*IF*Drew Bledsoe Goes down for season in Preseason

kartr

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Aikman could throw it deep, we didn't have an offense that could make it effective. When he needed zip on it he had it.

I'm not sure Pennington has it.

Solid point on the WCO thing. He is accurate. I just don't see him as a focal strength of an offense. Just a guy.

Aikman could only throw it deep to the left side. If he threw it deep to the right side, they always went out of bounds, even if the receiver was wide open. Think about it. Playoff game against Carolina on the road;Billy Davis had his man beat by 10 yards and in the same game deep down the left side, Kevin Williams had his man beat by 5 yards, Aikman threw it 10 yards short for an int. The excuse the announcer made for him was he was just disgusted that Irvin and Deion were injured

kartr

Reaction score
Tio said:
Carter isn't as intelligent, calm, or accurate as pennington, which all trump arm strength

He's intelligent enough to get his team to the playoffs without Pennington's help and he's intelligent enough to help Pennington get his own team to the playoffs. Like him or not, he really can play. The Jets fans recently ran a poll that went Carter or the Fiedler elf. Carter won. Most of them would take him back in a heart beat over Fiedler, drug problems and all. You see, Bollinger is regarded as a stop-gap option at best by the organization and some fans debated whether Penny should have waited a while longer before coming back. You see, Carter's long ball is kind of fun to watch. Interesting note; every year that Carter's been in the league, he's finished in the top 5 or 10 in 1ong td passes completed.

kartr

Reaction score
Nors said:
Hollywood Henderson, Irvin, Lett

Terry Glenn was given a second chance

And so was Kerry Collins(alcohol), Brian Griese(alcohol), Tommy Kramer(alcohol) too. What about coach Gruden(dwi), coach Ditka(dwi, over the age of 50), and what about Leonard Little(he even killed a woman). Erik Williams wrecked his car and injured his leg, hey even George W. Bush has had problems. You can be president, but you can't play QB for Dallas, somethings wrong with this picture.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I'm just not sold on Pennington, he's got Kosar arm strength. He has not overly impressed me.

kartr

Reaction score
junk said:
If he is so good, why is he unsigned and generating zero interest?

How do you know he is generating zero interest? The teams don't tell the media about everything they're doing. And I doubt the media is asking any team about Carter, so why would the teams volunteer that they're interested. Besides, it's not even June yet, people are conducting mini-camps and trying to get handle on their rookies, they know what veteran QB's are available and what their skill level is. This is the dead period of free agency, things will pick up after June 1st when some teams can create some cap room. People also know that Carter was signed by the Jets just 2 weeks before the season started and he did just fine. There's no need for them to rush yet, but just wait til a starting QB gets hurt.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
"There's no need for them to rush yet, but just wait til a starting QB gets hurt."

That was my initial post, What if Bledsoe goes down.....

kartr

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
:rolleyes:

well go right on living in that fanatasy land little world of your's because Carter isnt coming back and right now isnt even being given the time of day by 31 other franchises, several of whom need backup or at least #3 guys...he's had a terrible career and ruined what little bit of chance at mediocrity he had by smoking dope...he's a L O S E R

David

Name callings' not necessary or very civil David. Just because you don't like somebody, there's need to be rude and even if Carter is a loser, he's till a better option than Bledsoe or Henson because, Bledsoe lost his job to an untried rookie and his team didn't trust him to win games and Parcells enough to let him play. Parcells does trust Carter to play, if he's healthy, but he doesn't trust Henson either way and neither does the other 31 teams that passed him over, at least the Jets and Bucs showed interest in Carter; who has shown interest in Henson besides Dallas?

kidcard76

Reaction score
dude... dont scare me like that.... i didnt read the "if" part... damn i almost peed myself....

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
kartr said:
How do you know he is generating zero interest? The teams don't tell the media about everything they're doing. And I doubt the media is asking any team about Carter, so why would the teams volunteer that they're interested. Besides, it's not even June yet, people are conducting mini-camps and trying to get handle on their rookies, they know what veteran QB's are available and what their skill level is. This is the dead period of free agency, things will pick up after June 1st when some teams can create some cap room. People also know that Carter was signed by the Jets just 2 weeks before the season started and he did just fine. There's no need for them to rush yet, but just wait til a starting QB gets hurt.

He isn't visiting anywhere. The media does a pretty good job of reporting visits and TB was the last one that took a sniff at QC.

Anyway, if he was good, teams would sign him no matter what time of year it was. Aaron Glenn lasted about a day and half on the market. If a team really wanted him to compete, they would sign him to get him brushed up on the playbook and developing chemistry with his WRs.

