*IF*Drew Bledsoe Goes down for season in Preseason

Verdict

Reaction score
jman said:
You're kidding...right?

I would rather dig up a dead body and prop him up behind center than to touch Quincy. QUOTE]

I loved that quote. Keep up the good work

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Wow - I go off to the ball fields for 2 games come back and this sucker mushroomed!

Again, Carter would be a great #3 Vet QB if we lost Bledsoe. Better option than VT.

We won 10 games with him in 2003.
I agree with him being a better option, but he is not a feasible option because he lost the trust of the Head Coach. Vinny did not. It's really that simple.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
Parcells also said that he wasn't ruling out bringing Carter back at a later date, people seem to conviently forget that. Parcells' rep has taken some hits also, because of Belichek's success and he has said that he wants to win now. Well, he won't win with Romo or Henson this year, because they aren't ready yet, that's why Bledsoe was brought in. Carter won games with Hambrick,Galloway and nut-case Bryant as supports, with Keyshawn and Glenn and real running backs, Carter could put up pro bowl numbers;he's already passed for 3300 yards in a season against 8 of the top 10 defenses. This season could really be special. With or without Bledsoe and no Carter, we can't make the playoffs, defense or no defense, Bledsoe has averaged a winning percentage of .503. He's basically a 8-8 QB and Parcells' said he didn't want Griese, cause he's not looking for an 8-8 QB. Carter has won 60% of his last 20 starts. If you really think Henson is a better option, just look how uneven Patrick Ramsey,David Carr,Joey Harrington,Byron Leftwich,Eli Manning,Carson Palmer and other first round QB's have played early in the careers. Quincy Carter has had a better career so far than all of them.
Utter nonsense.

If he was better than those guys he'd be starting ahead of one of them.

Parcells comment about not ruling out bringing him back was curious. He later said he couldn't trust him. He didn't bring him back. Not even over 2 kids he has more experience than and was above on the depth chart.

This really isn't all that hard to figure out.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
kartr said:
Carter knew he would join the scrap heap of the Jeff Blake's,Tony Banks,Kordell Stewart,Charlie Batch. QB's who were given brief periods to start and then doomed to be permanent bench warmers while the Josh McCowns, A.J. Feelys,etc. would be given starting opportunities again and again. Are you going to tell me that guys like these are better than Carter or Tony Banks? Are you going to tell me that Doug Flutie and Jim Miller or Danny Kanell are better backups than Tony Banks or Quincy Carter or Jeff Blake.

Quite predictable and tiresome if you ask me.

Jeff Blake has had several starting gigs at multiple teams, only to eventually lose them to poor play. In fact, Blake has had more starting chances than most QBs in league history!!! He's had the opportunity to start for Cincy, Arizona, Baltimore, and New Orleans. Four teams and he's a backup in Philly as we speak. He's been in the league since 1992 for crying out loud. And he's not getting any chances???

Tony Banks has started games for four teams since 1996, including THREE seasons in St. Louis. He started 10+ games for both Washington AND Baltimore! Face it, his play put him in the so-called "scrap heap." Not his skin color! You also failed to mention he was the #2 for the Texans last season. And then you bring up Kordell Stewart to bolster your argument?
rolleyes.gif
That guy has had more lives than Morris the Cat. Give me a break!

On the filp side...Josh McCown has only started 24 NFL games, all for the Cardinals. Feely started only eight games at Miami, all last season. His other starts were as an Eagles' third stringer when Detmer and McNabb were injured. Where on earth are you getting that these (white) guys are given starting opportunities "again and again"??? You got the s*** backwards, dude.

