If Dak struggles like he did in 2019, how long before Dalton steps in?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak just signed a $31.4M deal to play this year but you still think Jerry and McCarthy want to bench Dak? Who do you think you are convincing with this argument? I can tell you it's no one. You are just showing how foolish you are by saying such things. Carry on with your foolishness. :lmao:
Foolish is not strong enough of a word when it comes to describing that DAKtractor #1. Gotta use a much stronger word. :muttley:

basel90

Reaction score
Legitimate question .Especially after the Dak the contract negotiation saga and the fact Dak wants to be paid as top QB and NFL player .

Dak has struggled against decent teams , he was 1-6. Did not throw one TD against saints , patriots or eagles in the finale , so it was not always the defensive issues with the cowboys .

MM will give Dak every chance to succeed , but if the bye comes around and the cowboys are close to .500 , watch out .

Many fans will start clamoring for dalton the If Dak struggles again , you can count on it , now that we have a legit back up . Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

75boyz

Reaction score
Dak did not play well vs good teams in 2019. If he plays under the tag, the Cowboys are not bound to him long term.
At what point do you think he would be pulled?
I think that Dalton would get a shot if the Cowboys struggle to a .500 mark after 8 games, or if the Cowboys were to go into a three game losing streak early in the season.
How much leeway do you think McCarthy will give him if he is struggling?

IF there is a season...Your OP question is my absolute main reason to watch the team.

It will determine if McCarthy has the proper authority that all the offseason drama is leading everyone to believe. If a huge contract is given and Dak still sucks, the damage control given out by both Jerry and his newly appointed Head Coach will be worth the price of admission alone.
As I've been saying all along...
Kellen Moore, Come On Down!! You're the next Head coach in Waiting on this never ending game show.

Should be entertaining at the very least, lol. :)
The responses from the horde of The Dak Defense Lawyer team will be beyond priceless.
It's the whole team, it's the O line's, it's Zeke's fault, it's Moore's fault, it's McCarthy's fault, if Dak had a defense...
Beyond comical.
Popcone reddy.

Last edited:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dak did not play well vs good teams in 2019. If he plays under the tag, the Cowboys are not bound to him long term.
At what point do you think he would be pulled?
I think that Dalton would get a shot if the Cowboys struggle to a .500 mark after 8 games, or if the Cowboys were to go into a three game losing streak early in the season.
How much leeway do you think McCarthy will give him if he is struggling?

How DID Zeke do in those losses? No running game = harder for the offense to consistently move chains. Aikman when Emmitt didn't show up, same thing.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Go back and watch the games. The Vikings game (which we lost) was the best performance of his career, and he DRAGGED this JG hindered team through it with absolutely no support and atrocious playcalling.

And an unbelievably stupid fair catch on what should have been a punt return for a TD.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
wow, op is taking a beating!
But there is little chance Dak gets pulled for poor play.
Because he would have to play real bad for that to happen, and dak isnt going to play that bad.
As long as he plays mediocre or better , he will start all the games unless knocked out in some fashion.

The other thing is the jones boys are going to want dak to play, and MM will know this, so aside from really stinking it up for 3 games in a row,
it wont happen.

The only thing that could happen is if dak got hurt or concussed, then dalton would get to play, and it would then depend on how
he plays as to whether they might stick with him for a bit longer.

another factor is if dalton or dinucci were to really shine in PS, then maybe they get some playing time later on, but they would
have to really shine.

Adreme

Reaction score
I think there are at least 25 teams that can only hope their QB "struggles" as much as Dak did in 2019 and I am certainly selling that number short.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Here's another ironic stupid suggestion.

Prescott gets hurt in the preseason. Dalton is the starter and plays at an MVP level. Prescott returns healthy, but no one wants to mess with the team mojo. So Dalton remains the starter. Dallas makes the playoffs, obviously the one seed. Dalton as usual loses in the playoffs, Dallas is one and done AGAIN. There is an immediate controversy on why Prescott wasn't put back in when healthy. Prescott is pissed and retires from football.

I don't think this could EVER happen!!! Quite implausible.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
It's a legitimate question.
If Dak plays like he did in 2019, at some point we have to try someone else.
This is why so many of us lobbied against giving him a long term deal.
It’s not a legitimate question. It’s an incredibly dumb question. If Dak plays like he did in 2019, his price tag will go up and Dalton will never take a snap.

I’ve never seen such a gap between reality and perception around here, and I’ve been here a long time.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
After the 1st half of the1st game if the offense doesn't show up in the 1st half like it did a bit last season.

Jk about him getting pulled

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
daksucks.jpg