If Dallas wins next 2 games you will all be back on board with the team***Merged***

EST_1986

Reaction score
Im still on board with the team, somehow someway #9 is going to pull this thing off

Sydla

Reaction score
If you have any delusional thoughts on winning the division, you better pray Miami beats Philly in Philly on Sunday.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The way the League put together Dallas' schedule did them no favors. Four divisional games in the 1st eight games eliminates the late season division games that can determine the winner. Generally, the schedule would have a bunch of division games in December but alas, not in 2015. So, now Dallas needs other teams help to achieve any goals they had coming into the season.

Early season losses mean so much more this season.

The way the schedule rolled really has little to do with it. In fact, it was actually favorable. Getting games like NO and ATL for example. Seattle in particular has an insane history of success in November and December over the last few years.

The six successive losses is what didn't do us any favors. A couple of wins, even ONE, would change things dramatically.

It is not about counting victories. It is counting on that plus the type of winning streak that only truly elite football teams can muster. You saw an elite football team for the last six weeks? I sure didn't.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
The loss Sunday night put Philadelphia in the driver's seat.

Win versus Miami, Win versus TB, Win versus DET. All doable to put them at 7-4

NE makes 7-5. Then Buffalo, Arizona, Washington and the Giants again. Even a split in those four games puts them at the magical 9-7 that everyone thinks is an automatic division title.

Yeah, if we do get 9-7 our only loss has to be outside the division with WSH helping us as well by beating PHI n NYG. I'd rather see us just win out.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Dallas and Philly play the same opponent the next two weeks, and some of you think that Dallas is going to win both of those games and Philly isn't? It's just not likely to happen.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dallas and Philly play the same opponent the next two weeks, and some of you think that Dallas is going to win both of those games and Philly isn't? It's just not likely to happen.

I personally think Dallas is better than philly with Romo on the field. And it's not even close. Jordan hicks being ruled out for thr season really hurts their defense

Wayne02

Reaction score
I personally think Dallas is better than philly with Romo on the field. And it's not even close. Jordan hicks being ruled out for thr season really hurts their defense

But Romo is not on the field right now, and without him, Dallas is the worst team in the division. Hicks is a really good player for them, but they're also getting back their two starting linebackers that were hurt earlier in the season.

Sydla

Reaction score

Great. Too bad we have to play one of those two games without Romo and currently we are 0-6 without him. And Philly losing Hicks isn't as big a deal as people think because they were deep at ILB and got Alonso back and Ryans could be back in a week or two as well.

Again, you better pray Miami beats Philly. Right now, they are a 6 point under dog.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Great. Too bad we have to play one of those two games without Romo and currently we are 0-6 without him. And Philly losing Hicks isn't as big a deal as people think because they were deep at ILB and got Alonso back and Ryans could be back in a week or two as well.

Again, you better pray Miami beats Philly. Right now, they are a 6 point under dog.

Y'all all did this OMG Philly bit last year and again before this season. I know there are some of their fans posing here but mostly it just looks like a bunch of scared masochists.

Verdict

Reaction score
Well, if things were to "even out" then Eli Manning would blow his ACL on his way to the stadium to warm up for his next game, AND ODB would break his foot while ice skating, AND whoever were two of the best players on defense would get suspended for 4 games for allegedly beating up a woman and/or for substance abuse issues. The same thing would happen to Philly, except it would be Bradford, Murray and two of their best defenders. The same would be true with Washington.

I think all of us would agree that in that instance we would have a shot, and maybe even be favorites for the division crown sitting at 2-6.

The only real issue I have with our front office is that Sanchez and Griffin III are much better than what we had as backups, which really annoys me. Hell we could have brought in Vick for a bag of magic beans before the season started. I have no doubt that we could have won a game out of 6 with him.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well, if things were to "even out" then Eli Manning would blow his ACL on his way to the stadium to warm up for his next game, AND ODB would break his foot while ice skating, AND whoever were two of the best players on defense would get suspended for 4 games for allegedly beating up a woman and/or for substance abuse issues. The same thing would happen to Philly, except it would be Bradford, Murray and two of their best defenders. The same would be true with Washington.

I think all of us would agree that in that instance we would have a shot, and maybe even be favorites for the division crown sitting at 2-6.

The only real issue I have with our front office is that Sanchez and Griffin III are much better than what we had as backups, which really annoys me. Hell we could have brought in Vick for a bag of magic beans before the season started. I have no doubt that we could have won a game out of 6 with him.

I don't know about Vick. He got beat out by a 3rd stringer

phildadon86

Reaction score
But Romo is not on the field right now, and without him, Dallas is the worst team in the division. Hicks is a really good player for them, but they're also getting back their two starting linebackers that were hurt earlier in the season.

I was referring to when we play Miami. I think we can beat Tampa without romo. I think. I hope. And hicks was leading their team in turnovers. When we play Miami we will be at full strength is what I was alluding to

phildadon86

Reaction score

Miami is coming off a brutal loss against buffalo. And philly couldnt stop McFadden nevermind miller. You think Cassel is better than Tannehill? I don't

Wayne02

Reaction score
I was referring to when we play Miami. I think we can beat Tampa without romo. I think. I hope. And hicks was leading their team in turnovers. When we play Miami we will be at full strength is what I was alluding to

Oh sure, when Romo comes back, that obviously changes things and I would expect him to help the team beat Miami, I just think it'll be too late to matter. I don't think this team beats TB on Sunday.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I never left the team like most in here. The season is just starting.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Eagles play Miami and Tampa at home and then in Detroit in their next three. So even if we win three in a row, the Eagles likely will as well and we'll be two games out with 5 to go.

Spitting the bit against the Eagles Sunday night was a death blow to the season. that's just reality.

Ah. I misread their schedule. NE is the 4th game down. Still, I won't give up.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Food for thought:

Over the final 8 games of the 2014 season, Dallas gained 2 games on the Eagles, and 3 games on the Giants.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Oh sure, when Romo comes back, that obviously changes things and I would expect him to help the team beat Miami, I just think it'll be too late to matter. I don't think this team beats TB on Sunday.

Here's to hoping your wrong :)