PS.