If Jason Garrett goes, so should Dak Prescott

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And what other Dallas QB has done more than that since Aikman? Mr. "I need my post count up"
Since he constantly makes jabs about intelligence, makes silly comments about older folks, never posts anything remotely happy and overall comes across as a tool I'm gonna guess he's too young to remember any relevant QB before Romo.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Tony Romo wildcard round in 2006, divisional round in 2007, won playoff game in 2009 and got divisional round. I will quote you here, what you specifically said: "What some of you don't realize is we have a QB that has gotten us to a point during the season that no other QB has done since Troy Aikman."

you get the Rams game last year was not the championship game right? Maybe get a checkup because this wasn't that long ago and you're already not remembering correctly.
You are absolutely right. I actually worded it wrong. I knew that. I meant no further than what Dak got us since Aikman.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Since he constantly makes jabs about intelligence, makes silly comments about older folks, never posts anything remotely happy and overall comes across as a tool I'm gonna guess he's too young to remember any relevant QB before Romo.
:lmao:

CB61

Reaction score
Our coaching staff didn’t hold Romo back. And it didnt appear to be holding Elliot back or Cooper.

It’s entirely possible that Daks skill set is holding himself back.
It's possible but remember Tony Romo is Tony Romo and no one else will ever be Tony Romo

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With Garrett being in the final year of his contract and Jerry Jones already talking this team up - this needs to be it. If Garrett fails to improve upon what we did in 2018, he needs to walk and take Prescott with him.

Normally, I wouldn't attach a player to the coach, but whatever coach we bring in should be allowed to draft the QB that best suits their system. The 2020 QB class is looking to be deep, you potentially have Tua who is in the mold of a Russel Wilson, Herbert who can make every throw on the field with good mobility, and your prototypical pocket passer in Fromm - then you have interesting prospects such as Costello and Eason whom could end up being late first round to early second round picks as well.

Unless Garrett and Prescott take the next step, we should not consider them our future and there will be plenty of options out there to replace and move on.
You never hire a coach what's the next a blush team and allow them to change the starting quarterback. If you're starting a team from scratch the first thing
With Garrett being in the final year of his contract and Jerry Jones already talking this team up - this needs to be it. If Garrett fails to improve upon what we did in 2018, he needs to walk and take Prescott with him.

Normally, I wouldn't attach a player to the coach, but whatever coach we bring in should be allowed to draft the QB that best suits their system. The 2020 QB class is looking to be deep, you potentially have Tua who is in the mold of a Russel Wilson, Herbert who can make every throw on the field with good mobility, and your prototypical pocket passer in Fromm - then you have interesting prospects such as Costello and Eason whom could end up being late first round to early second round picks as well.

Unless Garrett and Prescott take the next step, we should not consider them our future and there will be plenty of options out there to replace and move on.
I disagree with this in so many ways. San Francisco possibly would have had a Superbowl ring if they kept Smith at quarterback. When you hire a head coach and you have annexed a blush team your head coach matches your players format. If you're starting from scratch then the head coach can do it he wants. So you're saying let's get rid of everybody like the Oakland Raiders didn't start over. Totally disagree

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Garrett's had his shot, with now TWO QBs ( Romo and Dak ) and couldn't get it done. Dak not so much, let's give him a little more time.
Jason Garrett took this youngest starting overall team third youngest in the league to the second round of the playoffs. He deserves an opportunity to finish what he started.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If the next coach comes in, after Dak having another mediocre to poor season, I will 100% guarantee we didn't snag the best coach on the market but instead grabbed whatever coach we believe best suits Prescott.

That's not exactly how this should go down. 4 years of Prescott is enough to know what we got in him.
Prescott's had a mediocre season. Second round of the playoffs is mediocre

Qcard

Reaction score
Read the thread this has already been discussed

Dak Prescott needs to show he's more than just a poor man's Alex Smith

Jason Garrett has had 8 seasons with us - he needs to win a Super Bowl. No excuses.
Statistically Dak has been better than Alex Smith over the 1st 3 years of there careers, whether it is Individual or team accomplishments.
So your poor man Alex Smith opinion is based on "eye test" opinion and NOT facts.

How do we know you are right about Dak? Have you ever been wrong about your QB assessment?

Bill Polian Veteran GM stated even the best evaluators at best hit on .575 on their picks.

I agree in reference to Garrett, I love the guy but unless the team gets to the Championship Game, we should think about moving on

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Statistically Dak has been better than Alex Smith over the 1st 3 years of there careers, whether it is Individual or team accomplishments.
So your poor man Alex Smith opinion is based on "eye test" opinion and NOT facts.

How do we know you are right about Dak? Have you ever been wrong about your QB assessment?

Bill Polian Veteran GM stated even the best evaluators at best hit on .575 on their picks.

I agree in reference to Garrett, I love the guy but unless the team gets to the Championship Game, we should think about moving on

Alex Smith never had the low Dak had just by losing two players back in 2017 to mid 2018. So no, he's not even Alex Smith.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Let me use a team achievement to prop up an individual"

Still see this thread is attracting stupid comments. Surprise...surprise.
Who had the highest quarterback rating in last year's playoff series. That's an individual statistic you can measure by. That's right it was Prescott. Put that in your pipe and smoke it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Let me use a team achievement to prop up an individual"

Still see this thread is attracting stupid comments. Surprise...surprise.
you post a stupid tread expect to get what you get. I guess you never thought it through.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Who had the highest quarterback rating in last year's playoff series. That's an individual statistic you can measure by. That's right it was Prescott. Put that in your pipe and smoke it

Of QBs who played 2 games in the playoffs? It was Patrick Mahomes

Mahomes - 98.1
Prescott - 91.3

So, you're wrong.

If you want to compare only the NFC

Drew Brees - 95.6
Prescott - 91.3

Still wrong.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Mahomes - 98.1
Prescott - 91.3

So, you're wrong.

Drew Brees - 95.6
Prescott - 91.3

Still wrong.
How nice to put Patrick Mahomes, and Dak Prescott in the same sentence. And you said he wasn't worth it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Mahomes - 98.1
Prescott - 91.3

So, you're wrong.

Drew Brees - 95.6
Prescott - 91.3

Still wrong.
Not wrong just a different statistic LMAO you're totally clueless when it comes to evaluating Prescott as a quarterback obviously. I'm sure there's other things you don't understand other things about this franchise but that's okay you can still be a cowboy brother