If Dwayne Haskins were to fall to our pick

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Do you draft him to replace Dak?

Just look @ it this way....Your saving money by not extending Dak...and giving him Tony Romo money...which he isn't worth it.

Rumors are floating around that he may be slipping.

I would, but I'm biased (OSU alum) and he won't fall to 58. That, and the Cowboys aren't looking to replace Dak (regardless of what any of us think about it).

glimmerman

Reaction score
I would have never guessed Randy Gregory falling to our pick either. He was top 5 throughout the draft process. Where was he selected?

Pick 2/60....in the 2015 draft

Where do we pick this year???? Pick 2/58.

It's possible....that's all I'm saying:popcorn:

Especially if the Cards pass on Kyler Murray. That starts the chain reaction of QBs falling....in all my mock draft scenerios. And I think steam is building that the Cards actually pass on Murray.:rolleyes:
Then it’s kind of a no brainer. I would do it.. lol

rags747

Reaction score
Yes lets play musical chairs with QB. That's always a recipe for success. Then when Haskins gets here (he won't, he will be gone in the 1st round), you guys will say he's trash and overrated and then want to draft someone in 4 years. Rinse, repeat.

Dak is actually a leader. Romo was not even close to a leader. Also, Dak is better than Haskins.

And he will be well gone by the time we draft.
Now if Dak actually had Romo’s Arm and Brain talent then we would have something. Fortunately Dak is a leader, Unfortunately he has low low levels of arm talent.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So let me understand this logic. You have a solid qb who’s good enough to win. You want to let him go in fear of the salary cap for someone who is unproven. Yeah that logic is genius.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Now if Dak actually had Romo’s Arm and Brain talent then we would have something. Fortunately Dak is a leader, Unfortunately he has low low levels of arm talent.
There’s nothing wrong with his arm talent. He’s exactly where Romo was at when he was 25. You guys are having selective memory.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
the OP just asked a question and its the same old answers.

Draft: This just in the Dallas Cowboys have the second pick in the draft.

Cowboy fans: Why, no one will be there, all the players are picked in the first spot.

Reality: Players have dropped numerous times and we have 7 rounds.

Cowboy fans: Stupid reality.

Trust me, 70 percent of the board had Zeke and the rest of the draft gone in the first pick

Than what happens, "this question is stupid, but i ll reply with an even worse answer"

Personally I dont know Floaty, im bad with the scouting this year, what are your pros and cons for the QB?

GenoT

Reaction score
Kansas City trading Mahomes to us for our 6th and 7th picks is probably more likely than Haskins falling to 58.

bb721

Reaction score
I would have never guessed Randy Gregory falling to our pick either. He was top 5 throughout the draft process. Where was he selected?

Pick 2/60....in the 2015 draft

Where do we pick this year???? Pick 2/58.

He fell to 60 because he failed a drug test at the combine. The only way Haskins gets near our pick is if something similar happens. I am a Randy Gregory fan, but don’t want to go through that process again.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ok...I'll play. Follow me here

Cards pass on Murray...

Teams that need QBs

Miami....not taking a QB..waiting for 2020

Cincy...takes Murray

Washington...takes Lock

NYG takes Jones w/ their 2nd 1st....then who?

Raiders???? Don't see them moving on from Carr

Chargers...want to win now....

My dark horse could be Tampa in the 2nd....but after that....who takes him the 2nd?

33 Arizona Chris Lindstrom OG Boston College 6' 4" 310
34 Indianapolis Johnathan Abram S Mississippi State 6' 0" 215
35 Oakland Taylor Rapp* S Washington 6' 0" 212
36 San Francisco Hakeem Butler* WR Iowa State 6' 6" 225
37 NY Giants Brian Burns* DE Florida State 6' 5" 218
38 Jacksonville Deionte Thompson* S Alabama 6' 2" 196
39 Tampa Bay Chauncey Gardner-Johnson* CB Florida 5' 11" 210
40 Buffalo Mack Wilson* ILB Alabama 6' 2" 239
41 Denver Marquise Brown* WR Oklahoma 5' 11" 165
42 Cincinnati Zach Allen DE Boston College 6' 5" 285
43 Detroit Jachai Polite* DE Florida 6' 2" 245
44 Green Bay Dalton Risner OT Kansas State 6' 5" 300
45 Atlanta Garrett Bradbury OC NC State 6' 3" 300
46 Washington Kaleb McGary OT Washington 6' 6" 320
47 Carolina Amani Oruwariye CB Penn State 6' 0" 210
48 Miami Rock Ya-Sin CB Temple 6' 2" 190
49 Cleveland Josh Oliver TE San Jose State 6' 5" 250
50 Minnesota Oshane Ximines OLB Old Dominion 6' 3" 250
51 Tennessee Trayvon Mullen* CB Clemson 6' 1" 190
52 Pittsburgh Vosean Joseph* OLB Florida 6' 0" 225
53 Philadelphia Jeffrey Simmons* DT Mississippi State 6' 4" 301
54 Houston Elgton Jenkins OC Mississippi State 6' 4" 304
55 Houston Jaylon Ferguson DE Louisiana Tech 6' 5" 255
56 New England Julian Love* CB Notre Dame 5' 11" 195
57 Philadelphia Erik McCoy* OC Texas A&M 6' 4" 303
58 Dallas

Who on this list is going to take him???? Tennessee???? Pittsburgh??? By the way...this isn't my mock..just pulled it off to show...nobody is gonna take this guy.
ok, if you say so...we will know by next week...won't we?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yes lets play musical chairs with QB. That's always a recipe for success. Then when Haskins gets here (he won't, he will be gone in the 1st round), you guys will say he's trash and overrated and then want to draft someone in 4 years. Rinse, repeat.

Dak is actually a leader. Romo was not even close to a leader. Also, Dak is better than Haskins.

And he will be well gone by the time we draft.

Floatlowly has hated Dak since day 1.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So let me understand this logic. You have a solid qb who’s good enough to win. You want to let him go in fear of the salary cap for someone who is unproven. Yeah that logic is genius.
question is we know what dak is and what his ceiling is. is Haskins celing higher? if yes, then you make the move.... you keep Dak for the next two years and see what you have in Haskins, and if Haskins is good, you let Dak walk....if Dak is good enough, then you sign Dak and you trade haskins....worst case scenario...you waste a 2nd round pick.

rags747

Reaction score
There’s nothing wrong with his arm talent. He’s exactly where Romo was at when he was 25. You guys are having selective memory.
No selective memory at all. I love Dak as a leader of men, I just wish he was more than a linebacker playing QB, but with the right supporting cast it may work out but he will never be a qb that is going to rip it up and down the field at will.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Floatlowly wanted Moore starting over Dak not too long ago.
LOL.... there used to be another fan on another board called leeblair and he was the biggest Moore fan. he claimed he had never seen a talent like him and he has HOF potential and that garrett wasted his talents..... too funny

he was the biggest garrett hater... he also thought Tashard choice was emmitt smith type talent and garrett wasted his talents too...

Last edited: