If I Am Dak, My Price Just Went Up To $45 A Year

Eddie

Reaction score
Then you let him walk and if you have a Top pick in this draft, you take a QB.

Just that simple.

Jerry still wants to show that he's a football maverick, so he'll wait until the 7th round to get a gem QB.

Doesn't matter who our QB is ... this team is hot trash.

Doesn't matter who our coach, QB, players are ... Jerry Jones is the common denominator.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Again we see what they are without Dak and that is that this team is maybe a 3-13 team without Dak for a year but a 7-8 win team with him even as much of a mess as it is and I am being optimistic on the 3-13 because they could finish that right even with Dak spotting them 2 of the wins.

Could you imagine if the Rams were like "we did not make the playoffs so lets cut Donald"? That does not happen because common sense prevails and teams build around their franchise players. Step 1 to winning for this team is to trade that high draft pick and find some franchise players on defense.

We don't have a franchise. We have a bunch of guys collecting a check. Dak will take 20% of the cap space next year so I guess we will need to hit on a starter on every pick in the next draft because right now we're nine short on defense and probably five on offense.

I like Dak but he can't carry this team.

Sydla

Reaction score
How has the Cowboys played two games post Dak? Let me remind you a laughing stock.

With him we are 1-1. They likely lose to Arizona even with Dak given the defense couldn’t stop them.

Again this isnt about Dak. It’s about the fact even with him the team was mediocre.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Again we see what they are without Dak and that is that this team is maybe a 3-13 team without Dak for a year but a 7-8 win team with him even as much of a mess as it is and I am being optimistic on the 3-13 because they could finish that right even with Dak spotting them 2 of the wins.

Could you imagine if the Rams were like "we did not make the playoffs so lets cut Donald"? That does not happen because common sense prevails and teams build around their franchise players. Step 1 to winning for this team is to trade that high draft pick and find some franchise players on defense.

If the Cowboys were trending like the Rams, this makes sense. The Rams went to the SB two years ago, and have a relatively young QB and surrounding cast. Plus, Donald will average in the mid $20 million cap hit wise. He is possibly the best player in the entire league regardless of position.

renny

Reaction score
With him we are 1-1. They likely lose to Arizona even with Dak given the defense couldn’t stop them.

Again this isnt about Dak. It’s about the fact even with him the team was mediocre.
The point is Dak has done his job regardless of the record and the Cowboys always had a chance to win with him at QB. All the other stuff you're talking about is just air.

RamziD

Reaction score
Average points per game with Dak............36

Average points per game without Dak.......6.5

This team is not even competitive without Dak, scoring 30 points per game less. Let me repeat that, we are scoring 30 POINTS PER GAME LESS!

Dak and his agent be like..............

t9IhAZ.gif
Which just goes to show you how stupid this FO is.

InTheZone

Reaction score
bye. If the players gave up we don't need them here, just as many Dak defenders call the haters and trolls, "don't need em, don't want em".

Cut the cancer out the team and find the alphas we need.

renny

Reaction score
The point is Dak has done his job regardless of the record and the Cowboys always had a chance to win with him at QB. All the other stuff you're talking about is just air.
Andy Dalton hasn't won a game as the starting QB. The game in which Dak was hurt doesn't count as a win for Dalton he finished the game, his record is 0-2.

Ken

Reaction score
A) we don't have a good OC
B ) the OL dropoff that happened at the same time was horrific
C) zeke ain't done jack
The OL hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. We did lose a great one for a couple of games in Martin but the OL is not an excuse for anything from Prescott to Dalton.

Adreme

Reaction score
We don't have a franchise. We have a bunch of guys collecting a check. Dak will take 20% of the cap space next year so I guess we will need to hit on a starter on every pick in the next draft because right now we're nine short on defense and probably five on offense.

I like Dak but he can't carry this team.

The offense is fine.

The defense is going to need some new pieces and obviously if you are building through the draft it will take more than one draft but if you trade the high pick you will likely get this year there is some capital to do so.

Basically the Cowboys right now are paying for the bad drafts of the past 3 years so it will take a couple good ones to get out of it. The 2020 draft seems like it went okay(ish) but it will take a second or 3rd good draft to really have a great defense but they can probably make a passable one in one more draft and firing the DC.

Adreme

Reaction score
If the Cowboys were trending like the Rams, this makes sense. The Rams went to the SB two years ago, and have a relatively young QB and surrounding cast. Plus, Donald will average in the mid $20 million cap hit wise. He is possibly the best player in the entire league regardless of position.

Would you have preferred if I had used Wilson and the Seahawks or a few years ago used Drew Brees and the Saints? I picked an easy one to demonstrate the simple concept that you do not throw out the good players with the bad. The team is losing now because it failed to draft well for 3 years. Now it needs to ideally draft better (2020 seems okay to good) and that will get it back where it needs to go in a year or two.

CWR

Reaction score
That will never happen. We will trade him and draft a QB before we exhaust our entire cap on one player. Love Dak but cmon.

ICP

Reaction score
If Jerruh was smart he'd let him walk and sign a QB with that top five pick next year. But Jerruh is dumb and will probably give him $50 mil a year and be unable to afford fixing anything else on this mess of a team.

LOL what am I talking about, Jerruh couldn't fix this mess even if there wasn't a salary cap

Blitzen

Reaction score
Would you have preferred if I had used Wilson and the Seahawks or a few years ago used Drew Brees and the Saints? I picked an easy one to demonstrate the simple concept that you do not throw out the good players with the bad. The team is losing now because it failed to draft well for 3 years. Now it needs to ideally draft better (2020 seems okay to good) and that will get it back where it needs to go in a year or two.

The team is easily 3-4 years away from contending, with Dak or without. This is not a quick fix. The offensive line likely needs an upgrade at LG and a new starting LT. Almost the entire defense needs to be replaced or upgraded. The end.

Dak is neither Drew Brees or Russell Wilson with regards to his status in the NFL spectrum. Both are SB winning QB's and have historically been some of the best QBs ever. Yes, not always but still. Those guys always get paid.

If the franchise looked like they did last year with a healthy line, I would not expect more than average performance as it stands. MM and company don't seem to be bringing anything extra. Better to blow the whole thing sky high, and hope that when the poop really hits the fan, that Jones and company actually submit.