If Fans Ran This Team

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395487 said:
you said 2 WR and a TE.....
No I didn't. I said,

"Two out wide, 1 in the slot and a TE."

That is 3 WRs and a TE. Or do you assume someone other than a WR is in the slot?

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;2395497 said:
Mistakes are made by every team every game. If you are looking for a perfect game, Madden is the only place you'll ever find it.

It is stupid to think Ferguson was going to be on this team. He just wasn't going to be here. Teams make "business decisions" every off season. Just like when we kept Ferguson and let La'Roi Glover go.
You're dedicating an awful lot of words in this thread to saying absolutely nothing.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;2395500 said:
The media would hate us. I know that for a fact right now.

If that's the case then I already know I'd love that job.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395494 said:
Ratliff could off went back to DE don't you think?
They tried to move him to DE this year. He resisted the move and wanted to stay as the NT. It has been a good move as Spears is playing well at DE this year and Ratliff is our best NT.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2395504 said:
You're dedicating an awful lot of words in this thread to saying absolutely nothing.
Ferguson on this team was a pipe dream. I like the guy. I miss his humor. The team misses his leadership.

Spilled milk.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2395503 said:
No I didn't. I said,

"Two out wide, 1 in the slot and a TE."

That is 3 WRs and a TE. Or do you assume someone other than a WR is in the slot?

I thought you were saying 2 WR and one TE and one of the WR were in the slot i misread what you stated......my first read would be the slot WR . then that TE would #2 the 3rd option would be the WR on the same side as the the TE 4th option would be the other WR and the 5th would be the RB.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;2395515 said:
Ferguson on this team was a pipe dream. I like the guy. I miss his humor. The team misses his leadership.

Spilled milk.

It's a mark against the decision makers. Money is not an issue. We've paid through the nose for people who have made less of a difference than guys like Ferguson would have this season. If Jerry WANTS to pay someone - he pays him.

Ferguson didn't qualify for that role, though we sure could have used him.

It's not spilt milk, it's an indication of incompetent decision making. If your point is to say "Yeah these are mistakes, quit complaining and wishing you ran the team Madden-fans", then save it - or put the server on the fritz until we work through our annoyance with the tailspin this team is on by ourselves and you don't have to see it. Until then the asinine questions and overexaggerations and generalizations about who the "fans" would have on the team are simply nonsense normally reserved for a much lower "class" of poster.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;2395515 said:

Spilled milk.

Its much more than spilled milk.

Its the run defense getting run over. The idea of a 3-4 defense I always thought was for the outside backers and ends to funnel things back inside and let the interior backers and nose tackle stop the run. That is what I have heard parcells, stewart and ellis and ware say many times.

yet how can you do that when johnson is a doormat. When ratliff is in the run defense is good for the most part, the minute tank is in the game he gets abused.

Ferguson played the run great. and he wasnt too old or too expensive. He just wasnt a pass rusher which is all we heard about with this defense when phillips showed up. Even ferguson got defensive about it in camp last year claiming how he could get up field if he had to.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2395509 said:
They tried to move him to DE this year. He resisted the move and wanted to stay as the NT. It has been a good move as Spears is playing well at DE this year and Ratliff is our best NT.

This is true....didn't know he was against moving back to DE though....Spears is playing well better than I thought he would and Ratliff is playing out of his mind at NT IDK where the problem with the D lies out....maybe they need to make more plays

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theebs;2395491 said:
So you think the staff is improved?

You think the players dont notice the difference?

I sure do. The players really liked that staff and they had alot of respect for them.

and jason ferguson was a locker room leader and he was there in camp last year for the guys to lean on. Little things like that have a big effect as time goes on.
I would say some parts of the staff are improved and some took a hit.

I did not like Todd Bowles or Tony Sparano. I don't like Campo. I really like Reggie Herring. I think long term he will be a great addition. I wanted Mike Solari, but Houck has had results everywhere he went. I believe he will get these guys in sync. He's a good coach.

Didn't really have an opinion on Grantham. Didn't think Pasqualoni was all that impressive here.

I wanted Dennis Thurman. Before that I really wanted Emitt Thomas. The Falcons and Ravens made me hate birds when they wouldn't let them go.

I wanted Dom Capers. Plenty of people assured me he wasn't the answer. Some of them are now saying we should have kept him and sent Brian Stewart packing. Sounds familiar.

We have a good enough staff and team to win this year. It is a travesty that they are not getting it done. I don't think the season is over.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Nope.

First thing is the worst GM in football would never had been hired. Buy-bye jerry from football operations.

