If Dak has a All-Pro year, would you trust him?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
QB's don't carry teams. That's a common myth folks like to use when they're not in favor of a player. Same with the maroons who bash the QB when the team struggles after missing players.

So Rogers is a myth...you've been debunked try again.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, poor average QB is about to receive the biggest and most expensive franchise contract, by far, in the next few months, sealing his stay as the franchise starter for many years to come.

Sucks to be you. lol

Na im good but if your a player on this team that wants to compete for a SB...you better give that dream up if they don't win this year.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Na im good but if your a player on this team that wants to compete for a SB...you better give that dream up if they don't win this year.
I hear you...but...

The salary cap keeps going up every year. Plus, high salary contracts are eventually redone to help the team create space...IF the player proves to be worth keeping in the long run. Today's contracts are also created to where 3-4 years into a new contract the team can cut bait and move on from said player without much of a dead money hit... if the team is smart about writing up such a contract.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
You posting a random INT suppose to prove what? Dak didnt have an INT in the Rams playoff game last year. Zeke had 47yds on 20 carries and the defense allowed 270+ rushing yds. Thats why we lost, but go ahead put all the blame on Dak...
It proves that Terrance Williams is the loser. Should have caught that ball.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear you...but...

The salary cap keeps going up every year. Plus, high salary contracts are eventually redone to help the team create space...IF the player proves to be worth keeping in the long run. Today's contracts are also created to where 3-4 years into a new contract the team can cut bait and move on from said player without much of a dead money hit... if the team is smart about writing up such a contract.
Plus, draft another QB in 3 years and choose to reload, it's all temporary. Posters act like this is forever.

I don't see any way where they're not going to pay too much to too few but if they can remain healthy, they would have a shot at jumping through that window. They've been drafting better the last few seasons and seem to have a plan that even Booger is willing to follow. To see him in the war room being the one to say no to the trade and stay on McGovern shows me he's changed how he approaches it. He's also getting ready to spend more on a player than he's ever spent before and it's smart money to protect that investment.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hear you...but...

Completely under stand. I don't agree with who this front office decides to pay and who they let go. I wouldn't pay Dak more than 25, but i'd pay jones 15 maybe more pretty easily. In my mind if they let crawford go and lael go next year that's enough to keep jones if he performs well again.

cern

Reaction score
in all fairness, dak has had to run the plays sent in by linehan. is this not a major impediment to overcome. and despite this, he has done very well. let's get real. we have no choice but to sign him. does anyone really want to stake the season on cooper rush or mike white? with a revitalized o-line and improving wr's, not to mention a new oc, I expect dak to have his best year ever. besides, it's not my 30 million. or any of yours. :)

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
in all fairness, dak has had to run the plays sent in by linehan. is this not a major impediment to overcome. and despite this, he has done very well. let's get real. we have no choice but to sign him. does anyone really want to stake the season on cooper rush or mike white? with a revitalized o-line and improving wr's, not to mention a new oc, I expect dak to have his best year ever. besides, it's not my 30 million. or any of yours. :)
Some fans dislike Prescott more than they like the Cowboys.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

devils advocate- linehan was the same guy calling plays that led Dak to a 13 win rookie season.
Not saying I really want Rush or White, but heck it's not like Dak outperformed romo or moore in practice before being thrown into the starting role. White could do ok, rush looked to have regressed last year. But if the play calling is better like you suggest, then an average QB can produce here behind this OL, stud RB, and stud WR.

Keeping Dak wouldn't be the worst thing unless his contract prohibits the signing of other players. Would you rather have dak or jones and quinn the next 3 years?

cern

Reaction score
devils advocate- linehan was the same guy calling plays that led Dak to a 13 win rookie season.
Not saying I really want Rush or White, but heck it's not like Dak outperformed romo or moore in practice before being thrown into the starting role. White could do ok, rush looked to have regressed last year. But if the play calling is better like you suggest, then an average QB can produce here behind this OL, stud RB, and stud WR.

Keeping Dak wouldn't be the worst thing unless his contract prohibits the signing of other players. Would you rather have dak or jones and quinn the next 3 years?
true. but our o-line was playing at peak efficiency and zeke leading the league in rushing. last two years the o-line has not been playing like they usually due to injuries. but front office has addressed that issue nicely. zeke suspended 6 games dak's 2nd year. no doubt that hurt. consider the difference in goff from being coached by fisher and then sean mcvay. sometimes change can be a great thing.

cern

Reaction score
Not saying I really want Rush or White, but heck it's not like Dak outperformed romo or moore in practice before being thrown into the starting role. White could do rush looked to have regressed last year. But if the play calling is better like you suggest, then an average QB can produce here behind this OL, stud RB, and stud WR.

dak. mike zimmer said he could find d-backs in a 7-11 parking lot. franchise qb are among sports rarest commodities. similar to 20 game a year winners in mlb.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
dak. mike zimmer said he could find d-backs in a 7-11 parking lot. franchise qb are among sports rarest commodities. similar to 20 game a year winners in mlb.

I hope Richards can do that.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
true. but our o-line was playing at peak efficiency and zeke leading the league in rushing. last two years the o-line has not been playing like they usually due to injuries. but front office has addressed that issue nicely. zeke suspended 6 games dak's 2nd year. no doubt that hurt. consider the difference in goff from being coached by fisher and then sean mcvay. sometimes change can be a great thing.

exactly right. We've seen what happens when the OL isn't the best of the best or when zeke is out and it wasn't very good. Now Linehan is gone maybe Moore can do more with our. New ideas are great untill they don't work. I think we have enough talent to cover up alot of mistakes on both sides of the ball.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Complaining about what Dak critics say now is tedious.
Complaining about what you predict Dak critics might say a year in the future is really a waste of time.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Losers always find a way to lose...:popcorn:

GOOD-D-05b_randall_pick_six.gif
This shows how desperate and uneducated you truly are. That pass hit T-Will squarely on his chest. T-Will simply didn't catch it since he tried to catch it with his arms instead of his hands. That ball ricocheted off of his shoulder pads. This is hilarious to use such a gif to try to bash Dak! LMAO. Shows how desperate you truly are. :facepalm:

Coy

Reaction score
If Dak plays up to whatever contract he gets this year, do you truly trust him going forward? Or do you wait for the other shoe to drop just to say "I told you so"?

Because from what I read on this board almost daily, if he is anything but perfect (which no one is) yall won't trust him and will still call for Romo lol...

IMO he is better than yall say he is, and even if he is an All Pro this year yall won't trust him. Please prove me wrong.

He won`t have an All Pro year, he is not that QB, if he does, I`ll shut my mouth forever in terms of Dak, to me he is a middle of the pack QB with great leadership skills and clutch gene, saying that, here`s to hoping he has it because I do like the kid.