You just blew away any sliver of credibility I might have thought you had when you decided to use race (unsuccessfully I might add) in an attempt to bolster your argument and defense for Quincy Carter. To top it off, your examples actually validate the exact opposite of what you were trying to allege to begin with. Laughable!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
kartr said:
Name callings' not necessary or very civil David. Just because you don't like somebody, there's need to be rude and even if Carter is a loser, he's till a better option than Bledsoe or Henson because, Bledsoe lost his job to an untried rookie and his team didn't trust him to win games and Parcells enough to let him play. Parcells does trust Carter to play, if he's healthy, but he doesn't trust Henson either way and neither does the other 31 teams that passed him over, at least the Jets and Bucs showed interest in Carter; who has shown interest in Henson besides Dallas?

like I said, fantasy land

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
kartr said:
Those teams were interested in Henson before the workout, afterwards, they all walked away unimpressed according to the article I read. They said they didn't see the accuracy and didn't like his mechanics. One of them even said that, 'He aint' going to help anybody soon'. That's why those teams drafted the likes of Luke McCown,Jeff Smoker,Craig Krenzel,Ken Dorsey,etc.The teams that drafted this rabble could of offered a 1st, or 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th, or even a 6th for Henson and chose to offer nothing. They simply turned on the heel and walked away, saying don't call us, we'll call you. This hardly seems like the attitude teams with QB questions would have toward a potential franchise QB. Even the guys at NFL.COM seem puzzled that there wasn't more interest in Henson. I'm not, you see, the guys at NFL.COM are mostly sports writers, who fall for the hype every time.

wow, thats totally the opposite of everything I read in print...thanks for making this up and sharing it with us though

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
kartr said:
That's a good one, but Ricky will be playing cause he has to, Carter will play because he wants to.

I doubt either of them plays...nobody will want either one of them, especially Carter...Carter's totally free to sign anywhere right now and still nobody wants him...

David

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
wow, thats totally the opposite of everything I read in print...thanks for making this up and sharing it with us though

David

What... you don't subscribe to the "Carter Cornett"? :D

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'm going to switch gears for a minute and hope this can turn into an interesting thread.

Is anyone besides me not impressed with Pennington as a QB? Sorry LTN. I thought he'd be more than he is. Just not impressed with him. I'm open to listening to it being the OCs fault, but I don't see him do anything more than lob passes to his targets. No zip, no swagger.

I'm not really. He's got a good attitude, but I'm with you here, Hos.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
:jerk:

dbair1967 said:
couldnt agree more...there are two or three people who have no business being allowed on this forum and he's one of them, yet they dont do anything about it

like I said, eventually it might be enough for me to just leave myself...

David

:eek:hboy: ............................................ :crossed: .................................... :loser:

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
couldnt agree more...there are two or three people who have no business being allowed on this forum and he's one of them, yet they dont do anything about it

like I said, eventually it might be enough for me to just leave myself...

David

Be sure not to let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.

flamethrower

Reaction score
Nope those 2 are not in the plans. Why you ask? Because no Playing time last season. and No Time in NFL Europe either. So the Great Experiment will happen during Live Games for Real. Face it Bledsoe is just this seasons Vinnie

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Is anyone besides me not impressed with Pennington as a QB? Sorry LTN. I thought he'd be more than he is. Just not impressed with him. I'm open to listening to it being the OCs fault, but I don't see him do anything more than lob passes to his targets. No zip, no swagger.

TH, just saw this now or I would have replied sooner.

No need to apologize...I think that Chad is a very fiery leader, but his play itself lacks, as you say, "swagger".

This year will see how much was the OC and how much limitations in his game.

Heimerdinger is a guy who wants explosion in his O, and this year he will have CP coming out of the shot gun a bit.

Of course, Chad was injured last season and might not be back at full strength for some time..bottom line is he will always compare more (ideally of course) to Montana than Marino, but there should be a lot more of that "swagger' built into this year's Jets Offensive design.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
TH, just saw this now or I would have replied sooner.

No need to apologize...I think that Chad is a very fiery leader, but his play itself lacks, as you say, "swagger".

This year will see how much was the OC and how much limitations in his game.

Heimerdinger is a guy who wants explosion in his O, and this year he will have CP coming out of the shot gun a bit.

Of course, Chad was injured last season and might not be back at full strength for some time..bottom line is he will always compare more (ideally of course) to Montana than Marino, but there should be a lot more of that "swagger' built into this year's Jets Offensive design.
Thank you for the response. I am anxious to see if the OC change helps. I liked him coming out of college. I just think he lob passes too much. No zip on anything.