If Dak leads the Cowboys to victory tomorrow, will he earn more respect?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear ya. It’s not my goal to argue it’s rock solid.

my overall point was that QB’s do continue to improve throughout their career. But that the more the years go along. Their trajectory of improvement tends to flatten and the improvement won’t be as sharp from year to year.

Here I definitely agree with you.

obviously every QB is different though. Some don’t improve at all. Some regress. Some fall off the map due to injury or other factors. Some do make dramatic leaps later in their career. Rich Gannon comes to mind immediately.

And again I agree here. That's why I argued against the use of "generally".

:thumbup:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Here I definitely agree with you.

And again I agree here. That's why I argued against the use of "generally".

:thumbup:

The word Generally is certainly a relative term open for debate lol. Lot of grey area in there for sure.

blueblood70

Reaction score
NO lets top acting as if its the playoffs and getti g to an NFCCG that meters, its how players pay in those games..

the big games in season only matter if they are supported with playoff success, goes for coaches and Gms as well..

dak will get my respect or more respect i should say if he has a playoff run with games like ast weeks 2nd half or win against a opponent in situation that seems dire..

why do you think Mahomes is top gun right now, it has ZERO to do with RS success, he made the AFCCG his first starting season with an MVP and 2nd season a Playoff run that had 3 comebacks of epic proportions and a SB win and MVP..

thats how you change minds and make name for yourself

not just dak but for MM and other players to turn that corner....sad players Like Witten, dez and Romo didnt get to feel that..

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If Wilson has no TDs and a few pucks and Dak outplays him? Then it would depend on what exatly Dak did.

If Wilson has 4 TDs and no picks and Dak outplays him, then I would imagine Dak gets some respect.

Both are facing poor D's that haven't shown much ability to rush the passer. Dak has better weapons around him.

Reaction score
Hey all. Happy game day eve.

I have a serious question.

If Dak leads the cowboys to victory tomorrow AND outplays Russell Wilson. Will he earn some more respect? Not talking about haters non haters nothing like that. Just in general. I’ve supported him since day one and even I believe this is the kind of game that will make heads turn if he outperforms the guy everyone is saying will be MVP by season end.

What day you?

The more solid performances Dak has against winning teams the more respect he gets,,,, the more games he tanks the less respect he gets. It's a rolling average until, hopefully, a consistently high performance level appears.

pete026

Reaction score
If Wilson has no TDs and a few pucks and Dak outplays him? Then it would depend on what exatly Dak did.

If Wilson has 4 TDs and no picks and Dak outplays him, then I would imagine Dak gets some respect.

Both are facing poor D's that haven't shown much ability to rush the passer. Dak has better weapons around him.
So 6 TDs and -2 picks and he'll get some respect?

Sounds reasonable.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Yes. The only way he leads us to victory is by turning him lose early and often. e gave 3 dynamic receivers, a tight end who showed he can catch the ball and a 4th and 5th WR's who seem solid...Zeke and Pollard out of the back field...seriously. No reason we should not score 30+...except for our coaching.

johneric8

Reaction score
Dak already beat russell and the Seahawks on the big stage in the playoffs. Or did that not count because the Seahawks defense didn't come to play? Or, did dak win because our defense played well?

Give me a break.... Dak rocks!

Jipper

Reaction score
He did. The refs took that away.

sorry he did not, that was one play and there were others in that drive that he could have led the team with.

Again I’m not being critical on dak but Rodgers or Brees wins that game, dak missed a major opportunity

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sorry he did not, that was one play and there were others in that drive that he could have led the team with.

Again I’m not being critical on dak but Rodgers or Brees wins that game, dak missed a major opportunity

That's a load of bull**** and you know it. He made the play, made a perfect throw which would have put the team in position to tie or win the game. And the refs call took that away. You can blind yourself to the facts, but not anyone else. Your willful ignorance is yours alone.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I don’t think you can say definitely that either Rodgers or Brees for sure wins that game. There are Plenty of times that Rodgers or Brees have the ball with a chance to tie or win and don’t win the game. It happens to every QB. Even the elite. It happens less often to the elite. But it still happens.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's be realistic... no Dallas QB earns respect until he leads the team to a Superbowl win. That's the way it's always been.

So no, it doesn't matter what Dak does on Sunday. He won't earn fan wide respect unless he wins a superbowl. And I personally don't agree with that, but it is the way it is. QB's don't "Win" in Seattle, QB's don't "Win' the superbowl, football teams do.

I'm not entirely sure about that. I think what some fans want to see is putting the team on his back....and win regardless of any "excuses". The Gallup OPI was a good sign...in my book. Atlanta was another good sign....even though it wasn;t a great team.

I think going head to head with WIlson would be another notch. That's what it's about...just keep putting those notches in. Super Bowl? Of course it's the ultimate prize.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a load of bull**** and you know it. He made the play, made a perfect throw which would have put the team in position to tie or win the game. And the refs call took that away. You can blind yourself to the facts, but not anyone else. Your willful ignorance is yours alone.

I'm a well known NOT dakasexual....BUT.....yeah he did get robbed. Not saying it was a sure win if not called. But it most certainly would have been a "lead a 4th qtr comeback" if we had. And that pass would have been a huge part of it.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Hey all. Happy game day eve.

I have a serious question.

If Dak leads the cowboys to victory tomorrow AND outplays Russell Wilson. Will he earn some more respect? Not talking about haters non haters nothing like that. Just in general. I’ve supported him since day one and even I believe this is the kind of game that will make heads turn if he outperforms the guy everyone is saying will be MVP by season end.

What day you?
Pretty sure hes outplayed russ everytime theyve played previously

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a well known NOT dakasexual....BUT.....yeah he did get robbed. Not saying it was a sure win if not called. But it most certainly would have been a "lead a 4th qtr comeback" if we had. And that pass would have been a huge part of it.

Exactly my point, and thanks. Dak DID his job. He made the throw. Gallup made the catch. They did their part. The refs call took that away, it was no failure on Dak's part the way someone is trying to twist things.