At this point in his career, QC is a marginal back up talent at best. He may get signed, but it would be in that role only.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kartr said:
Just because you don't like somebody, there's need to be rude and even if Carter is a loser, he's till a better option than Bledsoe or Henson because, Bledsoe lost his job to an untried rookie and his team didn't trust him to win games and Parcells enough to let him play. Parcells does trust Carter to play, if he's healthy, but he doesn't trust Henson either way and neither does the other 31 teams that passed him over, at least the Jets and Bucs showed interest in Carter; who has shown interest in Henson besides Dallas?
There were several teams that were interested in trading with Houston for Henson. I see NO teams interested in picking up QC. To say QC is a better option than Bledsoe or Henson it a bit of a reach. After all, he is one slip away from another suspension. How much of a better option would he be then?

kartr

Reaction score
Nors said:
Well stated - back to my initial post. If Bledsoe goes down for season do we sign Carter as vet backup? He knows the system, not that far a reach.

Thank you sir for the comment. I believe we do before any one else gets the idea, say Nick Saban. If he is going to let Ricky come back, why not Carter since his current QB's suck and Carter has won in this league with a lesser supporting cast. I also believe Carter's problem has more to do with not being with the Cowboys, his childhood team. Coming back to the team could give him a new lease on life and he in turn would be a valuable asset should Bledsoe get injured or struggle. I'm not worried about Henson starting any time soon. Parcells' has already stated that the reason he didn't want to play Henson, because 'this aint no practice league', and that's exactly what it would be if we played Henson. We'd be throwing away a whole year just to see what he had. It's not fair to the rest of the team to sacricfice all their hard work just for one player. Let Henson stay 3rd string behind Carter and when or if he is ever ready, let him compete like everyone else. We don't owe Henson a thing yet, cause he's done nothing to even prove he's better than Romo, an undrafted free agent. Carter has already proven he's head and shoulders better than Romo.

blindzebra

Reaction score
kartr said:
Thank you sir for the comment. I believe we do before any one else gets the idea, say Nick Saban. If he is going to let Ricky come back, why not Carter since his current QB's suck and Carter has won in this league with a lesser supporting cast. I also believe Carter's problem has more to do with not being with the Cowboys, his childhood team. Coming back to the team could give him a new lease on life and he in turn would be a valuable asset should Bledsoe get injured or struggle. I'm not worried about Henson starting any time soon. Parcells' has already stated that the reason he didn't want to play Henson, because 'this aint no practice league', and that's exactly what it would be if we played Henson. We'd be throwing away a whole year just to see what he had. It's not fair to the rest of the team to sacricfice all their hard work just for one player. Let Henson stay 3rd string behind Carter and when or if he is ever ready, let him compete like everyone else. We don't owe Henson a thing yet, cause he's done nothing to even prove he's better than Romo, an undrafted free agent. Carter has already proven he's head and shoulders better than Romo.

How about backing up your crap with actual facts, and not the BS you have yet to cop to.

Typical troll behavior and what a shock, you and Nors agree.;)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
kartr said:

Ricky and Carter together? :D

That would be a brilliant idea. Might as well let them bunk together as well. The Doobie Brothers.

kartr

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
There were several teams that were interested in trading with Houston for Henson. I see NO teams interested in picking up QC. To say QC is a better option than Bledsoe or Henson it a bit of a reach. After all, he is one slip away from another suspension. How much of a better option would he be then?

Those teams were interested in Henson before the workout, afterwards, they all walked away unimpressed according to the article I read. They said they didn't see the accuracy and didn't like his mechanics. One of them even said that, 'He aint' going to help anybody soon'. That's why those teams drafted the likes of Luke McCown,Jeff Smoker,Craig Krenzel,Ken Dorsey,etc.The teams that drafted this rabble could of offered a 1st, or 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th, or even a 6th for Henson and chose to offer nothing. They simply turned on the heel and walked away, saying don't call us, we'll call you. This hardly seems like the attitude teams with QB questions would have toward a potential franchise QB. Even the guys at NFL.COM seem puzzled that there wasn't more interest in Henson. I'm not, you see, the guys at NFL.COM are mostly sports writers, who fall for the hype every time.

blindzebra

Reaction score
kartr said:
Those teams were interested in Henson before the workout, afterwards, they all walked away unimpressed according to the article I read. They said they didn't see the accuracy and didn't like his mechanics. One of them even said that, 'He aint' going to help anybody soon'. That's why those teams drafted the likes of Luke McCown,Jeff Smoker,Craig Krenzel,Ken Dorsey,etc.The teams that drafted this rabble could of offered a 1st, or 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th, or even a 6th for Henson and chose to offer nothing. They simply turned on the heel and walked away, saying don't call us, we'll call you. This hardly seems like the attitude teams with QB questions would have toward a potential franchise QB. Even the guys at NFL.COM seem puzzled that there wasn't more interest in Henson. I'm not, you see, the guys at NFL.COM are mostly sports writers, who fall for the hype every time.

