If Dallas wins next 2 games you will all be back on board with the team***Merged***

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This will go down to the wire. We have a chance to be right there in the mix.

The loss Sunday night put Philadelphia in the driver's seat.

Win versus Miami, Win versus TB, Win versus DET. All doable to put them at 7-4

NE makes 7-5. Then Buffalo, Arizona, Washington and the Giants again. Even a split in those four games puts them at the magical 9-7 that everyone thinks is an automatic division title.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

NE makes 7-5. Then Buffalo, Arizona, Washington and the Giants again. Even a split in those four games puts them at the magical 9-7 that everyone thinks is an automatic division title.

We're due some good fortune. Maybe we'll see it in the form of one of the first three upsetting them.
I also think there's a good chance they drop 3 straight starting with New England. We need to win. Clearly.

superonyx

Reaction score
Eagles play Miami and Tampa at home and then in Detroit in their next three. So even if we win three in a row, the Eagles likely will as well and we'll be two games out with 5 to go.

Spitting the bit against the Eagles Sunday night was a death blow to the season. that's just reality.
If you believe what you are saying then why are you hanging around this place trying to convince others that it's dead and worthless?
Arts and Crafty Tony Romo has a better way to spend your Sunday's. Haha.
Screenshot_2015-07-25_at_3.54.40_PM.0.png

Alexander

Reaction score
We're due some good fortune. Maybe we'll see it in the form of one of the first three upsetting them.
I also think there's a good chance they drop 3 straight starting with New England. We need to win. Clearly.
We are not due anything. We have to make our own fortune.

Mincey said it best: He's not Jesus, you know? You can't sit and wait on him because there's some games we could've easily won without him being there. So it's our fault.

If the rest of the roster plays sloppy football that cost us a good chunk of the close games during the streak, Romo does not matter.

As for the Eagles, I don't see how Buffalo is a loss. That is not a very good football team. Realistically, all the Eagles have to do is basically split their remaining games and win one extra game to get to what Dallas has a one game margin of error to play with. That is why we really really blew it Sunday night. Very disappointing.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I don't see how we have 2 losses to play with..............we are 2-6 and 2 more losses will put us at 8-8...........I don't think 8-8 wins the division, not when the Giants already have 5 wins.

I may be wrong, but I do not think the Cowboys have ever won the East with a record of 500 or below since their inception in 1960. In fact, it has only happened just a couple of times in NFL history that a team wins their division at 500 or worse.

I think we have 1 loss to play with.............9-7 is the absolute worst we can be and still have a shot.

Yeah 8-8 is tough to win division but not impossible.

We needed giants to lose last week while we won. That would have been huge!
Gains 4-5
Cowboys 3-6

But... It didn't happen.....we have to get that back on the stretch run.

Alexander

Reaction score
Yeah 8-8 is tough to win division but not impossible.

We needed giants to lose last week while we won. That would have been huge!
Gains 4-5
Cowboys 3-6

But... It didn't happen.....we have to get that back on the stretch run.

This is the kind of thing that will probably be commonplace for a few weeks at least. Needed them to lose, oops, gosh darn it, they didn't cooperate.

That is a grueling exercise.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
This is the kind of thing that will probably be commonplace for a few weeks at least. Needed them to lose, oops, gosh darn it, they didn't cooperate.

That is a grueling exercise.

It's not an exercise.

We need help from other teams. Lots of help.
It's no secret.

If I had to pick I choose 2-6 with a slim chance as opposed to 1-7 or 0-8 with zero chance.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this team is not very good if romo would of stayed healthy they would have a better record and be in playoff contention. But now they have lost 6 games in a row I would just like to see them win a game. With all the locker room discord this team is done its over that's the reality of the season.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
be back on board with the team, and it will make the Carolina game exciting.
Dallas 4-6 playing what may be a undefeated team in Dallas.
At that point Dallas needs to beat them too, to make a statement.

