If the Eagles are done with Wentz, the Cowboys need to get him

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak had better OL and RB and WR combos and lost so many playoff and other games against losing teams . Surprisingly he is not being blamed . Why is Wentz being blamed then with a worse team ?
actually the eagles OL was better than the cowboys and Wentz has had better WR group than Dak for most of his career. and definitely the best TE sets in the game.....

and when Dak got Cooper, then he was the #1 passer in the league....something wentz couldn't smell in his wildest dream....and wentz is made of crystal, sneeze and he gets hurt for 3 games.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Speaking of crap thread/ideas, remember the guy who said trade Chaz Green for a 3rd after his abysmal year? Who was that?
I think it was @Mobinvans , but I'm not sure anymore.

That was gold.

nobody

Reaction score
I'm all for signing and keeping Dak, but I get tired of people talking about how he had the number one offense.....which is entirely true but misleading. That's a metric totaled in yards only and has nothing to do with scoring or td throws.

Generally, Dak struggles with that aspect in the first couple of quarters in games and it's a regular thing. Then the Cowboys have to play catch up, while also dealing with their defense being exhausted because the offense couldn't do its job.

Note, that's not all on Dak, but he contributes. And he's very good and should be signed...but defending him with the "Number one offense" stance is lame. SCORES are what matters. Who cares if they got 400 yards but can't get in the red zone? Looking at the career stats between Dak and Wentz, there's not a whole lot of difference.....which tells you that stats can certainly mislead because anyone can see Dak is a much better QB than Wentz. Neither are guys that can carry a team and both need plenty of help....but those kind of QB's are super rare.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm all for signing and keeping Dak, but I get tired of people talking about how he had the number one offense.....which is entirely true but misleading. That's a metric totaled in yards only and has nothing to do with scoring or td throws.

Generally, Dak struggles with that aspect in the first couple of quarters in games and it's a regular thing. Then the Cowboys have to play catch up, while also dealing with their defense being exhausted because the offense couldn't do its job.

Note, that's not all on Dak, but he contributes. And he's very good and should be signed...but defending him with the "Number one offense" stance is lame. SCORES are what matters. Who cares if they got 400 yards but can't get in the red zone? Looking at the career stats between Dak and Wentz, there's not a whole lot of difference.....which tells you that stats can certainly mislead because anyone can see Dak is a much better QB than Wentz. Neither are guys that can carry a team and both need plenty of help....but those kind of QB's are super rare.
Good post. I always contend and argue that the O is not solely on the QB.
A lot of it? Of course, but you have Kellen Moore calling plays. You have Zeke fumbling the ball like it's a hot potato. You have WR's dropping balls like cray last year (I know you could harp on some of Dak's placements and that's valid), but the fact remains that while the QB is the field general, he is not the end all, be all of the team and the O.

And no matter who the QB is for the 'Boys my arguments will remain the same.

I guess that's why so many think I'm a Dak apologist.
No, I argue against simplistic thinking.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Agreed that simply pointing to #1 offense doesn't tell the whole story and can be misleading, but it wasn't just yardage. They were scoring big too when Dak was playing (32+ ppg). If they weren't #1 in scoring before Dak got hurt they had to be very close to it. I think most of the struggles in the first half this year were from the turnovers - mostly fumbles, And those were in a few individual games, but overall I don't believe there a huge gap between 1st half and 2nd half scoring.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I'd like that, but the Cowboys always take too long to get it right.
They should've signed Keenum as soon as he was available two years ago.
And they have kept Dak already a year too long. As long as he is here, Garrett is here.

I wish Jerry had your eye for talent evaluation. We would have won 6 super bowls under your watch.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Nah. Thanks for posting. Respect you sharing your thoughts. I disagree.

That said conpare Dak and Wentz and explaiwhy you'd prefer the former.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think he'll go to the Colts and be great for them.

It was obvious he was going to struggle this year before the season started. He'll bounce back

He's going to need a good QB coach. Lots of overthrows and missed receivers this year when he's had them open. He's feeling defensive pressure even when it's not there, which happens to quarterbacks when they've been hit a lot. Someone is going to have to get him to settle his feet, trust his mechanics and just let the ball go. Quarterbacks start pressing and try too hard to aim the pass.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I remember draft night when some fans were saying Wentz. Move up and take him... LMAO....:facepalm: You can't make this stuff up:laugh::lmao2:

irving

Reaction score
Can't make this stuff up, no wonder people make fun of cowboy fans.

basel90

Reaction score
actually the eagles OL was better than the cowboys and Wentz has had better WR group than Dak for most of his career. and definitely the best TE sets in the game.....

and when Dak got Cooper, then he was the #1 passer in the league....something wentz couldn't smell in his wildest dream....and wentz is made of crystal, sneeze and he gets hurt for 3 games.
Better OL than Dallas’s the past few years ? Many experts won’t agree , same for the WR group and add to that the RB position when zeke was in his prime .

basel90

Reaction score
How about the discussion on why Dallas beat the Eagles several times prior?
Nothing special there . A QB this young should be ascending and not descending . The finale last year was very telling , and a loss when it matters .. , and Dak would not have made a difference in the loss this year .

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
because he's not.
how isn't it hate sticking up for the eagles QB.
c'mon tony stark...i expect better from you.

why do you bother trying to reason with some moron who’s only MO is to say something stupid so you react?

Dak has completely embarrassed all his doubters. He will be here for another 5-7 years minimum. Let them cry about it all they want.

cowboyec

Reaction score
why do you bother trying to reason with some moron who’s only MO is to say something stupid so you react?

Dak has completely embarrassed all his doubters. He will be here for another 5-7 years minimum. Let them cry about it all they want.
because i'm on vacation.
sometimes i just can't resist.