The rest of the problems and mistakes would never have happened and our decade of futility would have been spared.

Hostile;2395134 said:
We would have no coaching staff beyond Joe Avezano on Special Teams.

We would have Witten, Barber, Ware, Romo, and Folk and all the other current players would not be here since they are "simply not good enough."

That means we would have to fit 48 players into the remaining salary cap room and have no room to re-sign Ware.

But we'd be better off...somehow...don't ask me how...I have no friggin' clue.

But you know it probably works in Madden.

Too bad :madden:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395525 said:
I thought you were saying 2 WR and one TE and one of the WR were in the slot i misread what you stated......my first read would be the slot WR . then that TE would #2 the 3rd option would be the WR on the same side as the the TE 4th option would be the other WR and the 5th would be the RB.
So you aren't reading the defense at all, just citing where your target options are in the wrong order?

Yeah, sign you up. You're all that and a bag of chips.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2395531 said:
It's a mark against the decision makers. Money is not an issue. We've paid through the nose for people who have made less of a difference than guys like Ferguson would have this season. If Jerry WANTS to pay someone - he pays him.

Ferguson didn't qualify for that role, though we sure could have used him.

It's not spilt milk, it's an indication of incompetent decision making. If your point is to say "Yeah these are mistakes, quit complaining and wishing you ran the team Madden-fans", then save it - or put the server on the fritz until we work through our annoyance with the tailspin this team is on by ourselves and you don't have to see it. Until then the asinine questions and overexaggerations and generalizations about who the "fans" would have on the team are simply nonsense normally reserved for a much lower "class" of poster.

theebs;2395532 said:
Its much more than spilled milk.

Its the run defense getting run over. The idea of a 3-4 defense I always thought was for the outside backers and ends to funnel things back inside and let the interior backers and nose tackle stop the run. That is what I have heard parcells, stewart and ellis and ware say many times.

yet how can you do that when johnson is a doormat. When ratliff is in the run defense is good for the most part, the minute tank is in the game he gets abused.

Ferguson played the run great. and he wasnt too old or too expensive. He just wasnt a pass rusher which is all we heard about with this defense when phillips showed up. Even ferguson got defensive about it in camp last year claiming how he could get up field if he had to.
If you guys need to believe that Jason Ferguson being traded means this team has no direction, be my guest.

Teams make decisions like that every off season. I cited the factors that were weighed. They rolled the dice with Tank Johnson. I can't fault that decision based on the factors weighed. No GM would have kept Ferguson given the circumstances.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
chinch;2395545 said:
Nope.

First thing is the worst GM in football would never had been hired. Buy-bye jerry from football operations.

The rest of the problems and mistakes would never have happened and our decade of futility would have been spared.
Proof that Fantasyland is not just a Disney attraction.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2395546 said:
So you aren't reading the defense at all, just citing where your target options are in the wrong order?

Yeah, sign you up. You're all that and a bag of chips.

Of course I'm reading the defense you didn't ask that from me. So i just assumed that both safeties were playing 2 deep.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395579 said:
Of course I'm reading the defense you didn't ask that from me. So i just assumed that both safeties were playing 2 deep.
Actually I did ask that. Never mind.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2395134 said:
We would have no coaching staff beyond Joe Avezano on Special Teams.

We would have Witten, Barber, Ware, Romo, and Folk and all the other current players would not be here since they are "simply not good enough."

That means we would have to fit 48 players into the remaining salary cap room and have no room to re-sign Ware.

But we'd be better off...somehow...don't ask me how...I have no friggin' clue.

But you know it probably works in Madden.

Too bad :madden:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the biggest 'Madden' fan of all IS RUNNING THIS TEAM.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Bach;2395627 said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the biggest 'Madden' fan of all IS RUNNING THIS TEAM.

LOL so true. It's quite amusing that people actually think Jerruh is not the problem :laugh2:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I skipped part of the thread, but Fergy absolutely should have been kept, and there definitely was room for him and Tank. Why not throw a spare like Stephen Bowen off the team instead? Tank is showing he should probably be an end anyway. You can't have enough good D-linemen.

But that's just one decision, and it's not like Fergy would've turned the team around by himself.

I do think Jerry is a horrid GM. Without question. Being a GM is putting a team together, not simply writing checks for big-name players. The single thing I like about Jerry's GMing lately is his trade downs in the draft for more picks... But that's about it.

Still, the premise Hos started the thread with is correct. Fans are so knee-jerk, they can and will say anything... And unlike a real GM, they can always change their minds back the next week with zero consequences.