Post the article than, fact boy.

kartr

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
How about backing up your crap with actual facts, and not the BS you have yet to cop to.

Typical troll behavior and what a shock, you and Nors agree.;)

My quotes from Parcells' are just that, direct quotes. Carter has said that he always admired Roger Staubach, just like the rest of us. In February of 2003, somebody name Cowboy Roy or was it Aikman Lives posted that Carter was going to be released in favor of Hutch according to Jerry Jones. That was when Carter had his 1st UH-Oh, and the second was in June 2004 when Vinnie was signed. This was about 6 wks after Dallas tried to sign Kerry Collins. Collins wouldn't bite. No way was he going to sign a one year deal to back up Carter or be the care-taker until Henson was ready in 2005,Tee-hee-hee. So Carter had figured after being told in January of 2004 that he was the starter and that weren't going to draft a QB of the future or sign a veteran to compete with that he could no longer trust BP or JJ to be honest and that he was just being strung along until Henson was ready, so his career was in a virtual limbo. He still had two more years on his contract, so he could'nt leave, and he couldn't start because they wanted a veteran to replace him after all. No matter what he did, he was screwed. That last few lines of my diatribe was conjecture as to what Carter might have been thinking after he figured out that he had been betrayed by BP.

Think about this, what if Carter had never touched drugs. Vinnie would have still been the starter last year and Bledsoe would have been brought here this year because he is a BP guy and Carter would be backing up Bledsoe and sitting the bench another year until Henson is ready in 2006, if ever. What would Carter's value be then, sitting on the bench for 2 years? Would the Cowboys' resign him in 2006 as Henson's backup? Would another team give him a chance to start somewhere else. plus he will turn 29 in 2006. Carter knew he would join the scrap heap of the Jeff Blake's,Tony Banks,Kordell Stewart,Charlie Batch. QB's who were given brief periods to start and then doomed to be permanent bench warmers while the Josh McCowns, A.J. Feelys,etc. would be given starting opportunities again and again. Are you going to tell me that guys like these are better than Carter or Tony Banks? Are you going to tell me that Doug Flutie and Jim Miller or Danny Kanell are better backups than Tony Banks or Quincy Carter or Jeff Blake.

kartr

Reaction score
junk said:
Ricky and Carter together? :D

That would be a brilliant idea. Might as well let them bunk together as well. The Doobie Brothers.

That's a good one, but Ricky will be playing cause he has to, Carter will play because he wants to.

blindzebra

Reaction score
kartr said:
My quotes from Parcells' are just that, direct quotes. Carter has said that he always admired Roger Staubach, just like the rest of us. In February of 2003, somebody name Cowboy Roy or was it Aikman Lives posted that Carter was going to be released in favor of Hutch according to Jerry Jones. That was when Carter had his 1st UH-Oh, and the second was in June 2004 when Vinnie was signed. This was about 6 wks after Dallas tried to sign Kerry Collins. Collins wouldn't bite. No way was he going to sign a one year deal to back up Carter or be the care-taker until Henson was ready in 2005,Tee-hee-hee. So Carter had figured after being told in January of 2004 that he was the starter and that weren't going to draft a QB of the future or sign a veteran to compete with that he could no longer trust BP or JJ to be honest and that he was just being strung along until Henson was ready, so his career was in a virtual limbo. He still had two more years on his contract, so he could'nt leave, and he couldn't start because they wanted a veteran to replace him after all. No matter what he did, he was screwed. That last few lines of my diatribe was conjecture as to what Carter might have been thinking after he figured out that he had been betrayed by BP.

Think about this, what if Carter had never touched drugs. Vinnie would have still been the starter last year and Bledsoe would have been brought here this year because he is a BP guy and Carter would be backing up Bledsoe and sitting the bench another year until Henson is ready in 2006, if ever. What would Carter's value be then, sitting on the bench for 2 years? Would the Cowboys' resign him in 2006 as Henson's backup? Would another team give him a chance to start somewhere else. plus he will turn 29 in 2006. Carter knew he would join the scrap heap of the Jeff Blake's,Tony Banks,Kordell Stewart,Charlie Batch. QB's who were given brief periods to start and then doomed to be permanent bench warmers while the Josh McCowns, A.J. Feelys,etc. would be given starting opportunities again and again. Are you going to tell me that guys like these are better than Carter or Tony Banks? Are you going to tell me that Doug Flutie and Jim Miller or Danny Kanell are better backups than Tony Banks or Quincy Carter or Jeff Blake.

All you have is what ifs and outright fabrication, funny how 8 out of 10 was actually 5 out of 10 with 4 bad games by Carter, oh well.

Parcells was so in love with Quincy that we signed Romo, traded for Henson and signed Vinny, hmmm...:rolleyes: