Twitter: If Jersey sales are any indicator, Dak is king

khiladi

Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong but Jerry doesn’t directly gain anything from jersey sales.

The NFL does though which indirectly benefits the Cowboys but the Jaguars get just as much from Dak Jersey sales as the Cowboys.

So Roger Goodell is smiling. He can screw Zeke and the Cowboys but they still buy him tons of revenue to claim and job security.

No, Jerry worked out a separate deal. Cowboys don’t share any of the revenue, which is probably one of the reasons why other owners probably resent him.

Gator88

Reaction score
This thread is going to attract a lot of Dak haters and his haters probably out number his supporters. From what I’ve seen on this board you might have to go back to the mid to late 80s to find a Cowboys QB that’s received as much abuse from the fan base as Dak. Most of the hate is coming from the Romo lovers.
:lmao2: Let's live in reality, Dak hasn't had 1% of the unfounded hate that Romo experienced.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You can't be serious lol.

Some of you construe criticism for hate. There’s probably only a handful of posters on this board that wanted to move on from Romo prior to 2016. Being critical of a player and pointing out some flaws isn’t hating them. More than half the fanbase doesn’t want Dak as the starter. There’s comments being made about him that I never saw made about Romo. Romo never even had close to this many fans not want him to be the starting QB of the team. There’s legit dislike/hate for Dak on this board and most of it is coming from the Romo supporters. Dak is being blamed for this season. Hardly anyone ever blamed Romo for a disappointing season. It’s crazy what’s going on here.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Heard Stephen discussing a Dak friendly offense. They have to tailor the offense to fit his game. What went down with Romo in 2016 happened real quick. One minute he was the starter and the next minute he was being released. We were able to adjust on the fly in 2016 because Romo going down in preseason gave us a little time. Our great running game in 2014 took a lot of pressure off Romo. He was able to lean on the running game that season as did Dak in 2016. The issues we had on the OL, at receiver and with Zeke’s suspension put too much on Dak’s shoulders.

We have to design an offense than isn’t so dependent on a great running game. There’s going to be games where we can’t run the ball well and there may be some games where Zeke is out with an injury. If it’s me I’m looking for a speed wide receiver with our first or second pick. We have to move those safeties back and stretch the field. We need to add some explosiveness to our passing game. We can’t just depend on Zeke for big plays and to run the ball consistently every single week. We also have to add a solid backup LT. We have a lot of work this offseason.
:rolleyes:

Truth be told,that #4 could raze the opposition for 100 yards per game on HIS legs alone ,in a running & gunning style, hell's afire Mabel,,,let #21 pull a moose style lead block for #4 in a drop back ' play action' ploy for once,heh?
It would DEFINITELY be more fool worthy than that lame lucky #13 bootlegged sweep that was in JG's m-t bag of nonexistent trickso_O

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’ve been doing Cowboy boards since 02 and you would have to go back to the days of Quincy Carter to see this kind of abuse on a Cowboys QB by their own fanbase.

Gator88

Reaction score
Some of you construe criticism for hate. There’s probably only a handful of posters on this board that wanted to move on from Romo prior to 2016. Being critical of a player and pointing out some flaws isn’t hating them. More than half the fanbase doesn’t want Dak as the starter. There’s comments being made about him that I never saw made about Romo. Romo never even had close to this many fans not want him to be the starting QB of the team. There’s legit dislike/hate for Dak on this board and most of it is coming from the Romo supporters. Dak is being blamed for this season. Hardly anyone ever blamed Romo for a disappointing season. It’s crazy what’s going on here.

There were tons of people that blamed Romo for a disappointing season, many more than the minority that are blaming Dak right now. As for being critical vs wanting to replace him, I will say that I can't remember Romo being a borderline bottom 5 QB for half of a season like Dak was the second half of this season.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong but Jerry doesn’t directly gain anything from jersey sales.

The NFL does though which indirectly benefits the Cowboys but the Jaguars get just as much from Dak Jersey sales as the Cowboys.

So Roger Goodell is smiling. He can screw Zeke and the Cowboys but they still buy him tons of revenue to claim and job security.

Correct, and not correct. But its more right then wrong.

The league gets money from the rights to Jersey sales. Basically the league gets a yearly check from the maker for the right to make and sale Jerseys.

The Players as a whole get the revenue sales pool. So basically Dak is making money for the lesser known players.

Shows the ignorance in this forum in trying to throw out "clever" jabs at Jerry.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Sit down& draw a deep breath ,bro! afore you go into a vapor-lock.
That Cooper Rush certainly do appear to have a quick release,,, er,,,combined with that all important capability to " throw his man open"
Now,I know this is a rather 'off the cuff' & impertinently pressing question I'm fixing to lay on you KJJ but have you ever done much upland wing shooting or feathered flight game hunting?o_O
(If so,do you think #4 has?,,,)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There were tons of people that blamed Romo for a disappointing season, many more than the minority that are blaming Dak right now. As for being critical vs wanting to replace him, I will say that I can't remember Romo being a borderline bottom 5 QB for half of a season like Dak was the second half of this season.

There’s no minority of fans blaming Dak it’s been a majority of them. Open your eyes. Romo got blamed for some big games we lost and his turnovers contributed but few ever blamed him for a disappointing season we had. He never had a bad year statistically. His problem early on was playing at a high level in critical games and avoiding turnovers. I can’t recall Romo ever playing behind an OL that had the struggles this one did at LT.

You take Zeke away from Romo for six games and put him behind this OL with Chaz Green and Bell and he would’ve gotten killed. No way does Romo survive this season and everyone knows it. Our receivers and OL didn’t get the job done.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sit down& draw a deep breath ,bro! afore you go into a vapor-lock.
That Cooper Rush certainly do appear to have a quick release,,, er,,,combined with that all important capability to " throw his man open"
Now,I know this is a rather 'off the cuff' & impertinently pressing question I'm fixing to lay on you KJJ but have you ever done much upland wing shooting or feathered flight game hunting?o_O
(If so,do you think #4 has?,,,)

Have another one on me...cheers!

Swanny

Reaction score
Cowboys had 1. Prescott; 2. Elliott; 11. Bryant and 14. Witten in the top 50 players in terms of merchandise sales.

That just makes Jerry Jones smile.

Just more jerseys, T-shirts, wall decals, figurines, vinyl collectibles, bobbleheads, plush dolls, drinkware, socks, holiday ornaments and novelties sold.
And people think he is a terrible owner. They guy is a money printing machine. 20+ years of sucking and still makes the most money! Jerry has us fans wrapped around his finger

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Correct, and not correct. But its more right then wrong.

The league gets money from the rights to Jersey sales. Basically the league gets a yearly check from the maker for the right to make and sale Jerseys.

The Players as a whole get the revenue sales pool. So basically Dak is making money for the lesser known players.

Shows the ignorance in this forum in trying to throw out "clever" jabs at Jerry.
Yet your clarification clearly visually clears nothing as to the pertinence to the pertaining question at hand,MAN!o_O

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Well me thinks ye have a short memory of the entire Romo yeras. Yes, of mythical proportions from 2015-2016 and beyond but those were the no-Romo years. Do you remember the furor when he signed that contract in 2013?. The highest salaried QB in the NFL at the time!! And for 2 playoff wins!! I wasn't on fan zone back then but I was on the DC fan site and trust me half were for it and half were against it. Now go back a wee bit further to 2007-2009. Romo was vilified for "Cabo". the statement "if the worst thing that happens to me is losing a football game I've had a good life" and his leadership skills were debated endlessly by the media and fans. Romo wasn't always of mythical proportions. The fact is "you never know what you have until it's gone". That holds true for #9 and #4

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
JJ is king make no mistake. All others are pawns in his game. Romo was a pawn, made a pile of cash though. Dak? May never make the cash of Romo. who knows. I may be wrong but I doubt Romo or Dak saw/see much return on jersey sales. The NFL does and Jerry does. Indirectly we do because it keeps the team in Dallas, not California where football teams go to die