If Dallas Passes On DeCastro For A Corner, How Will You Feel?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
1. Hope the guy is a stud and becomes All-Pro.

2. Log on to CZ to watch the "They didn't draft my pet cat!!!" meltdown.

Reaction score
This draft is supposedly looking good for both OL and DL so Dallas better take advantage, after 4 rounds they need to have 3 linemen,,, or else!

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I really hope they don't waste a first rd pick on a corner. It has to be a pressure player or an olineman and a FA cornerback since there are many to choose from.

blackbull

Reaction score
Hostile;4429514 said:
^This^

In order, I feel like we need OL, then front 7, then CB.

^^Exactly. And in the front seven I honestly would prefer someone on the D line as opposed to a linebacker.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
We are blessed at O skill positions. TR n JW can have really special last few years if the OL can become specisl too. Get a DE and a safety upgrade while addressing CB in FA. You can't be great on both sides of the ball these dayd. Our O is much closer to greatness IMO.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;4429514 said:
^This^

In order, I feel like we need OL, then front 7, then CB.

We can and will address all three. I just want to use that 14th pick on a big ugly.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Risen Star;4429779 said:
The Cowboys select Glenn at 14 over DeCastro.

What's your reaction?
I'd be a bit shocked, but I like Glenn a lot. I think DeCastro is the better player. Reminds me of Steve Hutchinson a bit. But either one immediately upgrades our OL and I think that is the number 1 needs on this team by a wide margin.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
underdark;4429775 said:
We are blessed at O skill positions. TR n JW can have really special last few years if the OL can become specisl too. Get a DE and a safety upgrade while addressing CB in FA. You can't be great on both sides of the ball these dayd. Our O is much closer to greatness IMO.

I agree with you. I think the pieces are in place for a Top 5 offense if the issues at guard are corrected.

Nicks and DeCastro at #14 can help elevate the offense to an elite level.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Hostile;4429781 said:
I'd be a bit shocked, but I like Glenn a lot. I think DeCastro is the better player. Reminds me of Steve Hutchinson a bit. But either one immediately upgrades our OL and I think that is the number 1 needs on this team by a wide margin.

Yeah, and both Glenn and DeCastro are rising enough that a more realistic hypothetical, unfortunately, might be 'if the Cowboys pass on Glenn to take a CB, how would you feel?'

I'd feel crappy for that one as well, *especially* if we don't get any OGs during FA.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;4429795 said:
I agree with you. I think the pieces are in place for a Top 5 offense if the issues at guard are corrected.

Nicks and DeCastro at #14 can help elevate the offense to an elite level.

Issue at C too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star;4429800 said:
Issue at C too.

I think that if you get both Nicks and DeCastro, the winner of an open competition between Costa, Kowalski, and Nagy would do just fine at center.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
stasheroo;4429844 said:
I think that if you get both Nicks and DeCastro, the winner of an open competition between Costa, Kowalski, and Nagy would do just fine at center.

I think so, too. They won't be able to isolate and target the center position like they did this year. Hopefully, with a full offseason, one of those guys can step up to the plate.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;4429490 said:
CBs are drafted higher and paid more than guards for a reason. Just cause our team needs interior help doesn't change this fact. The basic assumption that is said there is one that shouldn't be made, cause after all, it is a crap shoot.

Comparing the value of an 'elite level G' outweights a 'very good CB'. But really, how do we know which deserves the label of 'elite'.

Point blank of the matter is every GM in the NFL would take an elite CB over and elite G with no questions asked. I'm sure when Revis came out, it wasn't known how elite he would be. This is the risk you take, but as of right now, I would rather wait at least til the CBs workout before I say none of them even has the possibility of being elite from where we pick.

But there isn't an elite CB available.

That's kind of the whole premise of my argument.

At best there are very good CBs available and the ones who will be there have question marks.

DeCastro is as highly touted as a player at his position can be.