If Dak has a All-Pro year, would you trust him?

_sturt_

Reaction score
If Dak plays up to whatever contract he gets this year, do you truly trust him going forward? Or do you wait for the other shoe to drop just to say "I told you so"?

Because from what I read on this board almost daily, if he is anything but perfect (which no one is) yall won't trust him and will still call for Romo lol...

IMO he is better than yall say he is, and even if he is an All Pro this year yall won't trust him. Please prove me wrong.

Put me down on the "trust" side of the ledger.

My big concern for Dak is that he wins games when he shows in the first half that he's a running threat. I believe success will come, but will come at the price of longer-term durability.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Prescott put up decent numbers and scored 2 TDs. In regard to points, that was enough for a few teams to win playoff games last season.

In a game we couldn't run he put up 266 yards and 1 passing 1 running TD. Teams make us 1 dimensional so yea his passing stats gets inflated but not by much and not enough to carry the team which is why we struggle with good defenses.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lets not be dense here. You know exactly what he meant.

In 2017 in the games without Zeke, Dak was terrible. Franchise-Record terrible. 5 Tds and 7ints in 6 games. Show me a stretch from Romo that bad.
Do you remember the game against the Lions three interceptions in a row. People forget so quickly

InTheZone

Reaction score
If Dak plays up to whatever contract he gets this year, do you truly trust him going forward? Or do you wait for the other shoe to drop just to say "I told you so"?

Because from what I read on this board almost daily, if he is anything but perfect (which no one is) yall won't trust him and will still call for Romo lol...

IMO he is better than yall say he is, and even if he is an All Pro this year yall won't trust him. Please prove me wrong.
when we actually have a top 5 scoring/yardage offense with all the weapons and Dak doesn't look like he's unsure of himself half the time he drops back, sure I'll go back to believing in him.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In a game we couldn't run he put up 266 yards and 1 passing 1 running TD. Teams make us 1 dimensional so yea his passing stats gets inflated but not by much and not enough to carry the team which is why we struggle with good defenses.
If they didn't wait until the fourth quarter to turn him loose when he's absolutely brilliant you have those numbers. But who gives a crap about numbers. I care about winning and that's what he does

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If they didn't wait until the fourth quarter to turn him loose when he's absolutely brilliant you have those numbers. But who gives a crap about numbers. I care about winning and that's what he does

right he sure won that game.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Reading Comprehension.

The point is that he isnt a Franchise QB and we are wasting time with him.

This is the QB of The Dallas Cowboys we are talking about. We should want way more than a game managing QB with no arm-talent, to lead this team.

Patrick Mahommes
Deshaun Watson
Andrew Luck
Baker Mayfield

Those are the type of QBs we should want under center

Adorable

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Nothing against you, but expecting anyone to carry an entire team is stupid. You're blaming 50 yards from Elliott and the defense allowing 275 yards rushing on the QB. That's fundamentally unsound reasoning.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Honestly the Dak haters and the Tony haters are basically indistinguishable to me.

Romo haters complained he was too much of a gunslinger and not enough of a game manager, and they sneered at his accumulating "empty" stats. Then we get Prescott who has been more of a game manager, and the haters complain he doesn't go deep enough and sneer at his lack of passing volume. Where are the 300 yard games? Where are the 4,000 yard seasons?

Well, how many rings did that get Romo? Just as many as Prescott's lower rate of throwing bad picks and better rushing stats have got him so far. Prescott's essentially the QB the Romo haters were begging for and yet it's same stuff, different day for the Cowboys. It's almost as if the QB isn't really the problem once you've gone past the... let's call it the 2005 Drew Bledsoe line or whatever.

This all makes sense when you realize these are all rationalizations. Fans want someone to blame and permission to hate them, and nebulous targets like "the organization" make poor hate sinks. So they fixate on the QB and pour out all their resentments on the figurehead, and work backwards from that to tear the guy down.

The bigger truth is that more reckless gunslingers than Romo ever was have rings. And less competent bus drivers than Prescott by miles have rings, too. Teams run like the Cowboys are generally don't win championships though.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nothing against you, but expecting anyone to carry an entire team is stupid. You're blaming 50 yards from Elliott and the defense allowing 275 yards rushing on the QB. That's fundamentally unsound reasoning.

No I never said we lost because of Dak. But clearly when others dont pull him up he can not carry the team like brady or rogers. He's average. and that ok as long as we can pay for elite talent around him. Hand him 30 and we decline.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
No I never said we lost because of Dak. But clearly when others dont pull him up he can not carry the team like brady or rogers. He's average. and that ok as long as we can pay for elite talent around him. Hand him 30 and we decline.
Brees and Brady are top 5 QB's ever. What QB other than Rogers can carry a team like them? Comparing Dak or any QB to them is an unfair expectation.

Last edited:

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
when we actually have a top 5 scoring/yardage offense with all the weapons and Dak doesn't look like he's unsure of himself half the time he drops back, sure I'll go back to believing in him.
So you want him to run, throw and catch the ball... wow

That's why it's called a team, it's not all on Dak.