If Dallas Passes On DeCastro For A Corner, How Will You Feel?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoofbite;4429148 said:
If Dallas Passes On DeCastro For A Corner, How Will You Feel?

IMO, worst case scenario.

Just wondering what others thought.
Answer: Astonishment

Explanation: I would be shocked to realize that the franchise's front office sees the importance of offensive line protection/run support exactly the same as some fans... especially after this past season.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Risen Star;4429227 said:
Finally drafting one and then seeing the results of that decision this year.

What moron would draft Tyron in the 1st round, watch him play this year and think we shouldn't do that again?

The fact that we made that pick makes it more likely we'll do it again.
You must have forgotten who our GM is...

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
It looked like Dallas needed help in the Defensive Backfield to me, though admittedly the situation had improved at least somewhat from the year before.

When in doubt gimme' a "Trenches Guy" all draft day long.

In the 1st round sometimes skill position athletes are premium picks, LBs included.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
:mad: What the heck could the Cowboys possibly be thinking about !!???!! Do they even NEED a cornerback!!??!!

Oh, yeah... that's right - they do. :eek::

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
SuspectCorner;4430522 said:
:mad: What the heck could the Cowboys possibly be thinking about !!???!! Do they even NEED a cornerback!!??!!

Oh, yeah... that's right - they do. :eek::

They need a lot of things. :laugh2:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Anyone think the NFL catering to the offenses will play a role in how teams draft in the future?

If it gets any more out of hand, CBs may fall into one of two groups.

Group 1: Elite: Still able to compete and slow down a WR.

Group 2: Everyone Else: Handle average WRs but get blown away by top notch guys.

Elite may still be worth a 1st rounder but if you don't have a strong resume coming out of college, you might just be a victim of circumstance.

Possible?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4429148 said:
IMO, worst case scenario.

Just wondering what others thought.

Like the Cowboys will never understand the game is won up front.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
DallasEast;4430300 said:
Answer: Astonishment

Explanation: I would be shocked to realize that the franchise's front office sees the importance of offensive line protection/run support exactly the same as some fans... especially after this past season.

or I could of said that........:bow:

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
if all the carr to dallas rumors are correct, you can scratch off corner on your round one lists.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Teague31;4430620 said:
if all the carr to dallas rumors are correct, you can scratch off corner on your round one lists.

I'm not sure CB was on R1 list anyhow.

You aren't getting the top guy at that position.

#2/#3 depending on who you talk to is a disaster waiting to happen.

#3/#2 has his own troubles.

I think CB R2 is where the team should go regardless of what they do in the 1st round.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would love to get DeCastro but I also like Kirkpatrick. Yes l would have a little disappointment about not getting DeCastro but would be excited about getting a player like Kirkpatrick. I never fall that much in love with one player were I will dismiss all the other top players in a draft.

ferrispata

Reaction score
I think it will be more like "when he isn't drafted" as opposed to "if". I will be OK with it as long as we get some other G/C in the 2nd or 3rd (that I approve of, of course). And also, who they get at 14 (or other traded down position) when they pass on or are unable to draft DeCastro. I have this feeling that someone will be slipping to us at 14 who we did not expect to be there. I think we will see all 3 top QBS go in the top 10 and maybe a surprise or two. I also think there is a very real chance we could trade up (up to 5 places) if someone we covet slips a bit. You never know what JJ will do. And to be honest, he has been pretty tame in recent years.
Can't wait to see.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I would feel good if we got Jenkins and still managed to get a great guard like Washington or Silatolu in round 2. However, I would not feel so good if we got Kirkpatrick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point, my real fear is that DeCastro gets drafted right before we pick.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
stasheroo;4431031 said:

Always a possibility so Cowboys better do their home work on all the prospect so that when 14 is called we are ready to make a quality pick.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;4431031 said:
Happens to me a lot. get my heart set on a player only to see his stock skyrocket.

I would take Cordy Glenn in a NY minute if DeCastro was gone. I do not want a CB in round 1.

Gaede

Reaction score
Hostile;4431300 said:
I would take Cordy Glenn in a NY minute if DeCastro was gone. I do not want a CB in round 1.

Me neither. All the guys after Claiborne scream second rounder to me.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Hostile;4431300 said:
Happens to me a lot. get my heart set on a player only to see his stock skyrocket.

I'm with you. Guys I would actually want at 14:
  1. DeCastro
  2. Poe
  3. Glenn
That's it. Everybody else seems either a bad fit or would necessitate a trade down. One of those three guys will be there.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
After watching some of these combine events, I'm thinking the best course of action would be to trade down and pick up two first rounders or at least a late first/early second.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
I would be happy with Luke or Cordy if DeCastro is gone. There are going to be really good players at #14 so we will have our options.