If Dallas wins next 2 games you will all be back on board with the team***Merged***

DandyDon52

Reaction score
boysyarg1.gif

LOL thats the spirit ! yeah !!!!!!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
People are putting way too much on Romos shoulders. It doesn't even matter anymore, what do people think is going to happen, He's gonna run the table?

We still have one problem...somebody has to tell the Giants and Eagles to start losing games left and right. 9 wins won't win this division. Hell 10 games might get you a tie breaker. This season is all buy over.

I see losses for the other teams or at least games they could easily lose. giants have yet to play carolina and NE, that is 2 right there
giants
10 Nov 15 NE @ NYG MetLife 4:25 PM CBS

12 Nov 29 NYG @ WAS FedExField 1:00 PM FOX ...... one sure loss for one of them!!

13 Dec 06 NYJ @ NYG MetLife 1:00 PM CBS

14 Dec 14 NYG @ MIA Sun Life 8:30 PM ESPN

15 Dec 20 CAR @ NYG MetLife 1:00 PM FOX

16 Dec 27 NYG @ MIN TCF Bank 1:00 PM NOT COMMON FOX min now 6-2

17 Jan 03 PHI @ NYG MetLife 1:00 PM FOX....... one sure loss for one of them!!

-------------------------------------------

10 Nov 15 MIA @ PHI Lincoln Financial 1:00 PM HOME CBS

11 Nov 22 TB @ PHI Lincoln Financial 1:00 PM HOME FOX

12 Nov 26 PHI @ DET Ford Field 12:30 PM ROAD FOX NOT COMMON

13 Dec 06 PHI @ NE Gillette Stadium 4:25 PM ROAD FOX

14 Dec 13 BUF @ PHI Lincoln Financial 1:00 PM HOME CBS

15 Dec 20 ARI @ PHI Lincoln Financial 1:00 PM NOT COMMON HOME FOX

16 Dec 26 WAS @ PHI Lincoln Financial 8:25 PM HOME NFLN ...... one sure loss for one of them!!

17 Jan 03 PHI @ NYG MetLife Stadium 1:00 PM ROAD FOX ...... one sure loss for one of them!!
----------------------------------------------
10 Nov 15 NO @ WAS FedExField 1:00 PM FOX

11 Nov 22 WAS @ CAR Bank of America Stadium 1:00 PM FOX

12 Nov 29 NYG @ WAS FedExField 1:00 PM FOX ...... one sure loss for one of them!!

13 Dec 07 DAL @ WAS FedExField 8:30 PM ESPN

14 Dec 13 WAS @ CHI Soldier Field 1:00 PM FOX NOT COMMON

15 Dec 20 BUF @ WAS FedExField 1:00 PM CBS

16 Dec 26 WAS @ PHI Lincoln Finan 8:25 PM NFLN ...... one sure loss for one of them!!

17 Jan 03 WAS @ DAL AT&T Stadium 1:00 PM FOX

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
This will go down to the wire. We have a chance to be right there in the mix. As others have stated this team is a very good 2-6 team after our two stars, which are top 10 NFl players, are back 100%. We have to beat Tampa. We will beat Miami and Hardy will make sure we beat Carolina.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As far as winning the next two games, we MIGHT beat Tampa but as far as beating Carolina, fuggetaboutit.

superonyx

Reaction score
As far as winning the next two games, we MIGHT beat Tampa but as far as beating Carolina, fuggetaboutit.

I don't believe Carolina will go undefeated this year. If you look at their schedule and games so far you will notice that they have barely won most of their games. They are like we are only they score on the last drive instead of having the other team score.
Also they have a very soft schedule coming up in the second half of the season. I don't see them being any better than 14-2 (which is awesome). That means they have 2 losses coming and why can't one loss be to us with Romo?

I really don't see why so many fans have already written off the season. Sure the odds are not good. But if you let odds determine your confidence levels then you wouldn't even watch pro sports. Every year we (and every team) are long shots to win it all. But yet fans still have hope.

I wouldn't put my money on the line. But I don't bet on anything I can't control anyway.
Enjoy the ride as much as possible.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Is going 7-1, or 8-0 possible? Yes. Probable? No.

This team has WAY more problems than just the QB play or offensive limitations. This D is a dumpster fire right now, and to make matters worse-- the locker room is coming apart with all the distractions and pressure.

That said-- a W on Sun would be just what the doctor ordered. Then, the team gets a MASSIVE morale boost with Romo coming back. Is it enough to rally the entire team and for everyone to elevate their game and go on a run? Maybe. But it has to start with a gritty, well played game on Sun that gets us back in the W column.

Blake

Reaction score
exactly, lol we lost all 6 with no romo and 4 no dez, so this is sort of a unique situation.
If we had gone 2-6 with romo then I would say it is over too.
Most 2-6 teams are bad, dallas isnt that bad.

Yes, they are, and their 2-6 record reflects that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
be back on board with the team, and it will make the Carolina game exciting.
Dallas 4-6 playing what may be a undefeated team in Dallas.
At that point Dallas needs to beat them too, to make a statement.

Now this is all contingent with winning in TB and Miami, but Dallas is I think better on the road,
and of course Tony may be back for Miami game.

So This next game in Tampa is huge, and I think Matt knows this is his last start, so he will want to win,
and I think they all now just want to win one, and TB is not a gimme or easy win, but doable.

