If Dak has a All-Pro year, would you trust him?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If Dak had an All-pro year, it'd take an ignorant SOB not to take it into consideration. Anyhow, I don't worry about crap 'til I step into it! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

morat1959

Reaction score
Comparing Dak to Romo and Aikman is insulting the game of Football and to all Franchise QB that ever played the game!
Compare Dak to Quincy Carter,Tim Tebow, Tyrod Taylor and Mark Sanchez that is where Dak talents at present truly are represented....
Bingo! We have a winner!

starfan1

Reaction score
Lol@ Dak haters
He’s gonna get paid whether you like it or not.
He’ll get overpaid but who cares ( so did Romo ) it’s the market
The number is most likely gonna be 30
The sooner it gets done the better cause market will continue to rise
Dak is a leader
I trusted Romo (even with all the untimely picks)I trust Dak and the dude is a winner
We got 0 say in the matter

Rayman70

Reaction score
he did have an all pro year in 2016. I trust him. I just want him to be allowed to run the full scope of the offense now. Unleash the full Dak Attack.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Did you watch any other game? cherry picking 1 time when garret and moore planned an offense that didn't have zeke so they didn't try to force the run much. Dak willed the offense lol. Dak did good hitting the open guys, the game plan was good that day having jarwin running up the seam in 1 on 1 coverage....that's a QB's dream but for dak it's a miraculous play. The guy is an average QB, makes the plays any NFL QB can make, nothing more nothing less.
Yeah, poor average QB is about to receive the biggest and most expensive franchise contract, by far, in the next few months, sealing his stay as the franchise starter for many years to come.

Sucks to be you. lol

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No I never said we lost because of Dak. But clearly when others dont pull him up he can not carry the team like brady or rogers. He's average. and that ok as long as we can pay for elite talent around him. Hand him 30 and we decline.
QB's don't carry teams. That's a common myth folks like to use when they're not in favor of a player. Same with the maroons who bash the QB when the team struggles after missing players.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Short answer: nope. Evidence? He went 13-3 his rookie season. Threw for over 300 yards in the lone playoff game that year (something I don't think Romo - who I love BTW - never did in a playoff game), only to lose only because our defense couldn't hold Green Bay on a long 4th down). Yet that is still not good enough, seemingly.

Dak is 32-16 as a starter. That's better than several HOFers 1st 3 years in the NFL. Several I tell ya.

Dak ain't perfect, but the things he is deficient on (pocket presence and accuracy) are fixable thru experience and coaching.

PS - he'd have 2 (and counting) playoff wins if our vaunted run defense didn't give up 273 yards last year.
Agreed.

Better yet...

Dak would be undefeated in his 3 playoff games played if our defense had ever showed up. Dak played very good in all 3 games. Heck, the Cowboys at least would and should have been to 2 NFC Conference Championship Games by now if it hadn't been for our defense. Who knows if we could have been to at least 1 Super Bowl or 2 by now?

Dak is the reason this team has had a chance in the playoffs in recent years.

DFWJC

Reaction score
he did have an all pro year in 2016. I trust him. I just want him to be allowed to run the full scope of the offense now. Unleash the full Dak Attack.
I'm all for going for it w/ Dak.

But No. He had a Pro Bowl year in 2016.
Light years different from All-Pro

With the playoffs, injuries, bail outs, etc...you can be top 15 - 18 and make Pro Bowl.
You have to be top 2 to make All Pro

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm all for going for it w/ Dak.

But No. He had a Pro Bowl year in 2016.
Light years different from All-Pro

With the playoffs, injuries, bail outs, etc...you can be top 15 - 18 and make Pro Bowl.
You have to be top 2 to make All Pro
Yeah the Pro Bowl has become nearly meaningless in terms of a barometer, IMO. And it takes away the importance of All Pro players.