If Deshaun Watson gets less than a year, Zeke should sue the NFL

blueblood70

Reaction score
However, on the ground of a loss of income, Zeke is would have a good argument. Watson, assuming he gets 4 games, would lose 4 game checks, despite having 24+ accusers, and he had to settle. Zeke didn't as there was no criminal activity found and was deemed not guilty by the NFL's investigator, yet still lost 6 game checks. This would show an imbalance and that Zeke should not have lost that salary. On that front, I think Zeke could win.
True also lost the opportunity to go 3 Straight rushing titles right out of college and i feel that was his for sure..that big in his historical reputation. Instead, it smeared his rep and ruined his 17 seasons.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Almost sounds like there's more to a team than the QB.

There’s more to a team than a QB just putting up numbers that was proven by Matt Stafford’s career in Detroit. The Texans obviously had enough offensively for Watson to excel. The problem with Houston was their defense which ranked 27th in 2020. Big passing numbers can sometimes indicate a QB is playing from behind a lot.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There’s more to a team than a QB just putting up numbers that was proven by Matt Stafford’s career in Detroit. The Texans obviously had enough offensively for Watson to excel. The problem with Houston was their defense which ranked 27th in 2020. Big passing numbers can sometimes indicate a QB is playing from behind a lot.

I know, that was a rhetorical comment.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/...pension-lawsuit-rumor-cleveland-browns-sexual

Former Texans and current Browns QB Deshaun Watson is threatening to sue the NFL if he gets a minimum of a one year suspension. In my view, if he gets less than a year suspension, Zeke should sue the NFL. There was no settlement necessary for Zeke in his case, and the NFL's investigator stated that the accuser wasn't credible. In my view, this stinks, and, if Watson gets his way, it just goes to show how badly Zeke got screwed in 2017. As such, we would have been screwed out of the 2017 season.
If the owners can do it why can't the players? Wrong is wrong. To be honest I feel Zeke got screwed and did nothing according to the NFL's investigator. Deshaun on the other hand....we KNOW something went down. But I still don't understand how Deshaun could get penalized for something that the NFL deemed a non issue with an actual NFL owner. The big difference is that the owners are the commish boss and the players answer to the commish.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/...pension-lawsuit-rumor-cleveland-browns-sexual

Former Texans and current Browns QB Deshaun Watson is threatening to sue the NFL if he gets a minimum of a one year suspension. In my view, if he gets less than a year suspension, Zeke should sue the NFL. There was no settlement necessary for Zeke in his case, and the NFL's investigator stated that the accuser wasn't credible. In my view, this stinks, and, if Watson gets his way, it just goes to show how badly Zeke got screwed in 2017. As such, we would have been screwed out of the 2017 season.
Collective Bargaining agreement says 6 games and that is a push because there was no history with Watson as there was a history with Elliott.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke allegedly did that, but that's not certain. It's a fact that the NFL's own investigator stated that his accuser was not credible. As such, he should not have been suspended for that. I'd concede that he should have received a suspension for the immature things that he did that offseason. However, that likely wouldn't have been more than a 2-4 game suspension. Not the full 6 he got.
Nfl doesn’t go by law. Right or wrong.

I’m inclined to think something happened. So 4 is fine and 6 is too much? Splitting hairs.

kskboys

Reaction score

I’m inclined to think something happened. So 4 is fine and 6 is too much? Splitting hairs.
By law? Why should they? No employer goes by law when hiring/firing employees.

kskboys

Reaction score
If the owners can do it why can't the players? Wrong is wrong. To be honest I feel Zeke got screwed and did nothing according to the NFL's investigator. Deshaun on the other hand....we KNOW something went down. But I still don't understand how Deshaun could get penalized for something that the NFL deemed a non issue with an actual NFL owner. The big difference is that the owners are the commish boss and the players answer to the commish.
How do you guys not understand power and money?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Man let it go. They screwed up on Zeke so does that mean they have to keep screwing up?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Well, exactly, and yet, it sounds like Watson might be getting a slap on the wrist compared to Zeke.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I think 4 would have been too much as well honestly. I think 2 would have been fair, but I could have seen 4 depending on how they deemed his offseason actions. And the two extra games could well have been a big deal. If he was only going to miss 4 (assuming it goes that way), then who knows how that season plays out? Maybe the Eagles still have an empty case?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Watson had DeAndre Hopkins arguably the best receiver in the game around him for most of his career. It’s not like he had nothing around him.

And he had a WR, I forget his name, from Notre Dame who, when not dealing with Miles Austinitis (aka hamstring issues) was a solid 2 WR option. So, he had adequate talent.