Now this is all contingent with winning in TB and Miami, but Dallas is I think better on the road,
and of course Tony may be back for Miami game.

So This next game in Tampa is huge, and I think Matt knows this is his last start, so he will want to win,
and I think they all now just want to win one, and TB is not a gimme or easy win, but doable.

With our coaches I dont have a lot of confidence, but i think the players may take it upon themselves
to win this one.

I predicted a loss the last 2 games, but I am now predicting a win for the cowboys, one that could be
the start of a win streak.
3-6
4-6
5-6 at this point things would be looking different ?

5-6 would mean a win over Carolina, the best team in the NFC, so yes I would go from lets get a high draft pick, to uh oh, we may make this interesting.

slick325

Reaction score
The way the League put together Dallas' schedule did them no favors. Four divisional games in the 1st eight games eliminates the late season division games that can determine the winner. Generally, the schedule would have a bunch of division games in December but alas, not in 2015. So, now Dallas needs other teams help to achieve any goals they had coming into the season.

Early season losses mean so much more this season.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
We are not due anything. We have to make our own fortune.

Mincey said it best: He's not Jesus, you know? You can't sit and wait on him because there's some games we could've easily won without him being there. So it's our fault.

If the rest of the roster plays sloppy football that cost us a good chunk of the close games during the streak, Romo does not matter.

As for the Eagles, I don't see how Buffalo is a loss. That is not a very good football team. Realistically, all the Eagles have to do is basically split their remaining games and win one extra game to get to what Dallas has a one game margin of error to play with. That is why we really really blew it Sunday night. Very disappointing.

We shall see.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't think either Eagles or Giants are going to close shop and not try...
I just don't think either team is better than an 8-8 team.
Sure they could go on a run like we could also. And it would mean we can't catch them.
The point is that no one knows what will happen. No one.
Why not enjoy the rest of the season and give yourself a routing interest in the rest of the season?
Are you afraid of being let down? Aren't you anyway if we don't win a playoff game or more?
I'm choosing the way that allows me to continue to be entertained since isn't this what sports are anyway?

Fair enough.

I guess my optimism has waned with this 0-6 stretch, and I'm tired of engaging in the "what if" scenarios.

But I shouldn't rain on your parade or try to steal your optimism. Keep hope alive. :)

Big D

Reaction score
If Romo could return to play some defense then we might have a chance. I'm sorry but even with Romo this defense is horrible. Sure ,we'll extend a few drives that keep the defense off the field a bit more but when it comes down to it this defense cannot stop any team from going down the field when they need to. The turnover #s from last year fooled us into thinking this D is formidable when then reality is it needs a complete overhaul.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Is going 7-1, or 8-0 possible? Yes. Probable? No.

This team has WAY more problems than just the QB play or offensive limitations. This D is a dumpster fire right now, and to make matters worse-- the locker room is coming apart with all the distractions and pressure.

That said-- a W on Sun would be just what the doctor ordered. Then, the team gets a MASSIVE morale boost with Romo coming back. Is it enough to rally the entire team and for everyone to elevate their game and go on a run? Maybe. But it has to start with a gritty, well played game on Sun that gets us back in the W column.

Defense gave up 13 points in two of the last 3 and 20 last game.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

What have you seen of the Eagles that makes you think any of those games are going to be easy?

Alexander

Reaction score
What have you seen of the Eagles that makes you think any of those games are going to be easy?

Tampa, Miami are struggling. Detroit is going into the ground and shoveling dirt on themselves as we speak.

The back half after NE is more challenging, but not impossible.

I am not giving them any of those games, but like I said, they just have to split and win one more.

Dallas has to basically win out and hope everyone else just unravels.

Alexander

Reaction score
Fair enough.

I guess my optimism has waned with this 0-6 stretch, and I'm tired of engaging in the "what if" scenarios.

But I shouldn't rain on your parade or try to steal your optimism. Keep hope alive. :)

It is only going to get more exhausting counting on everyone else falling apart for the next half of the season.