With our coaches I dont have a lot of confidence, but i think the players may take it upon themselves
to win this one.

I predicted a loss the last 2 games, but I am now predicting a win for the cowboys, one that could be
the start of a win streak.
3-6
4-6
5-6 at this point things would be looking different ?

Fair weather fans will for sure. Then there are those who like to hate on somebody no matter the record.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Now this is all contingent with winning in TB and Miami, but Dallas is I think better on the road,

So This next game in Tampa is huge, and I think Matt knows this is his last start, so he will want to win,
and I think they all now just want to win one, and TB is not a gimme or easy win, but doable.

With our coaches I dont have a lot of confidence, but i think the players may take it upon themselves
to win this one.

I predicted a loss the last 2 games, but I am now predicting a win for the cowboys, one that could be
3-6
4-6
5-6 at this point things would be looking different ?[/quote

"IF"....sorry but so tired of seeing that word...

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I want Dallas to win their next two and go on an epic winning streak. Want it bad. But, this is all under the hopes that Romo comes back in mid-season form. If Romo comes back rusty, which is possible if not expected, then this season is pretty meaningless come December. They needed to win one or two games prior to this to stand a reasonable chance and they came away with epic failure instead.

Good news is that I am looking good in FF, so at least there's that.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't believe Carolina will go undefeated this year. If you look at their schedule and games so far you will notice that they have barely won most of their games. They are like we are only they score on the last drive instead of having the other team score.
Also they have a very soft schedule coming up in the second half of the season. I don't see them being any better than 14-2 (which is awesome). That means they have 2 losses coming and why can't one loss be to us with Romo?

I really don't see why so many fans have already written off the season. Sure the odds are not good. But if you let odds determine your confidence levels then you wouldn't even watch pro sports. Every year we (and every team) are long shots to win it all. But yet fans still have hope.

I wouldn't put my money on the line. But I don't bet on anything I can't control anyway.
Enjoy the ride as much as possible.

Yeah, I haven't necessarily written off the season but the odds do seem extraordinarily against us in that regard. Carolina and Superman in particular, has a knack of completing those ungodly longballs that have proven to be such a tough thing for us to handle in the past.

I think Romo is capable of stringing some games together but whether or not he'll be able to get enough of them to qualify us for the playoffs is another dubious question entirely. It'd be quite a hat trick if he managed to pull it off and I'd surely be thrilled to see it happen. Not holding my breath for it, though.

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Winning the TB game is what's important. Not for some crap one game at a time rhetoric, but because it serves two legitimate purposes. A) it helps regain some confidence for everyone not named Romo. B) it gives Romo a little bit of breathing room. Right now the team has 2 losses to play with. I would much rather give Romo room for 2 losses than expect him to carry the team to a 6-1 or record againsta tough schedule.

2 losses to play with?

You guys act like the Giants and Eagles are just going to close shop and let the Cowboys catch them. Each win by either team puts us 2 games back with fewer games to catch up.

mrmojo

Reaction score
The Commanders are 3-5 and in a better position than us and we still have them twice.......

Sydla

Reaction score

to win this one.

3-6
4-6
5-6 at this point things would be looking different ?

Not if Philly wins the next two as well, which they likely will.

Sydla

Reaction score
Look guys. Here's the deal. If we win the next three like the OP states then we are likely 1 game out of 1st place with 5 to go because I expect the Giants and Eagles to lose to New England.

Eagles play Miami and Tampa at home and then in Detroit in their next three. So even if we win three in a row, the Eagles likely will as well and we'll be two games out with 5 to go.

Spitting the bit against the Eagles Sunday night was a death blow to the season. that's just reality.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Give me maybe a 5 game winning streak and then we'll talk.

This. It's a real uphill battle and expecting Romo to be mid season/game ready form is going to be tough. He'll have some rust and our offensive line has to keep him upright to have enough success to pull out some wins. This weekend will tell the tale for this season. I have a terrible suspicion that the Giants are going to go on a tear from here on out may even beat NE. The Eagles suk and they will die down the stretch.
However all that said, the football Gods have ways of throwing curves into the mix late in the season. We have had more than our share of adversity and just hope/pray we're in the playoff conversation a few weeks from now.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams ran the table before winning the last 6 games, or 7-1 type records. Teams with poor records. I know a few made the playoffs, but can't remember what teams.
I know the Steelers 2 times had 2-6 records and finished 8-8, in 2006 & 2013. Did not make playoffs but it can be done, and depends on what the other teams in the division do obviously. I did look that up, as I thought it was them who won the last 6 and made the playoffs. Unless it was before 2005, as i didn't go back further than that. As no one cares, LOL
But with this divsion, anything is possible.
I am with...just win a game first....then go from there

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We have a chance but I have a feeling that Green Bay will wreck our season.

superonyx

Reaction score
2 losses to play with?

You guys act like the Giants and Eagles are just going to close shop and let the Cowboys catch them. Each win by either team puts us 2 games back with fewer games to catch up.

I don't think either Eagles or Giants are going to close shop and not try...
I just don't think either team is better than an 8-8 team.
Sure they could go on a run like we could also. And it would mean we can't catch them.
The point is that no one knows what will happen. No one.
Why not enjoy the rest of the season and give yourself a routing interest in the rest of the season?
Are you afraid of being let down? Aren't you anyway if we don't win a playoff game or more?
I'm choosing the way that allows me to continue to be entertained since isn't this what sports are anyway?