If Dak leads the Cowboys to victory tomorrow, will he earn more respect?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Hey all. Happy game day eve.

I have a serious question.

If Dak leads the cowboys to victory tomorrow AND outplays Russell Wilson. Will he earn some more respect? Not talking about haters non haters nothing like that. Just in general. I’ve supported him since day one and even I believe this is the kind of game that will make heads turn if he outperforms the guy everyone is saying will be MVP by season end.

What day you?
I actually think Dak played well and may of made some progress with some of the throws he made in the Atlanta game. Its all about consistency and if he can make good throws and convert 3rd downs and help this team put points on the board that would be a big plus in him getting better. He may not beat Seattle but performing well against good teams will lead to wins against good teams.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That penalty killed them. I’d hardly call it a second opportunity. It killed momentum and screwed them.

Wait....you're saying it made Dak so upset he couldn't run an effective 2 minute drill?

"momentum"? When you have an opportunity for a game winning drive? If you want to be elite....you man up and make solid run at it. I wouldn't care if he romo'd it....give a solid shot.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Brand
I didn’t say he didn’t miss an opportunity. Point to where I said that.

YOU said Rodgers and Brees DO win that game. I pointed out that YOU DONT KNOW if they win that game because they have lost games in the same situation before.
Right. There’s no way we can sit here and say Brees and Rodgers for sure would’ve won that game after getting that penalty.

Reaction score
You are right nothing is for sure but you guys are missing my point....:an elite qb wins in that type of situation, down by 3 with 2 mins to go getting the ball back....on a national stage nevertheless.

dak missed a golden opportunity to silence the critics
What do you call a QB who rallies his team down 15 points with less than 5 minutes left?

To me, that's actually more impressive than what he did against the Rams. Had the refs not taken his throw away

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
umm MAYBE but we dont know what happens after..missed FG blocked FG , fumble/INt trying to move the ball in position

not going for the tieing FG is an issue in my book..that game was winnable either way..
Sure anything can happen. Dak could’ve got hurt among other things. But the odds of Dak throwing a pick there or getting hurt seem slim being he’s rarely done it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sure anything can happen. Dak could’ve got hurt among other things. But the odds of Dak throwing a pick there or getting hurt seem slim being he’s rarely done it.
but you are acting as IF thats not a penalty thats dak winning the game, no thats not game winner until it was..if that was a TD brought back, sure..all im saying is it was nice pass and even if completed , tooo much could happen afterwards, still could have been loss..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reaction score
great for one half of football type name..:)
the point of this thread is we need to see that type of thing more consistently..
The poster said elite QB's when they are down 3 points with 2 minutes left. He said nothing about the previous 58 minutes or consistency.

I don't disagree about consistency. But that's not what he was talking about.

By the way, Roger Staubach was known as Captain Comeback. Many of those comebacks were the result of him not playing well early in the games. He has spoken of this himself.

Praxit

Reaction score
Just me but after 4 years, you're either in Dak's corner or you're not. If you're not sold on him by now, you probably never will be coz he is who he is. Pete Carroll had an interesting take on him this week. He didn't say he was great but he's a QB that does EVERYTHING very well.
^^^^^ right there. Your with him or not. Dak is a QB that can drive the bus. All that matters.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The poster said elite QB's when they are down 3 points with 2 minutes left. He said nothing about the previous 58 minutes or consistency.

I don't disagree about consistency. But that's not what he was talking about.

By the way, Roger Staubach was known as Captain Comeback. Many of those comebacks were the result of him not playing well early in the games. He has spoken of this himself.
talking about a season and a career on how Daks viewed the Op said More respect..its in the title im saying have more consistency in big games and how you close them.. that will get Dak the respect fans are referring too..

last year was total fail in that aspect , this game could help but long term consistency will seal it..do it more then you dont..

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Yes Until he holds on to the ball too long or throws a puck the next week.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
It is a question that could easily draw subjectively reasoned answers. Say Prescott has a great game Sunday and follow up with a not so great game against the Browns. Will an impression of outplaying Wilson matter long-term if ANOTHER impression suggests 'he' was outplayed by Mayfield?

Opinions are polarized among actively participating CowboysZone members concerning the team's quarterback (deja vu). Perhaps the most anyone can hope is for everyone, whether they are convinced or not convinced, to wait-and-see how both Prescott and the entire team performs all season long.

Curiosity seeking other observers willing to put themselves on the spot may simply be asking for a ticking timebomb of disapproval in the near future. Then how would a previously requested opinion of Prescott playing outstandingly compared to Wilson be remembered? Possibly not very fondly.

Everything this guy said. Even though I'm a Dak fan, his issue is always consistency. Could play great tomorrow and then suck against a team we should blow out. Don't think we can really gauge how people will look at him off one game, gotta wait till the season is over and how far we get

hopemsu

Reaction score
Probably not. People will always find fault

"Great game, but that one turnover can't happen, dak almost cost us the game!"
"Good game from dak, but zeke really took over the game. He couldn't do it alone"
"Yeah Dak had 400+ yards, but that should be expected with the weapons he has on offense!"

You can go on and on, but truth is you make make any narrative fit that you want.

and football, all of sports, is very much a what have you done for me lately... the respect would last until the next loss.

bigE79

Reaction score
Hey all. Happy game day eve.

I have a serious question.

If Dak leads the cowboys to victory tomorrow AND outplays Russell Wilson. Will he earn some more respect? Not talking about haters non haters nothing like that. Just in general. I’ve supported him since day one and even I believe this is the kind of game that will make heads turn if he outperforms the guy everyone is saying will be MVP by season end.

What day you?
What if prescott stinks out the joint,but Zeke has a huge game and we win,will he get the respect?..my point is, who gives a ****? These threads are getting goofy sometimes..all that matters is winning, period..that's what these players are getting paid to do and btw..NO player leads a team to a win or loss by himself,Not brady,wilson,rodgers etc... will people ever understand that?..we win last week,Dak wasn't the main reason,but he was part of it..if cooper doesn't make a circus catch,we don't win,if gallup doesn't stay inbound,we don't win,if the line don't block,we don't win and last but not least,if atlanta doesn't play dead on the onside,we don't win...if we win or lose tomorrow,it won't be because of one person..ITS A TEAM GAME.